• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

VIDEO: 2005 Taillights. Do you know what is going on here?

Guys can someone tell me what is going on with my taillight center section? It seems loose. But I have checked all the nuts on the studs in the trunk and they are tight. So what is going on? what is broken here?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IREMyqorYjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Take it apart and use some poxy glue from auto parts store that will fix the problem. Alot of guys over tighten the bolts that holds the taillight and end up damaging the studs that goes on the light. sometime its fixable something its not. Hope you be able to fix it. GL :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Take it off 4 bolts. get some poxy glue from auto part store. Glue the studs back in place let it sit for about 30-1 hour. reinstall it back on the car just shug tight the bolts it doesn't need alot to hold that center piece.

- - - Updated - - -

just hope they didnt damage it where the plastic surrounding is completely broken off because if it is it might not be fixable :frown:.

Glue where? You mean take it apart?

OK but I didn't notice anything odd when I was putting it in. Maybe I didn't pay attention

Top 2 bolts came detached from the plastic. JB Weld should do the trick. If you can't find that make sure you use something strong else you will only have a temporary fix.

OK but I didn't notice anything odd when I was putting it in. Maybe I didn't pay attention

Only way to find out is take the center tail pieces off the car and check all the tabs.

- - - Updated - - -

UNLESS, you did something to it and trying to see if we can figure what it is? :tongue:

Last edited:
LOL.... yeah it flips down and a machine gun comes out 007 style

I'd be very careful, if it's moving the way that it is there's a good chance all 4 studs are stripped/loose and that thing is ready to let loose and fly away. Not a super expensive piece to replace, but can easily scratch your back bumper up while it's enroute.

The center tail has 4 studs that come out of it... very poor design. They are metal/aluminum and attach into plastic on the taillight. Best way is to remove it as others have mentioned, you may need a socket and also vice grips to remove the studs that are still attached into the car. Then scuff the plastic good, and use jb weld. Just be careful when reinstalling, it can strip back out as easily as it did the first time.

Ok thanks for the help guys. Will try some JB weld on it or just buy a new one. The Acura dealer replaced my tails under warranty and I think they damaged the center.

Ok thanks for the help guys. Will try some JB weld on it or just buy a new one. The Acura dealer replaced my tails under warranty and I think they damaged the center.

If they replaced it is there any way to take it back to them and ask them to replace it?

Also you may already know this but make sure you clean and scuff the plastic real good so it has a good bonding surface to bond too. It doesn't hurt to take a piece of sand paper to the studs as well in certain areas.

I got dibs on your old one if you end up replacing it!

If you need help replacing it, lemme know...

Back