• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Visited MACS this morning

I went to MACS in Tokyo this morning and took a few pics. Unfortunately no Type R but 2 Type S and a few nice NSXs..........

MACS
IMG_2737.jpg

The first lime green NSX and Type S I have seen.....
IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2726.jpg

This one was my favorite
IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg

Interesting interior

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

a LHD NSX
IMG_2719.jpg

Very nice! Yeah, the lime green type s is the first thing my eyes gravitated to.

Thanks for sharing.

I forgot to mention that I saw some book on Ayrton Senna in the store and I asked the MACS guy how much for it but he said I could have it as a gift......cool.....I havent opened it yet to see what it is.

Nice photos. Thanks.

omg! thanks for the pics! amazing.....

For shame...that's Shigeru Urehara. :wink: The father of the NSX and S2k.

My favorite piece of NSX memorabila... Signed by the godfather of the NSX and S2000.:biggrin:

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 82
Is it me or does this NSX have three antannaes?

IMG_2729.jpg

Thats usually where the cell phone antenna is built into the car. Thats how it was on my 91. Not sure if Type-S NSX's have a built in cell phone? :confused:

I'm not really a fan of red or carbon fiber inserts, but this looks bad ass to me for some reason.

IMG_2710.jpg

For shame...that's Shigeru Urehara. :wink: The father of the NSX and S2k.
Correct. The owner at Macs told me that Urehara lives around the corner and occasionally walks by but doesn't come in. He'll just press his hands and face against the glass from the outside, and just look at the inventory...from the outside! I guess for this car he came in and signed it, wow.

That is so typical of the Japanese culture. Such awesome ppl. Similar story when I went to Nissan's headquarters in Ginza, Tokyo.

I forgot to mention that I saw some book on Ayrton Senna in the store and I asked the MACS guy how much for it but he said I could have it as a gift......cool.....I havent opened it yet to see what it is.

wheelio'dealio?

Any idea what steering-wheel this may be (def' not a JDM Type-S 'wheel or Momo Tuner 350 of '02+ NSX-R fame)...

IMG_2725.jpg

Me, likes, a lot... :redface:

Last edited:
Re: me, wants, now...

Anyone aware of any nearly-identical or similarly-styled steering-wheels?

Thanks, in-advance; also, all-apologies for going somewhat off-topic! :D

Looks pretty close to my MR2 old momo steering. Close but I don't think the same, especially the perforated section of the steering wheel. Can't recalled the series, can check it out if you want.

I see 4 ant.
Two where my cell phone one is, like a twin, would that be for tv maybe?
then two on the rear fender.
Trev

Re: me, wants, now...

Anyone aware of any nearly-identical or similarly-styled steering-wheels?

Thanks, in-advance; also, all-apologies for going somewhat off-topic! :D

Mugen is a nice feeling wheel to the hands. In that pic from macs the center pad has been removed ,I keep mine on.I can see why they would remove it though the leatherete has pulled away from the back and kinda looks sloppy on close inspection.

Attachments

• mugen wheel 1.jpg
    mugen wheel 1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 350
  • mugen wheel 2.jpg
    mugen wheel 2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Where is MACS located? LOL i live in Japan and i dont know where it is. I got to drive my car around this weekend and it felt great.

Back