• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

vacation for 1

would any of you guy's on here consider going on a vacation on your own?
i'm stressed out and i need a break really bad,but having just broken up with my girlfriend and all my mates being married my options are not exactly very long.
has anybody here gone on their own and what was your experiance like? i'm slightly hard of hearing and it is sometimes difficult for me in one-on-one situations,so i really dont know if i could go on my own :frown:

Club Med in Jamaica or Wind jammer cruises. Great for singles and plenty of fun :wink:

Sure! I took three weeks for myself and went to the most out of the way places I could find in Indonesia. It was great. I could do what I wanted to, go where I wanted to go, and meet people that I would never have had to have an opportunity to meet.

Go for it.

Do it. Im single and I go all over the country alone for business and for pleasure.

I went Snowboarding in Oregeon for a week by myself just to relax and get away from it all. No complaints here. :biggrin:

Ed

i'm toying with the idea of a fortnight on Koh Samui in Thailand.Just kick back and relax by the pool/beach and down a few beers in the nights(i don't usually drink,so a few beers would be enough :biggrin: )
i'm looking at a very good site now www.sawadee.com and the prices per room/ per night for some of the hotels seem really good.

jaytip nsx said:
i'm stressed out and i need a break really bad,but having just broken up with my girlfriend and all my mates being married my options are not exactly very long.
has anybody here gone on their own and what was your experiance like? i'm slightly hard of hearing and it is sometimes difficult for me in one-on-one situations,so i really dont know if i could go on my own :frown:

I used to take a LOT of vacations where it was just me, and my car. I would just hop into my NSX and drive someplace, and keep driving. Eventually I would see someplace that looked cool at which point I would stop. I actually liked it better that way. Not that I do not love having people with me, but something about being alone with yourself and your car is therapeutic. :)

Meeyatch1 said:
I used to take a LOT of vacations where it was just me, and my car. I would just hop into my NSX and drive someplace, and keep driving. Eventually I would see someplace that looked cool at which point I would stop. I actually liked it better that way. Not that I do not love having people with me, but something about being alone with yourself and your car is therapeutic. :)

while that would be nice,my car is in storage at the moment and needs a little bit of work done to it.
I'm talking of getting on a plane and heading for the sun within the next 4-6 weeks.
Plus i always get tired when driving distances on my own :confused:

synergy004 said:
hell, I need one too. 84 hours a week as the boss is fustrating at times.

You only work 84 hours per week? Wussy!!! :biggrin:

Go on, take the vacation, you may meet the replacement for your girlfriend.

Absolutely! I make it a point to do this for at least one week a year - it keeps me sane.

A couple of my UK friends got round trip tickets to Vail for a week for L179 roun trip. If you are looking for somewhere tropical, the Bahamas are great, so is Greece!

jaytip nsx said:
i'm toying with the idea of a fortnight on Koh Samui in Thailand.Just kick back and relax by the pool/beach and down a few beers in the nights(i don't usually drink,so a few beers would be enough :biggrin: )
i'm looking at a very good site now www.sawadee.com and the prices per room/ per night for some of the hotels seem really good.

If your in Wales... I can understand why you want to jump on a plane to the sun somewhere!!!

I think Koh Samui is an excellent choice!... If there is one place you actually WANT to holiday by yourself it would have to be Thailand!

The people are so friendly and the place is just so picturesque... Hire a motorbike and go exploring or jump on a boat and go island hopping...

I'm there again in March...

jaytip nsx said:

I recommend Pattaya, fun times, as any service member who's been there will tell you. :wink:

Yeah, I was gonna recommend Thailand as well. I just got back and still wish I was there. Bangkok is paradise for anyone who is single... Koh Samui is a good place to relax. Phuket is starting to return back to normal and you will hardly find a time where it will be cheaper to stay there.

As far as being single and going there by yourself, I usually go with a big group of friends. But this year I went 2 weeks ahead of my friends and really had the time of my life with all the people I met. It was really easy to network. I made some great friends and girlfriends there this year. I could easily go there by myself again. If you do decide to go there, PM me and I can help you get the scoop on places to go for whatever you're looking for...

synergy004 said:
lol, no gf just lots of friends.

I was talking about Jaytip Finding a new replacement for his GF. You are going to have yours ready to shoot me if I show up there...

We all have self-imposed boundaries, things we are afraid to do.....
Sometimes when we step outside of those boundaries, we truly begin to live.

synergy004 said:
hell, I need one too. 84 hours a week as the boss is fustrating at times.

You shouldn't count sleep time in there! :tongue:

You guys are really making me want to be single again. :frown: Jaytip, you can have my girlfriend and I will take your solo vacation!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

quickie...

jaytip nsx said:

hmmm... me two! :redface:

I'm in Greater London till May; I'd also like to have a little get-away... sooner preferable to later.

Keywords: sun, surf (water, not the activity), sand, hot (the climate & the femmes!), safe, fun, historical, Mediterrean! :cool:

Please offer any insights or past experiences...!

well folk's i've taken the plunge!!
i have booked two weeks in Koh Samui leaving on the 9th of the month.
i'm nervous and excited at the same time :confused:
having spoken to a few friends who have been there,they assure me that i will have a great time,so let's hope so.

I'm bringing this thread back to life for one reason,just to say that dicovering Thailand was the best thing i ever did.I met the most amazing woman out there,we ended up getting married and my beautifull little girl was born 3 weeks ago.
Just to avoid confusion though it was 5 trips later that i met my wife.:smile:

Attachments

• IMGP4419.JPG
    IMGP4419.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 51
Back