• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Washing the car

Washing Car

• Yes I enjoy it

Votes: 48 70.6%
  • No I don't enjoy it

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I pay for detailing so this doesn't apply to me

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
Washing the car, it's a labor of love for some, but for myself it's torture and sucks. I absolutely hate washing my car. I mean after 8 years of ownership I've probably only washed her 10 times. Once it's done though I look and think "wow, it was kind of worth it" but I just hate doing it.

Anyone else feel this way?

Once a week minimum or every 3rd drive whichever comes first. Wax twice per season and stored from oct- April. (Canada boo.)

I have a black/black, so luckily they are such an easy car to wash cuz I wash at least once a week....don't mind washing it nearly as much as my other cars:redface:

I don't particularly enjoy the washing part, but I do enjoy driving a clean car, so I'll wash it (and my other car) at least once a week. At least it's a small car so it doesn't take too long. My neighbors think I'm crazy for washing all my cars all the time.

I had two kids five minutes apart exclaim to their parents, "Look dad (or mom), he's washing his car!!!" like I was pumping my own septic tank or something gross. Which isn't too surprising, since I've only seen one other person on my street who washes his own car.

I only enjoy washing it 1 in every 5 washes or so, what I do realize is that I drive it a lot more when it's dirty than when it's clean, it's like I don't want to ruin the shine if it's too clean. So for me, I wash it, then stare at it in the garage for about a week, then drive it, complain about it getting dirty and then I drive it a bunch before the next wash...

I'm with him^^^^^^

I daily drive mine so I need to wash it almost every week. I also use Zaino between washes to keep her lookin' purty!

blk/blk car + daily drive = wash every week = HATE HATE HATE washing the car. (but yes, LOVE driving clean... which lasts 1 day)

I have gone through MANY experimental wash processes... I think I'm set on the Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax product. It's great. A bucket with 2 gallons distilled water with a few ounces of the W&W solution in it, 10 microfiber towels soaking in the bucket... pull out 1 soaking towel and use it to clean 1 panel, discard that towel, dry that panel with a waffle weave... move onto the next panel. (I use 2 waffle weaves for the whole car)

This process can only be used on a lightly "dusty" car. If it's really dirty, I'll pull out the pressure washer with Torq foam cannon first, then rinse with the pressure washer... then perform this process above.

Last edited:
Washing the car, it's a labor of love for some, but for myself it's torture and sucks. I absolutely hate washing my car. I mean after 8 years of ownership I've probably only washed her 10 times. Once it's done though I look and think "wow, it was kind of worth it" but I just hate doing it.

Anyone else feel this way?

After 23 years with my black/black I'm feeling very much like you.
After it's done it's great but I'm surely getting a bit tired of it.
My next one will not be black :smile:

After 23 years with my black/black I'm feeling very much like you.
After it's done it's great but I'm surely getting a bit tired of it.
My next one will not be black :smile:

yep. my last one (sebring silver) was so easy to wash and dry without seeing every little streak and speck while drying it....nothing looks better then a clean black, but it only last a day or two...miss my silver one dearly when it comes to cleaning it and keeping it clean...

- - - Updated - - -

blk/blk car + daily drive = wash every week = HATE HATE HATE washing the car. (but yes, LOVE driving clean... which lasts 1 day)

I have gone through MANY experimental wash processes... I think I'm set on the Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax product. It's great. A bucket with 2 gallons distilled water with a few ounces of the W&W solution in it, 10 microfiber towels soaking in the bucket... pull out 1 soaking towel and use it to clean 1 panel, discard that towel, dry that panel with a waffle weave... move onto the next panel. (I use 2 waffle weaves for the whole car)

This process can only be used on a lightly "dusty" car. If it's really dirty, I'll pull out the pressure washer with Torq foam cannon first, then rinse with the pressure washer... then perform this process above.

dayumm...that seems like a lot of work once a week:eek: OCD like:tongue:

I don't mind washing my car. I sort of like therapy. I can go out and clean it and think or just forget things for a while. Plus it feels great to look at and drive a shiney car.

I enjoy washing it.... its the well let me do the wheels, oh now the tires, oh now the vacuum, now the leather, now the conditioner, now the dash dusting, then the motor compartment, then the trunk, then under the hood, then go over the paint again for any runs of water i missed with the leaf blower, then hey its clean let me throw a quick coat of wax....

a 20 minute car was is usually a 4 hour minimum process if i didnt have other plans.

Reference time lapse.... This was just after i washed it, concours day i waxed it too.... you see me cleaning almost the entire video

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zcFecFnc4ag" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Last edited:
A
I enjoy washing it.... its the well let me do the wheels, oh now the tires, oh now the vacuum, now the leather, now the conditioner, now the dash dusting, then the motor compartment, then the trunk, then under the hood, then go over the paint again for any runs of water i missed with the leaf blower, then hey its clean let me throw a quick coat of wax....

a 20 minute car was is usually a 4 hour minimum process if i didnt have other plans.

Reference time lapse.... This was just after i washed it, concours day i waxed it too.... you see me cleaning almost the entire video

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zcFecFnc4ag" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

And you didn't even drive the car down to NSXPO, it was in an enclosed trailer!!!!

I dont mind washing the car most of the time but there are those days Im not happy about doing it all. One of the main reasons would be its just to damn hot outside.

I love washing my car. It's my therapy. I usually try to wash the car whenever I get back from a drive this way, she is nice and clean for the next drive. Whenever I can't sleep I go in the garage and put a coat of wax on.
When it comes to my daily driver and my wife's car, those usually get the quick wash !

dayumm...that seems like a lot of work once a week:eek: OCD like:tongue:

Actually the optimum no rinse wash and wax process takes like 15 minutes for the whole car, it's sweet! If I pull into the driveway and notice the car is getting a bit dusty, I'll grab the bucket with 2gal water w/ 4oz W&W solution in it, and with 10 microfibers soaking in it, and give the car a wipe-down, that's it... no hose, no suds. (1 drenched microfiber per panel... wash/dry 1 panel at a time)
This product literally eliminates the lengthy wash process that we're all used to!

I like to wash my cars but not when it's hot. Right now, that's about all the time. I got my Crosstour washed this evening but my NSX and S2000 are in need, still. At least they are in the garage, unlike the Crosstour.

Back