• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

thoughts on the new nsx that's about to be announced?

The new NSX will measure 170.5 inches long, 74.6 inches wide, 45.7 inches tall, on a 101.4-inch wheelbase. That compares with the original car's 174.2-inch overall length, 99.6-inch wheelbase, 46.1-inch height, and 71.3-inch width.

Looks pretty handsome.

Wonder what the cost will be. Maybe this will start the ball rolling at Honda for more sporty stuff to follow if this sells well.

I need to see it in person and compared with other vehicles on the road. By itself from the photos it appears large and proportional egg shaped instead of low and wide. Obviously the numbers tell another story.

Then again, the original NSX's are too deceiving in photos by themselves making them appear much larger than what you see in person.

i like the rear so far , doesnt excite me that much enough to wanna upgrade from my 04 tho, but maybe in 3 years :rolleyes:

Hybrid???? Come on. I know that's the direction that Honda wants to go but make two different kinds (hybrid and non). I wonder which one would sell better?

It looks nice, my only questions are what type of number will it produce, and how will this new nsx(if ever released) effect the value of our cars.

I like the new concept, and I think this one will actually be produced. They have to keep it in the GT-R price range if they want to make it profitable though.

Im gonna be the first to strip it of all the hybrid crap.
and document it in a build thread.

:biggrin: watch.

Shawn you are going to place in a series all the aspirator fans you have removed from all your old nsx and these will magnify the kers energy creating an energon cube.that cube will then be used to fold space............

Subscribed already.

I like the innovation behind it, I hope that Honda FINALLY releases SOMETHING for us to be excited about.

Still doesn't stir my soul the way the original NSX did in '91 (or today when I look at my driveway)

Hybrid???? Come on. I know that's the direction that Honda wants to go but make two different kinds (hybrid and non). I wonder which one would sell better?

That is an excellent point, a Hybrid regenerative SH/AWD version would make it very hard for enthusiasts to tinker with the engine/drivetrain/brakes/etc. But that is the direction that Honda seems to be headed.

I looked at all the photos - 21 to be exact - it's real car - they are still working out the details of the power plant. It's forward thinking, a beautiful car; what's not to like.

I remember all the doubting Thomases - "we've been teased to death", just another bogus picture; they'll never make it. I always knew that NSX wasn't dead yet - I had hope when others had run out. I admit that it's taken a long time and we surely been teased with the other models and the HSV and so forth but this time is different. This one will I believe come to fuition - 2015 they say - that gives the engineers 3 years to work it out. I'm sure they can do it.

Now about the Hybrid tech - why would anyone dismay over that idea when Porsche is building the 918 and they have a hybrid GT3 racer on the circuit - you guys might as well get used to it - the future is coming and it's coming fast. This from Honda/Acura just when Porsche is building this super expensive, like 800k 918 car. This will blow their socks off. A hybrid sports car in a beautiful body like this - man it's going to hit like crazy. If they just advertise it properly - like Porsche does - they'll make a sucess out of it, especially if it performs.

One thing Acura/Honda has done - a mid engine/hybrid rear wheel drive with front wheel drive action - AWD - has to be rear wheel biased - that's something I'm interested in seeing how they do it. Gonna be a major big deal. Let's hope they come thru with the goods this time. Many I'm sure are still saying - "I'll believe it when I see it". Don't blame them but something is coming.

This is an exciting time for us. I have one thing to say to Shawn - lay back and enjoy it. Quit looking a "gift horse in the mouth" - take out the hybrid technology - are you kidding? That is most crazy dude. You'll be messing with something you have no idea how to engineer. Why not wait and see what the experts come up with - I think we'll all like it.

Back