• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tubi Group Buy

Here is the way my mental math is working:
Order placed with Tubi Italy on or before 9/20.
+ 2-4 weeks to fit them into the manufacture schedule (wild ass guess)
+ 3-4 more weeks to Michigan via ocean/rail freight.
= November US arrival

So, all that to say 'uh, I think they'll probably be here soon'?

I believe I recall Matt mentioning a late Oct US arrival, but don't hold me (or him) to that. A lot has happened since 9/20 in my life.

Matt emailed me yesterday and said they had someone at the Tubi factory next week and would receive an update then.

Hey Guys,
Can I get in on this group buy, or is it too late?
Just bought my '99 with 15,000 mi / stock and all original.
What else am I going to need for this installation?
What is the projected time for production and delivery?
Now I am ready to start building my toy!
Let me know what to do to make a confirmation for purchase...
Thanks
MM
[email protected]

Attachments

• NSX 41.jpg
    NSX 41.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 697
Cruzrmm said:
Hey Guys,
Can I get in on this group buy, or is it too late?
Just bought my '99 with 15,000 mi / stock and all original.
What else am I going to need for this installation?
What is the projected time for production and delivery?
Now I am ready to start building my toy!
Let me know what to do to make a confirmation for purchase...
Thanks
MM
[email protected]

Sweet car, congrats on the purchase!

Contact the distributor to see if you can still get in on the GB:
Euro Tech of Holland llc.
Email: [email protected]
Address: 10963 Paw Paw Dr.
Holland,MI 49424
(616) 393 7733

If you don't mind, post what Matt has to say about delivery times too. Inquiring minds want to know...

You'll also want to buy some adapter pipes so this exhaust will fit your 99. Tubi sells them, but they are $$$. Check out SoS for them. Link to SoS adapter pipes.

I will post Matt's reply as soon as I hear back from him.
Now that I have found my "New" NSX I will be making some minor mods and will post some new pics as I go. First is Tubi exhaust followed by a set of Kinesis wheels with tires. Considering CTSC.... Maybe

Hope I am not too late for the exhaust... :cool:

UPDATE:
I talked to Lou at Tubi Style Usa today, they just got back from the factory in Italy.

The good news.

The resigned the exhaust for the Nsx so it will fit correctly, it is no longer one piece. The muffler is now a different shape, and the exhaust system now comes in three piece's.
The tips are now adjustable, up, down, left and right.
They say this should fix ALL the fitments problems that we had in the past.

The bad news:

At this point they only have about 10 or so exhaust systems built, and they won't be shipping them out until they have 20 set's complete.
He expects them to arrive at there Michigan warehouse in earl February, and they would ship them out to you guy's a week later.
Later Brian.

prova4re said:
UPDATE:
I talked to Lou at Tubi Style Usa today, they just got back from the factory in Italy.

The good news.

The resigned the exhaust for the Nsx so it will fit correctly, it is no longer one piece. The muffler is now a different shape, and the exhaust system now comes in three piece's.
The tips are now adjustable, up, down, left and right.
They say this should fix ALL the fitments problems that we had in the past.

Brian,

This concerns me... This sounds like a totally different exhaust than that which every other Tubi is and therefore an unknown quantity.

Will it sound different?

Comes in 3 peices? How does that work? Every other exhaust comes in 1 piece...

Adjustable tips? Will they vibrate loose with time? Will they be needing adjustment when the carcover gets caught on them or after a trip on a bumby road or even if you bump into them?

All these extra pieces and adjustability are bound to weigh more?

What does this one look like? What do the tips look like?

From what I understand the fitment issues were a minority and not the rule with the original Tubi.

I don't like buying prototype stuff and this new "redesigned" Tubi is not tried and tested. I knew what I was getting before and now I don't know anymore...

I talked with Franc Yarde at Tubistyle USA Inc today. He stated they got behind as they have a new factory in Italy. They expect to have 20 by Dec. 15th. Euro Tech of Holland will let us know when they come in as to collect the balance and ship out.
They have worked and improved it on the design to fix the fitment issues of the past so it doesn't hit the rear valance (left, right, high low). The tip has a flange that can be adjusted just as their other exhaust made for Ferrari and other high end cars. The sound, and exhaust will basicly be the same. :wink:

Don

AU_NSX said:
Brian,

This concerns me... This sounds like a totally different exhaust than that which every other Tubi is and therefore an unknown quantity.

I don't like buying prototype stuff and this new "redesigned" Tubi is not tried and tested. I knew what I was getting before and now I don't know anymore...

I don't know what it looks like, only the guy's at Tubi and Tubi style USA know for sure.
I was just told this info by LOU who works there, Tubi is well known for doing things when they get around to it. Most of the Italians have a laid back approach, so it's tough to get a strait answer out of them much less get an exact date on when something is going to get here.

If your that concerned, I would call SOS and buy there used one asap.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43671

Sorry I can't be more help.

Last edited:
AU_NSX said:
Brian,

Will it sound different?

Comes in 3 peices? How does that work? Every other exhaust comes in 1 piece...

Adjustable tips? Will they vibrate loose with time? Will they be needing adjustment when the carcover gets caught on them or after a trip on a bumby road or even if you bump into them?

All these extra pieces and adjustability are bound to weigh more?

From what I understand the fitment issues were a minority and not the rule with the original Tubi.

i would worry about some punk kid stealing the tips! they already have most of the removable pieces from my 1988 landcruiser. i hope the adjustable tips are not easily removable!
:confused:

I talked to Lou at Tubi style today, he said they are NOT in yet and they are not expecting them in until Late January or early February.
Frank is going to call me on Friday after he talks to the factory, I should have more news for some of you at the JGTC this weekend.
See you there.

Hi guys,

I was wondering what exhaust tips everyone chose? I'm not sure if I should order the street tips or competition tips. Does anyone have side by side pics?
I have attached a pic of some competition tips being made for the group buy. :smile:
tubicompetition.jpg

-Tony

Is the 5th considered LATE January? :biggrin: Any factory updates? :confused: Thanks

coolnsx said:
Is the 5th considered LATE January? :biggrin: Any factory updates? :confused: Thanks

I spoke with them yesterday and they are still on track for mid February delivery.
-Tony

AutoVation said:
I was wondering what exhaust tips everyone chose? I'm not sure if I should order the street tips or competition tips.

I thought there was only one style. We can choose different styles of tips?!? :confused:

-- Joe

Anyone know if we are good to go for late January/early February/late 2006? :biggrin:

Back