• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To keep a long story short...

I wouldn't really care what a piece of paper said. We pretty much know the history of this car. Whoever buys it isn't going to take out a loan on it. It won't matter if it's salvage, rebuilt, repo, etc.... If the person buying it has read this thread and is ok with it, then that's all that really matters right?

Steve, buy it so you and your daughter can have a little project together. Keep it forever and then give it to her when she graduates.

If the price is right I am a buyer of anything. If I did buy the car I would send it to you so you could fix it then send it to me. :biggrin: One more project over here and I will be bald.

Sorry guys... haven't been on much lately, and I'm sure most of you know why.

Insurance payout didn't cover the total of the loan amount. I didn't have the funds to cover the rest, nor did I have gap insurance.

Go for it Steve, wouldn't bother me a bit! :wink:

Forgive me if I missed it somewhere stating that the car was found, I don't feel like reading all 5 pages of this thread now that is has taken this twist.
So the car did get stolen. The insurance company sent payment but it wasn't enough to pay off loan and since gap wasn't involved the finance company decided to repo a car that wasn't even in your possesion:confused:
HOWEVER, they did find it and now it is up for auciton.:confused:
There would be no way that it got repoed first and then a theft was reported on the car and the insurance company pay it off right?

And some bullet holes, even if they are the stick on kind.

Here's a preview of that. I happened to make a car like that in forza2 a few weeks ago. :biggrin:

Attachments

• punisher nsx.jpg
    punisher nsx.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 112
I can already see what is going through everybody's minds, and I understand that it looks VERY suspicious, but I don't know what to say. I had wanted this car for the better part of 15 years, and would NEVER even think of doing anything to a car such as this to depreciate the value, much less harm the vehicle in any way.

What did the car need. Wasn't it torn apart? What parts are missing. What is the car worth.

The interior (dash) was torn apart, but the major components were still in tact when it was stolen (steering console, dash, seats, carpeting). Other than the missing components (center console, vents, stereo...) the car was in immaculate condition when stolen. I don't know what the condition of the vehicle was when it was found, but I'm sure the wheels are gone also.

Forgive me if I missed it somewhere stating that the car was found, I don't feel like reading all 5 pages of this thread now that is has taken this twist.
So the car did get stolen. The insurance company sent payment but it wasn't enough to pay off loan and since gap wasn't involved the finance company decided to repo a car that wasn't even in your possesion:confused:
HOWEVER, they did find it and now it is up for auciton.:confused:
There would be no way that it got repoed first and then a theft was reported on the car and the insurance company pay it off right?

The car was recovered in the port of San Diego. I don't know why the finance company labeled it as a 'Repo' when the payoff was not enough to cover the loan. My guess would be that it is for tax/legal reasons in an attempt to recover any lost funds.

The interior (dash) was torn apart, but the major components were still in tact when it was stolen (steering console, dash, seats, carpeting). Other than the missing components (center console, vents, stereo...) the car was in immaculate condition when stolen. I don't know what the condition of the vehicle was when it was found, but I'm sure the wheels are gone also.

so all those pieces are missing?

It needs a
dash
steering wheel
steering column
stereo
vents, did that include the duct work?
any wiring missing?

How's everything else going? things getting better?

Well actually the mercedes was stolen a few months prior to the NSX being stolen so i'm guessing it got auctioned a few months ago...

ShiftyBob,

Obviously your car was stolen for parts if they started to remove the interior bits...such a shame this happened to you. I was keeping my eye out as we sometimes see alot of stolen vehicles in Dubai - there's alot of demand for premium luxury cars here.

Hope everything turns out great for you regardless.

This was just added to auction site. But if I remember shifty you had a aftermarket wheel in there didnt you?

: 6 Speed Transmission MANUAL Leather 2WD 2P CC PL PST PW AD PS STB CNVRTRHTP
Announcement: 1 AIRBAG DEPLOYED/ CUT~1 AIRBAG MISSING~WAITING ON EST~WONT START WITH JUMP

Lol. Maybe I'm wrong. I thought all this wreaked of a scam of one sort or another from the get go. I don't wanna speculate, but this car coming up as a REPO is pretty damn interesting.

