• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Today installed TAITEC JGTC Parallel Exhaust

Today I installed my new Exhaust, and to be honesty I'm not really impressed. It is to loud and to low pitched. My modified orginal muffler was much more nicer with a higher pitched sound. It felt also more aggresiv and agile than the Taitec. When I am driving at the 5000rpm, it feels like I am driving at about 2500rpm! :(

But I have to admit the very high quality of the taitec.
Anyway, I need higher pitch sounds to my nsx.
Has anyone some mpegs about the GruppeM Exhaust?
Has anyone an idea which Exhaust has the most higher pitched sound? (Tubi it isn't)
If I won't be happy with my Taitec, I'm gonna reinstall my old one.

Tiatec is over hyped

their exhaust doesnt sound as good as on their race car...

the mugen company has a nice one they dont sell to the public but if u have the extra cash you can get it..

direct jgtc exhaust...

if you interested my friend may try to get it for you... but it will be expensive...

But I have to admit that with taitec my nsx runs better than before. I believe that the performance has been increased. Maybe 8HP or more. :D

I have had a JGTC Center Exit exhaust on my car for a couple of years now and I enjoy it the same today as I did when I put it on. The sound is respectable at idle but really comes alive when I put my foot into it. I don't know what kind of difference there is between the sounds of our two models. Perhaps it is because I am comparing the sound between the stock muffler :( and you are comparing yours with a aftermarket unit you already had..

I liked the build quality so much when it was time to buy headers, Taitec was my first and only choice. They have been sitting in my home office for sometime now as I enjoy looking at them but they will be on the car before she comes out of storage.

Do I think they are "overhyped?"
Maybe........
Would I buy from Taitec again?
Without a doubt!! :D

3179 said:
new exhaust usualy have a break in period of 400-700miles..

I have found that after 1,000 miles on my Taitec that it sounds a lot better than the first 100 miles I put on it. It now has a little resonation when backing off the throttle in 1st and 2nd that it didn't have in the beginning. It's sounding better and better every day.

I'm sorry that you dislike it. I have the same one on my car and could not be happier. I will say that is got louder after about 2500 miles, but I think it sounded great from the monent I put it on. Maybe there is a Tubi or an Arc Titanium in your future :D
Aaron

danpiu said:
...My modified orginal muffler was much more nicer with a higher pitched sound. It felt also more aggresiv and agile than the Taitec... I'm gonna reinstall my old one.

How did you modify your original exhaust ?? Could you explain ?

Mantra,
I just hollowed out, I did nothing special.
But in the meanwhile I really have to admit that my new Taitec exhaust is stronger than the old original. Maybe it needs some time to accustom oneself... :)

...anyone who does not like their Taitec, please send it my way. I would be happy to buy it. :)

i would like a taitec too, but i want an exhaust with 4inch polished straight cut tips, i cannot find anything anywhere. Anytime exhaust had exactly what i was looking for, but now they only sell the double exit tips, yuck. :(

ajnsx said:
iAnytime exhaust had exactly what i was looking for, but now they only sell the double exit tips, yuck. :(

I don't think anytime every sold anything but a dual-tip exhaust.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26382

I don't think anytime every sold anything but a dual-tip exhaust.

the magazine that i posted a picture of, in the thread above (before imagestation changed their policies and i deleted old photos)have the single tip version of the twin they still sell, (130mm tips)with photographs on the car and off. This was a 1997 nsx catalouge though. I bought it new last year! (the magazine)

I think the taitec is too Loud. my Taitec has a deep growl, even the V8 guys couldnt believe it was coming from a six.

I have a friend with a grupeM and i think it has a higher pitch but the Taitec has the deeper tone.

If I had both at the table for free, I would still get the Taitec, ohh wait maybe I'll choose the GrupeM and sell it then buy the taitec.
:D :D

Give it sometime, it may break in to your likings..

Back