• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ultimate tune-up tip

I have not driven my car for 3 months due to an electrical gremlin. Finally took the car in to be checked out and fixed, the mechanic also replaced the muffler bearing and i can't believe how much the car came alive - feels like 30 horsepower or so:biggrin:

I highly recommend you have your muffler bearing replaced.

muffler bearings??? That near the blinker fluid reservoir?

Replacement muffler bearings are useless without also replacing the lower hub nut shim bar support bracket assembly repair kit -- especially those with Johnson rods.

I got 50 hp after replacing mine. What a difference!!! Only cost me $10.00 at Kragen for a new one.

muffler_bearings.jpg

Last edited:
I've always gone the tried and true way of gaining horsepower with very little work. I put a TypeR sticker on my car. I swear I got 20hp. Y'all should try it.

Let me drive your NSX's and those cars will have extra 20hp right there ... give it to Stuntman (Billy) and ANY NSX gets like 50whp extra! :biggrin:

No one used the turbo encapulator for their cars yet?

No, I did but I haven't had good experiences from it. It allowed quicker spooling but then formed a leak that I just can't seem to fix. I did try the afore mentioned spanner wrench but the spanner bolt looks reem-threaded. :(

Tapaderp

Back