Who knows what has happened here and I wonder why ppl, who are not interested in buying the car, are making insinuations on this. No one here was ripped off and the story could easily be 1) exactly as Bob has outlined, and 2) impossible to decipher from where we all sit.

So why dont we all just let those who are serious about the car do their thing and just stop the rest of this?

There is NO UPSIDE to any of us from these discussions.

Who knows what has happened here and I wonder why ppl, who are not interested in buying the car, are making insinuations on this. No one here was ripped off and the story could easily be 1) exactly as Bob has outlined, and 2) impossible to decipher from where we all sit.

So why dont we all just let those who are serious about the car do their thing and just stop the rest of this?

There is NO UPSIDE to any of us from these discussions.

Here is a great example of a smart man. +1:smile:

+2

There was a sort of similiar thread on the BMW board and we politely stopped posting in it shortly after the car sold on eBay.

with all due respect to everyone involved in the thread, given the circumstances as originally reported and the tremendous amount of support given by members to the member reporting the theft(s), it seems perfectly natural to me those members would have questions and to some extent, expect to have them answered truthfully.

(edit: having posted the above, i'm not in favor of beating a dead horse.)

with all due respect to everyone involved in the thread, given the circumstances as originally reported and the tremendous amount of support given by members to the member reporting the theft(s), it seems perfectly natural to me those members would have questions and to some extent, expect to have them answered truthfully.

(edit: having posted the above, i'm not in favor of beating a dead horse.)

+2 now here's an example of smart and straight-up man. Look steveny he's not a registered user:eek: Sorry i tried to add some humor:biggrin:

I agree 100% with queen, we all want to know out of concern and well, when you post something on the internet it doesn't become private anymore. What happened is not rocket science and nether is finding out the truth. By the grace of God this, or any of the other bad stuff could happen to any of us.

+2 now here's an example of smart and straight-up man. Look steveny he's not a registered user:eek: Sorry i tried to add some humor:biggrin:

I agree 100% with queen, we all want to know out of concern and well, when you post something on the internet it doesn't become private anymore. What happened is not rocket science and nether is finding out the truth. By the grace of God this, or any of the other bad stuff could happen to any of us.

I will always be a registered user on this site because I donate in other peoples names on this site and ask to be kept anonymous. Maybe it's tens of dollars maybe it's thousands of dollars but you know what, no one except lud will ever know.:wink: Once again, probably without even knowing or meaning to do so, people make assumptions. What appears to be not always is.

I hear hooves must be a horse.

Yeah, the membership status thing doesnt work. You can donate $1MM and then if you chuck a few more bucks in the pile, you're down to silver.

I think Im going to sue Lud for underrepresenting what an outstanding individual I am ;)

Yeah, the membership status thing doesnt work. You can donate $1MM and then if you chuck a few more bucks in the pile, you're down to silver.

I think Im going to sue Lud for underrepresenting what an outstanding individual I am ;)

:eek: He actually just straightened out that same problem for me.

so ive been looking all over for parts for this efed up nsx which led me to register on this forum. and to my surprise its this nsx :p hahahah, I work at adesa san diego and well my job is to find parts for all the efed up vehicles we get in everyday and well its a sweet nsx but alot of parts missing. I even have some info on the owner I have his name :p, so if the owner is registered here, your car is here and its efed up what you did to that car :( ill have pics tomorrow

Last edited:
so ive been looking all over for parts for this efed up nsx which led me to register on this forum. and to my surprise its this nsx :p hahahah, I work at adesa san diego and well my job is to find parts for all the efed up vehicles we get in everyday and well its a sweet nsx but alot of parts missing. I even have some info on the owner I have his name: NAME REMOVED BY REQUEST so if the owner is registered here, your car is here and its efed up what you did to that car :( ill have pics tomorrow

Um dude you might want to read this thread from start to finish. This car was not repo'd ... it was stolen and recovered... then I guess the bank repo'd it from the insurance company... its my best guess... but whoever stole the car is who removed the parts. Bob had nothing to do with this. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I even have some info on the owner

What the hell do you need to post info here about the owner for? We know who owned the car. Are you just trolling in here to show us how cool you are and have connections in the junk biz?

Nice first post, welcome.

Back