• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

waterless car wash?

Ive been caught by Mother Winter with a filthy car that is stuck in the garage.

It is now too cold to wash the car and I have to get its cover on. How do I clean the car when I cannot move it out of the garage and I have no water axcess (hoses are frozen)?

Im not putting the cover on a dirty car, but I dont know how Im going to clean it.

TIA

Buckets and buckets of hot water....or.....find a hand car wash after the roads are clean and dry. I would just do the hot water from the house and then wash and what ever like you usuallly do.

I used a dry wash product given to me by Larry B that worked great, even on my track rat. Unfortunately, I am out of it and can't remember the name and Larry is in Japan at the moment. Maybe someone will read this and have the name handy because it was amazing on a filthy car and no water was needed.

It came in a pump bottle that looked like this:
230936569-L.jpg

That looks similar to what's being sold here:
http://www.waterless-wash.com/info.htm

Worth a try I guess!

I used a dry wash product given to me by Larry B that worked great, even on my track rat. Unfortunately, I am out of it and can't remember the name and Larry is in Japan at the moment. Maybe someone will read this and have the name handy because it was amazing on a filthy car and no water was needed.

It came in a pump bottle that looked like this:
230936569-L.jpg

Griots Speedshine works well for me.

Hand washing an NSX is Manditory once per month in cold and twice in warm with warm bucket. :biggrin:

Bob ,I think its called dry wash and guard.Key to it is to use lots of clean rags,but yes I have used it on my dirty car as well,black, and it does work.

Bob ,I think its called dry wash and guard.Key to it is to use lots of clean rags,but yes I have used it on my dirty car as well,black, and it does work.

Thanks for the memory refresh. After hanging around Peter and Larry B, I was having a senior moment and couldn't remember what it was. http://www.dri-wash.us/

That stuff made even my car look good. Now that Joe is repainting mine, I guess I will actually have to take the time to wash it regularly again.

It would seem to me that any type of waterless car wash would be no better than wiping the car down with a pine cone? How does the car not get scratched with out using water.

Maybe when Honda builds a new NSX they can also have some products to wash the car without water included with the purchase of a new NSX.

It would seem to me that any type of waterless car wash would be no better than wiping the car down with a pine cone? How does the car not get scratched with out using water.

I don't know how it works (but then again without Larry B's guidance I don't know anything other than how to drive the car and even that is debatable) but I can attest to it doing a great job with no scratches. As DocJohn indicated, just have plenty of clean towels and you will be impressed with the results. Even the jaded Northeasterners who have come to expect my track rat to show signs of heavy usage are amazed at the shine I can get out of this stuff.

Maybe when Honda builds a new NSX they can also have some products to wash the car without water included with the purchase of a new NSX.

lol.

keep rubbing in the dust, it will eventurally buff out all the imperfections in the clear coat. :biggrin:

i dont even touch my car unless i got a hose and bucket.... with that said, i havent washed my nsx in 7 month. i like it dirty. :tongue:

Back