• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thinking of selling your nsx?

Hello prime time!
Are you thinking of selling your nsx? Stop, no , and don't. I just met with with a long time friend who is uber American... He ownes corvettes, G8's, gto's and countless other GM brands I would never consider buying...
But he is good peeps and we get along quite well. His cars are brutes... Yet still, a tiny little 3 liter from the early nighties makes him think twice. Supercharged 3 liter but still, the car can be thrown around with complete confidence and lack of fear. You point, aim, and shoot.... If you are considering selling your car, do not make the mistake... Keep it!!!Just saying as I see a whole lot of for sale threads...
That's all.....

I've been toying with the aspect of selling my nsx to develop parts on another car for. I'm sure that it will change when I drive her again soon but until then...
Don't do it!:biggrin:

Haha I know. I think I'm just bored with it. That's half the reason I change my mind on things before they even go on my car half the time.

Do you have it back yet from the latest round? I thought it is about (but not yet) done with some major power-train changes?

Not posting this to piss anyone off, just expressing my views. Owned and loved (and modified) my NSX for 17 years...longer than 95% of the members here I suspect. I had real anxiety and self doubt about selling it, always saying "I'll be buried in this car." Went through a few cars since...a nice M6 and an impressive C7--neither lasted. Now driving an AWD, 350HP Golf R. I think of the NSX occasionally but can't say that I really miss it. It is an amazing car for sure but Honda erred in not developing the car. And while there are a vast number of things you can do to a gen1 NSX to make it "current"....it becomes a pretty expensive proposition. But....I still consider the NSX to be one of most beautiful cars ever made and the NSX community is awesome, which explains why I still lurk here. Gunna be interesting to see how the gen2 will change things.

Last edited:
Not posting this to piss anyone off, just expressing my views. Owned and loved (and modified) my NSX for 17 years...longer than 95% of the members here I suspect. I had real anxiety and self doubt about selling it, always saying "I'll be buried in this car." Went through a few cars since...a nice M6 and an impressive C7--neither lasted. Now driving an AWD, 350HP Golf R. I think of the NSX occasionally but can't say that I really miss it. It is an amazing car for sure but Honda erred in not developing the car. And while there are a vast number of things you can do to a gen1 NSX to make it "current"....it becomes a pretty expensive proposition. But....I still consider the NSX to be one of most beautiful cars ever made and the NSX community is awesome, which explains why I still lurk here. Gunna be interesting to see how the gen2 will change things.
What do you currently drive? Never mind got it.... They make Golf's in awd?

- - - Updated - - -

Haha I know. I think I'm just bored with it. That's half the reason I change my mind on things before they even go on my car half the time.
You have the new car itch like I do... But keep it. Stop modifying it, buy another car to modify,and keep your nsx.
If my car wasn't on a salvaged title I might have listed it but most likely would have backed out of any sale.

Last edited:
I just sold mine yesterday. I enjoyed it quite a bit for the last few years but life's too short to keep the same car around. If I had the means to keep multiple cars, the NSX would have definitely stayed. However, right now I don't so every few years I like to try something new. Plus prices are very strong right now so I can see the temptation to sell :)

Once the new nsx comes out, everyone will start wanting the older ones....

What do you currently drive? Never mind got it.... They make Golf's in awd?

They do...it's the AWD Golf "R"......it has mag ride, super fast DCT and serious power.......not a very pretty car but with a few cheap tweaks (stage 1 tuning) is brutally efficient....0-60 in 3.8 secs, seats four comfortably....might just have this one for a while. Life is full of trade offs I guess....doss8.jpg

update the actual sale price thread if you don't mind

Once the new nsx comes out, everyone will start wanting the older ones....

I agree. I think low mileage rare color ones will go up a bit more, but I think prices have hit the ceiling for most part. I can see someone buying a new one wanting to buy the original as well to have them side by side. Also, those that can't afford the new one will look into the old ones to buy. But some of these asking prices people have out there are absolutely ridiculous.

0-60 in 3.8!!! Very impressive. I had an 03 GTI Anniversary. 6 months later the R32 came out. The sales person told me at least 1 year or I would've waited.:frown:

0-60 in 3.8!!! Very impressive. I had an 03 GTI Anniversary. 6 months later the R32 came out. The sales person told me at least 1 year or I would've waited.:frown:

thats alright,,the deuche who sold me my 96 nxs told me ,when I asked if the 97's were going to be different, said... no....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Do you have it back yet from the latest round? I thought it is about (but not yet) done with some major power-train changes?

