• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Type R bar bangs w/sway bar

I can't believe how long this thread has gotten! Mitch, you should have just given me a call! I'm using the Dali Street/Race swaybars (0.875"OD). I have them set to full soft in the rear and the mid position in the front. They install with no modifications. I'm using a Tein RA coilovers as well and this combo yields lateral cornering forces in excess of 1g.

Meeyatch1 said:
Your car is a 1994, correct? So you have both of the Type-R parts for the front with NO fitment issues? Straight bolt on?

Yes no mod. :) I'll try posting some pic tonight.

As noted you are not using the stock layout when it comes to the true Type R sway bars or the Zanardi bars. Both of these front sway bars are shaped differently to get rid of the problem the stock front bar shape gives. If you use one of the aftermarket bars out there which mimic the same shape of the old bars, then you will have a fitment problem which my kit will resolve. Lowering the car does make the problem more pronounced than stock height.

What Al said is correct.

But ......... I am still befuddled as to why someone would go with the Zanardi or Type R sway bars when they can have a more flexible and adjustable sway bars for further fine tuning. If one possesses the skills of driving and telling the differences of what the Type R brace will or will not do with Zanardi or the Type R sway bars over the stock OEM, then surely one would opt for more tuning options with adjustable sway bars especially given Al's kit. YMMV.

I agree with Hrant on this. What he failed to mention was how this applied to him recently when he upgraded to type R tires from the stock OEM tires he used to run at the track. Before the tire change his car was very well balanced and showed little tendancy to oversteer. Once on the type R tires he quickly noticed that the car tendended to oversteer very easily and it was a little disconcerting to try and run fast with this situation. A quick change in the pits to the softer setting on the rear sway bar and the car's handling was transformed. It became much more nuetral and allowed for a greater degree of driver control during cornering. Speed and driver confindence increased very quickly. The adjustability is well worth having since all cars are different and all drivers drive their cars differently.

Hey Guys,

Justed wanted to let you know I just got done with an install of the NSX-R stiffeners with the NSX-R front sway in a 1997 with Bilsteins and Eibach springs. I raised the suspension as far as the shocks would compress and there is no interference with any components. It all went in like it was made to:).

I still think it is odd you need to remove the tie down plate on one side for the cross bar to fit, but whatever!! I did remove the radiator just for convenience and it was worth it IMO, made it way easy. I could actually sit in the front bay and assemble everything:).

Thanks for all the contribution here, I knew what I was in for before I started.

Regards,
LarryB

Larry Bastanza said:
I still think it is odd you need to remove the tie down plate on one side for the cross bar to fit, but whatever!!

I think NA2 TYpe-R does not have the tie-down for weight reduction and also that it's useless since it has the undertray.

Hi Akio,

That makes sense, but if so, then you would need to add a spacer to install the bar:)!!

Regards,
LarryB

Installed my type-r reenforcement bar and type-r front sway bar....no problems. Fairly simple install, everything bolted right up. I did drop the battery tray down, but I can't imagine having not to. (I just loosened all the bolts, and removed the front ones so it was able to flex enough to get the bar in/out)

Back