• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ultra rare 2000 Coupe in the For Sale section JH4NA2130YT000127

I would love to hear some of your thoughts on why this is the case.
Is it that despite the large difference in raw power you aren't actually utilizing the power difference that often? ie. Even though the 458 has 560HP, in most instances you are only utilizing 300HP whereas with the NSX you are utilizing 100% of its 290HP?
Is it the lack of electronics getting in the way of the driving experience?
Or is it something that is communicated straight from your butt in the seat and unable to put in to words on the forum?

I would guess it is driving experience. All these computer controlled cars are cool but it forces a disconnect in my opinion..

This car is a true gem. I had the opportunity to see it as well as the seller's thousands of NSX toys. I believe he misrepresented by being too modest. This coupe is absolutely beautiful and is next to being flawless. The seller really took care of his toys, I mean all of his toys. This is a must have if one needs a NA2 coupe. I am the proud owner of his original wheels for this car.

he's done a really good job of documenting his NSX collection as well. This car better go to a good home.

I almost bought this car in 2008 when i inquired with the owner as he wasn't selling it at the time. Then I found my pristine 15K mile one owner '92 red/black and after much thought, couldn't justify paying nearly twice for it over my '92 so I passed. Still a very rare car though.

Nice car! Now it's officially confirmed that I got an extra sweet deal on my 2000!

I would love to hear some of your thoughts on why this is the case.
Is it that despite the large difference in raw power you aren't actually utilizing the power difference that often? ie. Even though the 458 has 560HP, in most instances you are only utilizing 300HP whereas with the NSX you are utilizing 100% of its 290HP?
Is it the lack of electronics getting in the way of the driving experience?
Or is it something that is communicated straight from your butt in the seat and unable to put in to words on the forum?

NSX is simply a smaller and more responsive package. There is a direct relationship between input and reaction that is so very different from the 458. Sure, 458 is a fantastic package, but I feel like I am driving the NSX, while the robotic 458 seems to be driving me. Also hate the F1 Transmission in comparison to having three pedals. Is the 458 really worth the price of 5 NSX Coupes? I think not!

Plus, with the addition of the lovely SOS Supercharger on the NSX, the tables have shifted even further...all for the price of a few bits of carbon fiber on the interior of the 458 (my carbon package was nearly $12k). Really makes a guy wonder...

Back