• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

thoughts of selling your nsx...

tks for input guys.
i'd rather not part out the car since i dont have any stock wheels, to start things off. i do have the rest of parts in stock; springs, hood, rear valance.

i will try to post it in a few days and see what kind of attention i will get. if no serious buyers, then i will wait and keep her for a while.

i do want to get a targa, if someone out there is willing to do a straight trade.

Holy crap!!! This one:http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116855
Just bought the 2001 w 2002 conversion widebody here on Prime. Now I have a 91 black and a 01/02 Widebody......I had guilt and fear at first, but then said what the hell...go for it.....Put your car on Prime,craigslist,ebay, and autotrader and test the waters.....Can't hurt.:wink:

Oh and my buddy bought a downforce widebody 91 for 18k!!!!!!! wow:cool:

NA1 has pretty much at it's lowest. NA2/02+ prices has been dropping due to the supply. Last year $65-75K+. Today, if you can sell it maybe $46-56K. (low mileage & Excellent Condition. Kind of reminds me of my 401K:biggrin: If I sold my car, I would be about even with the market value of NA1. (mods would have to be freebies)

On Ebay......It was buy it now for 20k.....then a week later 18k and he jumped on it.....Being shipped to Texas Monday......Gott keep some of these NSX's in Texas ya know!!!!:cool:

Sure, anytime I am located between Dallas and Fortworth...This area has been pathetic for nsx groups for awhile now, maybe because half the group hs sold there cars? :cool:

Guys, am i asking too much for my NSX? See my sig for the thread.

You think if i bought stock 94 wheels that it would help sell it better?

The stock wheels don't add much unless the wheels you have on are chromed spinners.:wink: The only problem you might have with price is that most people think of your car as any other older coupe so why pay 30k when I can get a similar milage 91 for 27k.What you may want to do is look at the wiki changes by year to highlight the subtle differences in your 94 vs the 91-93 coupes:wink:The average buyer does not know Acura added some improvements on the 94 as a bridge to the 95-t.

Last edited:
Good call. I will do that.

But holy crap, you can get an 01 with 62k miles for $27k?!!? Unless of course you meant to say 91. :)

Last edited:
Good call. I will do that.

But holy crap, you can get an 01 with 62k miles for $27k?!!? Unless of course you meant to say 91. :)

oooooooooops I'm not doing well today yes 91.:eek: I'm going back to edit.

I think that it just depends on what a person is willing to lose when trading in or selling any car. No car is an investment, especially if you "drive" it. Some cars depreciate more than others, but for the most part, you're not looking for a return in your car, just enjoyment.

You're also looking at the lost of enjoyment from NOT selling the car as well. I am an autophile so I read about cars in some sort or fashion every day and have done so since I was probably around 12 years old. I bought my first car 15 years ago and since then have owned the following cars:

1994 Honda Civic EX Couple
2000 Honda S2000
2002 BMW M3 Convertible
2004 Honda S2000 (SC'ed)
2005 Acura TL A Spec with Navi
2006 Porsche C4S with GT3 Kit

I have a friend who bought the exact same Civic as me back in 1994... and he still has that car. He has never bought another car and just drives around in his 15 year old Civic. But I can't imagine not selling my Civic and just driving that one car for the last 15 years, it would have driven me crazy. Literally!

All I do all day is read about new cars and new technology and I want to get my hands on it. When I was in college in 1999, the S2000 was my dream car.... but that was 1999. Now my dream car is the R8 V10... or at least the 420 hp V8.

As car lovers, I believe that we owe it to ourselves to always follow our dreams and passions and not be stagnant and happy with one car. I know that you save money, but that's not what life is about. It's about being able to look back and remember all of your cars. Each one had different things that you loved or hated about it, but that's the fun of it all. To have those multiple memories and being able to compare different cars for their good and bad points.

I loved my Civic, I loved my M3 and S2000 and I love my C4S. They were all great cars and I will continue to add to my collective memory by moving on one day from what I have now.

So to answer you question. If you want another car and you can afford it and don't mind taking the loss on your NSX. Then you owe it to yourself to purchase it, whatever it may be. Another NSX, an R8, or even a GT-R. Whatever tickles your fancy. Just remember to enjoy the ride!

Last edited:
^ Im the same way.

Truth be told though, the NSX has been the first car i had that i truly enjoyed. Just having two cars at this point of my life hasnt been working out. It rarely gets driven and i feel as if someone else would enjoy more seat time with her than I have.

With that said, I just started her up for the first time since October because the weather here is great. Started up on the first try and off i went.

