• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To keep a long story short...

Hahaha... you guys crack me up. Like Vultures circling overhead! I know it's all in good fun though.

I have no intention of buying the car back. With my current situation I am in no shape whatsoever to be doing anything of the sort (my lawyer would have a heart attack)!

But, even IF I could buy it back, I wouldn't. The car is ruined for me. Once I'm ready, I think I might start looking for a nice Imola! :biggrin: It will be a couple of years though. With the way this divorce is shaping out to be, I plan on having my hands tied for the next few years... :redface:

Well Bob hopefully the next few years will be easy on ya compared to the past!

OMG...This is terrible. For those of you who don't know I was the original owner of this car. Virtually evey upgrade on this car was a labor of love for me. I went throuh 6 or so sets of rims before getting the exact size to the mm. Bob I am truely sorry to hear of this and all your recent hardships.
God Speed my friend

:biggrin: Hey, I just got notification of THIS CAR running through the REPO sale in cali!!! Capital one auto finance repo sale.. Anyone interested? It does not have a salvage title or theft recovery so I guess it might be a good buy!!!!:biggrin: Going off the story here on Prime I have no clue how this would be in a repo sale but it is!

Here is a copy of my email recieved. :eek: :eek:

"Notify Me" Results for Wholesale Auto Outlet, Friday, May 23, 2008.
To modify, delete or add a Notify Me rule, please login to
http://www.adesa.com and select the "Notify Me" link.

================================================================================
1991-2007 ACURA NSX ALL ALL -ALL US
================================================================================

Auction Run Lists : 1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 ACURA NSX T 7759M BLUE 3.2L V6 JH4NA21685S000081
(05/29/2008 OPEN Consignment Sale ADESA San Diego Capital One
Auto Finance)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ADESA "Notify Me" feature searches all of ADESA's inventory
currently scheduled to run in an upcoming auction or for sale on ADESA.com
and matches it against the inventory needs you programmed in the Notify
Mefunction.

:biggrin: Hey, I just got notification of THIS CAR running through the REPO sale in cali!!! Capital one auto finance repo sale.. Anyone interested? It does not have a salvage title or theft recovery so I guess it might be a good buy!!!!:biggrin: Going off the story here on Prime I have no clue how this would be in a repo sale but it is!

Here is a copy of my email recieved. :eek: :eek:

"Notify Me" Results for Wholesale Auto Outlet, Friday, May 23, 2008.
To modify, delete or add a Notify Me rule, please login to
http://www.adesa.com and select the "Notify Me" link.

1991-2007 ACURA NSX ALL ALL -ALL US

Auction Run Lists : 1
2005 ACURA NSX T 7759M BLUE 3.2L V6 JH4NA21685S000081
(05/29/2008 OPEN Consignment Sale ADESA San Diego Capital One
Auto Finance)

The ADESA "Notify Me" feature searches all of ADESA's inventory
currently scheduled to run in an upcoming auction or for sale on ADESA.com
and matches it against the inventory needs you programmed in the Notify
Mefunction.

:confused:

If it's cool with shiftbob I would be willing to buy the car, of course for a lot less than it's worth.:biggrin:

I would love to have it as the blue matches my F-car

i'm sure there's a good explanation for the stolen vs repo'd twist.

shifty, can you fill us in, please?

hmm I'm suscribed and I can see where this is going........:wink:

I wonder if the car was stolen but when recovered the bank took it back and marked it as a repo so they could get more of their money back. Marking the car as theft recovery will reduce the resale price because of the title being branded. I bet that's what happened.

I wonder if the car was stolen but when recovered the bank took it back and marked it as a repo so they could get more of their money back. Marking the car as theft recovery will reduce the resale price because of the title being branded. I bet that's what happened.

So they're allowed to defraud their customers....:mad:

Unfortunately if the insurance paid out on the car it would be branded as a theft recovery/salvage title. AND the bank would have no ownership of it, the insurance company would then own it. The insurance co would then set up auction in the salvage market. It would not be able to be marketed as a repo with a clear title.

steve,

1st - with your next post, please give a brief update on baby, renee and you as a new family :)

next, interesting thought about it being stolen, then sold as a repo... how would an interested party confirm the exact path the vehicle has actually taken since it was taken?

again, interesting thread.

:confused:

steve,

1st - with your next post, please give a brief update on baby, renee and you as a new family :)

next, interesting thought about it being stolen, then sold as a repo... how would an interested party confirm the exact path the vehicle has actually taken since it was taken?

again, interesting thread.

Baby was up almost every hour last night and I couldn't comfort her and felt helpless. :frown: I think she has gas.

Oh she made her first trade this morning I video taped it. She made $2480. It would have been about 260 more but by the time I got the camera set up and got her in place the stock went up a bit. She is a maverick.

I wouldn't really care what a piece of paper said. We pretty much know the history of this car. Whoever buys it isn't going to take out a loan on it. It won't matter if it's salvage, rebuilt, repo, etc.... If the person buying it has read this thread and is ok with it, then that's all that really matters right?

Steve, buy it so you and your daughter can have a little project together. Keep it forever and then give it to her when she graduates.

Unfortunately when times are bad some people do things they would otherwise never consider. I wish Shifty the best.
This is a set of facts that would certainly raise the eyebrows of the State Insurance Fraud Investigations Unit. I am not saying that is the case here, but the fact pattern in very disconcerting.
And, finally, the insurance company would still make a payment to the insured even if they belived it was fraud. Then they would have a completed fraud to prosecute. Still speaking generally and not specifically to Shifty's situation.

Back