• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track Alignment

ryneen said:
Andrie,
I'd like to confirm your toe settings. The decimal point has confused me.
Does -.16" mean -1/16"
Does +.08 mean +1/8"
I want to make sure and give the right info to my alignment person today.
Thanks for clarification,
Ryan

He probably meant degrees, not inches.

Thanks guys,

I talked(PMed) to Larry, and looked up Ken's alignment. Since this will be my first time with RA1's. I have decided to start at a good baseline and see how it goes.

My plans:
1. Loosen front sway bar to middle hole.
2. Reduce front and rear toe to 1/2 on 93 specs.
3. Front Camber of -1.0. Rear -2.0.
4. Caster - unchanged.
5. Get a pyrometer(thanks Larry:smile: )

See how it goes and go from there.

I have some similar specs and was wondering is this too aggressive for a street settting? -1.0 front/ -2.6 rear

I was hoping to read this post and have a better understanding as to what alignment I should get for my '91 NSX. After reading, I'm still not sure what to do. The NSX is my weekend car as well as a track car. Here are my details:

Driving experience: Many track days. Comfortable and fairly quick in the advanced run group.

Setup:
-RA1's
-Non compliance rear beam, bushings and toe links
-Front non compliance clamp
-Type R shocks
-Type R front upper and lower chassis bar
-Aftermarket rear strut bar over motor
-Stock front and rear swaybars

Please see attached photo's of my rear tire (right side). This tire has about 5k miles driven on it since the last track event and therefore represents highway mileage. It appears I need more camber since the outside is worn more than the inside. However, I'd like to know what a good track setup is that is still somewhat streetable. I saw Andrie's and TitaniumDave's alignment setups. Can anyone help confirm if either of these are ideal alignment setups for my situation? How about you Ken? You know my driving style a bit. Any thoughts?

View attachment 29302

View attachment 29303

I am runing almost exactly what Andrie mentined. Little more caster actually.
The car will be nervious on the street. It is wonderfull on the track.

isnt 235-40-17 in the front too wide? will the tires rub the fender liner during full lock turns?

also how much camber can the car have with just aftermarket coilover and sway bars?

Yep but It is easy to live with. It is only a problem when parking.
Sway bars do not effect camber. 2 deg is about it without camber bushings.

Later,
Don

Back