• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trunk Lid Under Spoilers, 2002+ Style, Carbon Fiber and FRP - NSXworks.com

We just finished a batch of Trunk Under Spoilers, 5 in CFRP Carbon Fiber, and 5 in FRP, intended for paint.

Pricing for this part is $350 shipped in CF and $250 shipped in FRP

There are 10pcs ready for immediate shipping or pickup, we are Paypal Verified, and also accept money orders (or cash for pickups).

cfopt.jpg

Detail Shots:

Left:

leftopt.jpg

Right:

rightopt.jpg

Center:

detailopt.jpg

Some pictures of this part installed on a 1998 NSX-T:

DSC04431opt.JPG

DSC04433opt.JPG

DSC04440opt.JPG

Last edited:
So how are they attached? Holes, velcro...? :smile:

The underspoilers are attached using double sided tape; for the cf underspoilers, 3M automotive grade double-sided tape comes pre-applied. Simply remove the wax from this area of your trunk lid, peel the backing from the double sided tape, and position the underspoiler.

This is the same mounting technique used for '02+ side skirt door panels, front lips, side skirts themselves, etc. - also, it is the same method used by BMW and Audi for their trunk lip spoilers, rieger for their rear window spoilers, etc.

Ideally you would want to first remove the rear spoiler, to allow for better access, then clean the trunk lid, and for final fittiment peel the tape, affix the lip spoiler, then cover either end of the underspoiler/trunk with a microfiber towel and lightly affix c-clamps over the ends, to compress the tape and create a good seal. Come back in perhaps 30 minutes, remove the clamps, and reattach your rear wing.

any kevlar option offred?

There are no plans for a kevlar version at this time, but due to the positive response we are starting on another batch of the cf underspoilers.

I edited the original post to include some pictures of this part installed on a 1998 NSX-T (this car also has our NSXworks cf NSX-R spoiler, cf diffuser, and cf/lexan engine cover installed).

I got a chance to check out the yellow nsx with the diffuser, type r wing, and engine cover yesterday at Niguel Motors. All i can say is "DAMM!!!" REALLY GREAT WORK ON EACH ITEM!!! TOP NOTCH QUALITY ITEMS!!! BUY THEM!!! YOU GUYS WONT BE DISAPPOINTED!!! TRUST ME!!! IT WAS A JAW DROPPING EXPERIENCE!!! :eek: KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK JOHN!!! :cool:

once these go on can they be taken off later without ruining the paint?

Dhalsim,

Yes, this should be possible, there is a special-purpose chemical sold by 3M (this is 3M automotive-grade tape) designed to remove the adhesive. If you use some form of heat (hair dryer, heat gun, etc.) it should be possible to loosen the adhesive even without this chemical, for safe removal, similar to the procedure used to 'debadge' cars with trunk-mounted emblems. Once the physical spoiler has been removed from the car, any left over adhesive can be cleaned with adhesive removers (eg goof off, available at home depot, etc.)

I send you a response to your other questions via PM.

Any CF ones left?:biggrin:

i want a frp one , what do I do?

Payment sent (frp)

Just wanted to say that I love the quality of this part...looks great on my car.

Thanks!

any news on my part?

Just got mine, thanks again John.:wink: Should I use self-tapping screws to install these like the 02+ OEM one?

Anyone else purchase the frp one?
just curious on your opinion of the quality and finish of it?

FYI: I recently placed the lip spoiler from a different vendor, in addition to having the TYPE R spoiler on, let me say that placebo or not, I can feel the (down) force!

This mod is well worth it. Although I also added the Type R hood scoop, and a undertray for the bumper at the same time, I think this and other aero mods are well worth it.

Last edited:
Back