• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trouble with Brakes

I am having a problem with my brakes, every once in awhile, the pedal goes completely to the floor. The rest of the time it is normal. I tried pumping them when this happens, but that does not work. All fluids are up to there proer levels also. If you can, please email me at [email protected].

Thank You
Erick Schmitt

It sounds like you need to replace your brake master cylinder. Do a search and you'll find other people complaining of the same symptom.

Ak

Does anyone have a DIY thread on replacing the Brake master cylinder. Any does and donts', or is it pretty straight forward?

Thank You
For your replies!!

Erick Schmitt

It's pretty straight forward. Just make sure you don't round off the nuts from the brake hard lines. Also if you could bleed the master cylinder prior to installing it, that would help make it easier for bleeding the entire brake system when you change it easier. You will need a bench vise for this and there are kits (Napa Auto Parts carries one) made especially for this. Take your time and all will go well. Good luck.

Back