• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

vacation for 1

I'm bringing this thread back to life for one reason,just to say that dicovering Thailand was the best thing i ever did.I met the most amazing woman out there,we ended up getting married and my beautifull little girl was born 3 weeks ago.
Just to avoid confusion though it was 5 trips later that i met my wife.:smile:

That is so funny. I read your first few threads and then I looked at your last thread and thought WHAT??? Then I looked at the dates of the posts.

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Congradulations to you and your wife. What a wonderful thread. Really pleased to hear that your first trip was taken and that you ended up with such a wonderful ending.

Best,

Doug

That is so funny. I read your first few threads and then I looked at your last thread and thought WHAT??? Then I looked at the dates of the posts.

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Congradulations to you and your wife. What a wonderful thread. Really pleased to hear that your first trip was taken and that you ended up with such a wonderful ending.

Best,

Doug

haha yeah... I did not realize the date until this

NSXPO 2005 baby!!!! :D

Thailand without a doubt!

I was all over Thailand last year for two weeks and spent a few days on Koh Lanta at the Baan Lanta Resort. Check it out: http://www.baanlaantaresort.com/
Awesome accomodations, great food, superb service and a very nice bar (the bar owners are ex-pat Brits).

The sea view bungalows give you a nice view while you sit on the porch, but the poolside units are just as nice if you want to have a little more quiet.

If you get to Bangkok (which is a pretty long drive from the southern islands), go to Patpong (considering you are newly single :tongue: :tongue:)...I've heard it's an interesting place for single guys to visit.

Wow what a cool thread.
I need to plan out a vacation for myself!
I recommend Thailand to anyone.The country is beautifull and the people are wonderfull.I will probably end up retiring there.Below is the love of my life,and had i never plucked up the courage for that first vacation i never would have met and married her.

Attachments

• IMGP2847.JPG
    IMGP2847.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 72
I think some travel agencies have group tours/trips that anyone can join. If you don't want to travel alone, but can't find people to go with you, look into this.

congratulations

I'm a little crazy but I'd go on a long motorcycle ride to somewhere I'd never been. I think Alaska is next, of course weather plays a small role.

I'd buy a ticket to a grand prix race or the like myself.

Las Vegas!!!

geez i wonder why you went back for 5 trips:wink: you sly dog

but seeing the dates, i guess im too late with smartass

when you need another vacation from your wife. i hear the united states marines offer a great vacation plan in the exotic iraq, cant beat the value!

i'd go in a second. last summer, i did 5 months backpacking through china, vietnam, cambodia, laos, and thailand...alone. the alone part lasted about 5 hours. stay at the hostels and you'd run into some cool people that you can tag along with. it's quite an experience. i get goose bumps thinking about it. this summer...i'm trying to get into a biotech internship at roche or UCSC, but i don't, i'm packing my bags and doing 3 months in south america...alone. seriously though, the alone part will not last long. whilst travelling, people are more open than they are here in america. i love travelling!

I took a week to myself in the NSX last year -- needed to get out of S. Florida, wanted an NSX adventure, and got to spend a little time being introspective about career, life, next steps etc.

It wasn't a stellar exciting vacation, but was a fun change of pace and was therapeutic. Would do it again tomorrow if my car wasn't 3000 miles away. :frown:

I took a week to myself in the NSX last year -- needed to get out of S. Florida, wanted an NSX adventure, and got to spend a little time being introspective about career, life, next steps etc.

It wasn't a stellar exciting vacation, but was a fun change of pace and was therapeutic. Would do it again tomorrow if my car wasn't 3000 miles away. :frown:

I would like to just drive my car 10 miles but it is 5 degrees here and a foot of snow:frown:

Well after the fact, but I hear this place is nice for single males...

www.resortsinsation.com

NSFW :D

Later that night, you can decide whether you would like to keep the same company, or choose a different hostess for the evening, for you can use the services of as many ladies as you like throughout your stay. From start to finish we believe in having our clients every whim catered to, and we will bend over backwards to meet any desire.

Bend over backwards? Does that cost extra?

This looks like a sweet package.

PLATINUM PLUS PACKAGE $5,900
The company of a companion for 4 days/3 nights with 2 girls for the first night!!

Back