• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tickets for Top Gear USA

Last edited:
Your link doesn't work.

See you there Sat am, I got the email from my work pc or I'd try to post the link on here too. :redface:

I went to the taping at 9am. Which turned out to be Episode 1. So we were there when they put the first time on the power board. Dodge Viper ACR, I think the time was 1:22 or something like that. I have to admit, I was impressed after seeing the set up in person. The clips and sneak peeks on the web turned me off. But seeing it person has changed my mind. I will give the show a chance. It's still not the UK show, but it's not too bad. If I wake up early tomorrow I might check out tomorrow morning taping as well. :biggrin:

PS "American" Stig on the vids is clearly a little on the husky side when compared to UK Stig. :tongue:

Is it filmed inside a hangar? I got tickets for the week, and I'm not sure how the rain is going play in this?

I got two time frames on when it will start to air while I was there so not sure which to believe. One was Nov 21, One was first week of December.

Also it is filmed inside a hangar. It is set up just like the UK set, only a little smaller. You may have to line up while they check tickets but that's about it. Leave your phone and cameras in the car or at home, they will confiscate them and return it after the show.

I got two time frames on when it will start to air while I was there so not sure which to believe. One was Nov 21, One was first week of December.

Also it is filmed inside a hangar. It is set up just like the UK set, only a little smaller. You may have to line up while they check tickets but that's about it. Leave your phone and cameras in the car or at home, they will confiscate them and return it after the show.

Thanks for the information. So it will be 4 hours taping? And is this a "wife" friendly enviroment? Seats? or all standing?

Thanks again,

Thanks for the information. So it will be 4 hours taping? And is this a "wife" friendly environment? Seats? or all standing?

Thanks again,

4+ hours...give or take how many takes...it takes lol. I was there from 9am to 1:30ish. No seats...sorry...so wear comfy shoes. If you get there early you can try to scope out a spot by the stage and sit on the edge between takes. Problem is the production guys still might move you around while they bring cars in and out and change shots. Heck they move people around to keep the shot "balanced". Not enough women on one side...so they grab them from the other side...too many black shirts or something like that...they will mix you around. I got a little smack for wearing a white long sleeve t-shirt, so wear neutral colors...ill probably be edited out of the shots I was in...bastards lol :biggrin:

4+ hours...give or take how many takes...it takes lol. I was there from 9am to 1:30ish. No seats...sorry...so wear comfy shoes. If you get there early you can try to scope out a spot by the stage and sit on the edge between takes. Problem is the production guys still might move you around while they bring cars in and out and change shots. Heck they move people around to keep the shot "balanced". Not enough women on one side...so they grab them from the other side...too many black shirts or something like that...they will mix you around. I got a little smack for wearing a white long sleeve t-shirt, so wear neutral colors...ill probably be edited out of the shots I was in...bastards lol :biggrin:

Thanks for the detailed info. I guess I'm spending my day at home. 4.5 Hrs and standing is going to put me in the dog house :biggrin:

I'm afraid it's going to be another let down like the Aussie version, nobody beats the UK crew. That being said it'd still be cool to be in the crowd!

I'm afraid it's going to be another let down like the Aussie version, nobody beats the UK crew. That being said it'd still be cool to be in the crowd!

Honestly I wouldn't like to compare anything to the original but I can say that I really enjoyed it. I have seen almost every single top gear uk episode and can say that i'm just as skeptical as the next guy but this show is actually entertaining. It's better than the Australian one for sure. I know i'll be watching it. Don't compare it just think of it as a compliment to the original.

how weird. I was at El Toro marine base with the Porsche club autocross next door.

What channel will topgear USA air?

Back