• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This is how the Russians deal with pirates

Summary:

Well the pirates had taken over a Russian tanker and after the Russian commandos took it over, they hand cuffed all the pirates to the ship and blew it the fuck up and sank the ship with the pirates at the same time. Watching this video feels strangely satisfying.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TruV3sxS9Zw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TruV3sxS9Zw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Amazing video of court held on the High Seas..

An effective way to deal with the piracy mess. Looks like the Russians get their act together. A historic and effective
way of dealing with the lawless. They did make one mistake, however for added affect, they could have saved one pirate and sent him home with the story... Read the info below before watching the film clip.

This video shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This is not a fishing boat.". All conversations between the commandos are in Russian. If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.

The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives, and then they left the ship and exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it. The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hung.

Last edited:
Not surprising. That's how the Russians pretty much deal with any of their enemies.

That's how they dealt with the group that took over a Theater in Russia a decade ago and held it hostage. They sent in the special forces, gassed the whole place, walked in once everyone was passed out, and shot all the hijackers in the head. Many of the 100s of attendants were sickened from the gas. Some even died. Acceptable losses. They got their point across.

Another time one of their citizens was kidnapped by rebels and held for ransom. Instead of saving him, they found the families of all those involved and killed them all. Left one of them tongueless, d*ckless and other things-less laying around for everyone to see what happens to those and their families who kidnap their citizens.

Its just how they do business. Machiavelian, cruel and effective.

And yes, I understand Russian and the video. Good for them in this case. Can't say I always agree with their methods though. They seem to have just as little trouble eliminating their own citizens as they do their enemies.

Edit: Found the video on my own. That link doesnt work for me.

After the first little explosion, they are wondering "That's all, really?"
And then comes the huge one and then it's "Ah, there we go, now thats more like it"
That's pretty much the translation of the last part.

Last edited:
Another time one of their citizens was kidnapped by rebels and held for ransom. Instead of saving him, they found the families of all those involved and killed them all. Left one of them tongueless, d*ckless and other things-less laying around for everyone to see what happens to those and their families who kidnap their citizens.

Now that is bad ass, you sacrifice a few of your own citizens to make a point that they are not to be messed with. I'm Chinese and I'm sure China is the exact same way which is why most terrorist groups do not even attempt to do anything stupid to that country.

Thanks for letting me know that the link didn't work, it has now been fixed.

This guy says it all:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNfnVtMeI84?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNfnVtMeI84?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

back to subject, YIKES, yes bad-ass, yes, sad, yes bad ass, yes sad, I am confused.

You feel satisified?:confused:

Bad ass indeed. I'm satisfied with the proceedings.

Well, this was not very appropriate for 21st century but they did send a message...

We had pirates take over one of our rigs in nigeria recently, i think 2 guys got shot when bullets richochet'd off a structure. I thought about going overseas until i heard all that crap!!

Satisfied.

There have been issues here in the Gulf too around Oman that have secretly been dealt with as well. Arab Shipping companies won't tolerate it...

What? No walking of the plank? No Davey Jones's locker? This is by far the worst Disney Pirates movie I've seen so far.

^^^ I think a disney movie would kick ass if they had actual explosions caused by bombs, because I don't think disney ever made one of those. All they used was magic and fireworks.

Well, this was not very appropriate for 21st century

Shepley-Rolling-Eyes.png

The problem is when we try to deal with these pirates in a 21st century matter, they are under no jurisdiction since they are in international waters. Therefore they get let off scott free. Screw that!!! According to the pirate laws of the 18-19th century, its the captain's decision on what to do with pirates once they are captured. ( this is what i've read of course ) In this case they got blown the #uck up.

Back