• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Walbro and CTSC

With out trying to make this too difficult. I would get fuel pressure reading @ Idle and under full boost. Change the fuel pump and remove the voltage booster and check the same two fuel pressure readings. If they are close (give or take 2-4 psi) you should be fine. If they are both high or low just adjust the FMU adjusting screw to make them the same. Walbro makes alot of fuel pumps. The Walbro GSS342 is the one designed to supply the most fuel at a higher pressure and is realy the best one to run with the FMU (rising rate FPR). If someone would like the tech data I got from Walbro just send me an email ([email protected]) and I can forward it to you. Cheers, Shad

Walbro makes alot of fuel pumps. The Walbro GSS342 is the one designed to supply the most fuel at a higher pressure and is realy the best one to run with the FMU (rising rate FPR).

Shad -- Just a note... The GSS341 and 342 are the same internals - the only difference is the rotation of the head. The NSX uses the GSS341. GSS315 is the "standard pressure" 255 lph model.

The two different models with the fitting kit can be seen here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/Walbro/

take care,
-- Chris

has anybody put fuel pum on stock motor is that makes any difernse on i just waste my time to pu it on?

has anybody put fuel pump on stock motor is that makes any difference on i just waste my time to put it on?

It depends on how worn your original pump is....if it has lots of miles on it (+75,000 miles) then a new pump will make a good bit of difference. It would not be a waste all.

On a stock motor a new pump is the important thing, the effective difference between installing an OEM or Walbro is not.

Drew

If your car is aged you would be advised to install the new walbro, as for the voltage everyone is coming out with what I consider cheater units to bump up pressure all the time via the mentioned voltage route. I hear they work well but I question the integrity of the long haul,its not like your X is a beater. and the relay jumper thing we do is as good as any market unit in terms of what it does.

This is just a cheap mans way of approaching a fuel system designed to flow what you need for given mods. I am not against them if you cant afford to do it right its better then not attacking the problem. but my take is if you add a SC,N20,TURBO to your NA car do it right if you can swing it.
BTW Comptech should have addressed the fuel issue YEARS AGO! Their I said it. but its F-ING true.
I only have one real concern about the fuel pump voltage hack and all the Aftermarket units that do the same thing and that is the high pressure ALL the time and its effect on spray patterns ,I thing that needs to be looked into or watched for awhile.
Someday folks I believe have brains and are not follow the crowd sheep(you guys that I hold in my mind to a higher level of responsibilty for their cars) will lay back for a bit and let the morons do the field testing and I mean that in all seriousness. nitrous anyone?
best regards David

Back