• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Water Wetter vs Royal Purple Ice

Need to decide between the two and best application strategy.

I know they are both good, but I have heard that WW causes brown stuff in your coolant and that just doesn't sound good. If Royal Purple is just as effective without that sideeffect, seems like a no brainer..

Also - 50/50 is the universal coolant and will protect to virtually near absolute zero (not really, but you get my point). However, it seems to me that a 60/40 solution upto a 70/30 for areas like Seattle where it does get a few degrees under 30F... but not by much, should be ok. I've also heard - and tested (not on tthe NSX..)- that because the coolant is under pressure, running straight watter will not freeze even a few degrees under 30F.

Water is after all, a much better heat transfer property than glycol.
Lastly - anyone try RMI-25 as a cleaner in their NSX?

Thoughts appreciated.

Water-wetter has always worked great for me. Some consider it the 'standard'.

I've had terrible luck with Purple Ice. I had great luck with their oils, but no-no-bueno on their coolant additive (well, radiator water additive).

"The Purple ice made a residue on everything including the paint and it wouldnt come off. Also it eats the aluminum in the radiators."

-From the crew chief on a race team that used it that I drove for.

Has anyone experienced "gunk" in their coolant tank after putting in Water Wetter in the NSX? I know this has happened on the S2000.. and some other cars.

My brother did a coolant change on hs E36 M3 and now there is what appears to be "oil/brown slimy gunk" in the coolant tank. We can't figure out if it's a headgasket ir if it's the consequence of water wetter. Car was never over-heated etc...

In any case, if it is Watter Wetter and it happens on the NSX too, I'm not putting that stuff in there.

PS: Anyone ever try a product called RMI-25? It's old, and supposedly works well with Alluminum. I haven't heard anything bad about it.. but also no one used it on the NSX..

Ive seen that happen on a Bimmer before -for that particular car it was the head gasket. Have him do a leakdown test.

I've never had that problem with water wetter. Make sure to always use distilled water. If you don't using water wetter + non-distilled water will show more gunk and deposits than if you used distilled water.

Ive never had a problem with WW in everything from gokarts->formula cars->sports cars and street cars.

Back