I been driving my 08 328i all winter so this was a huge difference. I also have an 09 M3 sedan on order but now im really reconsidering it. The NSX just feels so light and quick on its feet. Cant be said for most cars that are out today. Really enjoyed the drive today.. now im so confused. :eek:

fawk!

^ Im the same way.

Truth be told though, the NSX has been the first car i had that i truly enjoyed. Just having two cars at this point of my life hasnt been working out. It rarely gets driven and i feel as if someone else would enjoy more seat time with her than I have.

With that said, I just started her up for the first time since October because the weather here is great. Started up on the first try and off i went.

I been driving my 08 328i all winter so this was a huge difference. I also have an 09 M3 sedan on order but now im really reconsidering it. The NSX just feels so light and quick on its feet. Cant be said for most cars that are out today. Really enjoyed the drive today.. now im so confused. :eek:

fawk!

I let mine go for an 08 M3 with DCT. I do not think you will be disapointed with the BMW. Though in the end, nothing will replace the NSX. But a lot has changed since they desigend the NSX all those years ago and you will feel it in the M3. It is a great car with an engine that just does not quit. In fact, this is what I would have expected in the NSX if they kept it up to date.

The only thing I miss is the exotic look and the attention it got. The M3 does not have the sex apeal of the NSX, but for power and handling, it is a step up.......Steve

Last edited:
^ Im the same way.

fawk!

The problem is that two cars will never be the same. If you buy one car to "replace" the other, you will never be satisfied. Even if you go from one generation to the next in the same car.

You just have to change cars for that very reason, for a change. Going from the S2000 to the E46 M3 Convertible was a big change. The E46 was so heavy compared to the nimble little S2000, but it wasn't tail happy and it had torque for days. I loved both of them. Just in different ways. And I never wanted one to be the other. It wouldn't have been fair.

I let mine go for an 08 M3 with DCT. I do not think you will be disapointed with the BMW. Though in the end, nothing will replace the NSX. But a lot has changed since they desigend the NSX all those years ago and you will feel it in the M3. It is a great car with an engin that just does not quit. In fact, this is what I would have expected in the NSX if they kept it up to date.

The only thing I miss is the exotic look and the attention it got. The M3 does not have the sex apeal of the NSX, but for power and handling, it is a step up.......Steve

Ah didnt think anyone here would have gone from an NSX to the new M3. Glad you have no regrets making the switch. Plus i ordered the same color as you with MDCT as well. Just in the E90 sedan version. Need 4 doors for work which is another reason i have issues driving the NSX more often.

Now someone buy my NSX. :D

Ah didnt think anyone here would have gone from an NSX to the new M3. Glad you have no regrets making the switch. Plus i ordered the same color as you with MDCT as well. Just in the E90 sedan version. Need 4 doors for work which is another reason i have issues driving the NSX more often.

Now someone buy my NSX. :D

I think that you will really like the stability that the M3 has. You can do 140 with one hand on the steering wheel and send a text message on your iphone in the other hand. No kidding.

I think any car enthusiast always has his eye on something if not more than one at a time! I for one have owned my S2000 for 5 years now and have been thinking of exchanging it with something 'better' but I just can't get myself to do it. She is my daily driver and nothing for the buck is as much fun tbh!

When it comes to the NSX, it's even tougher. Every time I drive her, i don't want to get out. It's the overall feel and look of the car, there really is nothing like it to drive or to look at!

2 cars is already too much for one person if you ask me, but if one day I can afford to get another dream car (both if these have been for me) I don't think I would be able to part with them. I would need to find an excuse to have a 4 car (along with the wifes') in my garage - mad as it sounds, it is a 'sickness' we all have - and I for one love it!

I think any car enthusiast always has his eye on something if not more than one at a time! I for one have owned my S2000 for 5 years now and have been thinking of exchanging it with something 'better' but I just can't get myself to do it. She is my daily driver and nothing for the buck is as much fun tbh!

When it comes to the NSX, it's even tougher. Every time I drive her, i don't want to get out. It's the overall feel and look of the car, there really is nothing like it to drive or to look at!

2 cars is already too much for one person if you ask me, but if one day I can afford to get another dream car (both if these have been for me) I don't think I would be able to part with them. I would need to find an excuse to have a 4 car (along with the wifes') in my garage - mad as it sounds, it is a 'sickness' we all have - and I for one love it!

Tell me about it. I now have 4 cars and am still on the hunt for others. Sadly my NSX is the least practical of the bunch but i think i would have the hardest time parting with it.

Back