Pick up date is in June. The joke was I decided to go infinity and change that out after everything was done. I could have picked it up last month and probably before that but I'm planning on taking some time off in June to put my house up north up for sale and start the search down here. Planning on driving her down and then heading to expo in November.

Me personally, I still love this car and it has been nothing but a love/hate relationship.... Never tracked it yet. Bought as a stolen/salvaged title and restored it down to everything but the paint. But there are those few times in life when I just want a raw unadulterated drive. The nsx provides that fix. Then there are times when I want to drive it far and after an hour I just want the motor to shut up... But still, I think the new Nsx will bring forth street cred again for the old school model. My buddy who is uber GM says he likes my 91 way better than the new one. Usually, if you can take an import and impress American car drivers, you've got a gem...

Last edited:
A part of me wants to sell mine to make the most of all the positive equity in it. And that I can't really mod my car how I would like without throwing all that 'equity' away. In a perfect world, I could sell it and be able to buy a higher mileaged NSX to mod. Alas that day is long gone.

I get a kick out of these 2 1/2 year old resurrected for sales threads where they are asking 17K more and use all the same photos and information from the original thread. Come on guys, put a little effort updating these old threads.

I just sold mine yesterday. I enjoyed it quite a bit for the last few years but life's too short to keep the same car around. If I had the means to keep multiple cars, the NSX would have definitely stayed. However, right now I don't so every few years I like to try something new. Plus prices are very strong right now so I can see the temptation to sell :)

I thought it was just yesterday when you bought it. :) I told you that you would not loose a penny on the car. Turns out you made quite a few, good on you! What's next?

I agree. I think low mileage rare color ones will go up a bit more, but I think prices have hit the ceiling for most part.

Wouldn't surprise me if there is still a little more room to grow for most NSXs, but not by too much. I suspect that most NSXs will have a hard time cresting $100k over the next few years, but there will be plenty of pristine examples that will have no problem crossing that threshhold over the next 2-3 years. The "average" NSXs will probably still see some gains for a while until prices settle near $50-60k and then will likely stick around there. Right now it seems like that average price is more in the $35-40k range so I could see why some people would want to stick it out until at least early fall just to see if there is a little more gas in the tank for market growth.

alright then lets have a fun exercise....price my car...96 one owner 00 engine,original paint,mild pitting on front...02 updates except headlights..no accidents,and all the non compliance susp and trannie upgrades for track use type r susp...indy front bbk: 110k miles on chassis ...80k on engine...maintanaince mid cycle...clutch new sos 275...almost forgot that

Last edited:
alright then lets have a fun exercise....price my car...96 one owner 00 engine,original paint,mild pitting on front...02 updates except headlights..no accidents,and all the non compliance susp and trannie upgrades for track use type r susp...indy front bbk: 110k miles on chassis ...80k on engine...maintanaince mid cycle...clutch new sos 275...almost forgot that

Market price $35-40k Little more if you swap out the yellow components for black ;)

Personally, I think that your car's "value" is $50k and higher all day long, which is why I still think the NSX market has some room to grow. But if you wanted to actually sell your car now, I would say it would be in the $35-40k range.

Last edited:
lol that would be the next poll......keep it da bee...or bring it back to just a runothemill berlina/tan...:biggrin:

5spd or 6spd?

- - - Updated - - -

I was speaking to a friend lately. He wanted my opinion on buying the $70k+ NA2 Coupe that's for sale now. I mentioned that for near $70k you can buy a much better car than an old NSX, namely the Porsche GT4. There's no way i'd buy an NSX now. That ship has sailed. I bought my NSX 10yrs ago and it was the biggest unknown bargain in town. Now the word is out and investors finally woke up. However, it's time to find the next bargain. If I could sell my 1991 NSX for $70k, i'd certainly roll it into a new GT4 or perhaps a used GT2/GT3 or hell.. even the new Alfa. My car will sell for maybe $50k tops and that's being generous... there isn't a better driving car in the market now that I can roll into for $50k. That's the problem.

I'm not attached to my car as long as I can replace it with something better. Don't say replace it with a Corvette. A Corvette is faster.. it's not better.

My eyes are locked in on the new NSX but i'm not yet convinced it will be a replacement and i'm not convinced I need to sell my current NSX for it.

Moral of the story... The NSX ship has sailed unless you're a speculative investor and want to stare at the car in your garage all day but never drive it. Those are the ones that collectors want.... cobwebs, gunky grease, sticking valves, and all...

Back