• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What A Bunch Of Wussys At Sony!

I can not believe Sony caved in to what appears to be an act of cyber war and threats of physical terrorism ordered by that fat clown who runs N. Korea. I may never buy another Sony product again. They just invited isis, al quaeda and anyone else who doesn't like what we say or do, to threaten us with cyber attacks so we'll cave. Sony should just flood the market with the video or the theaters that would be willing to show it and I know I would go see it just to flip the bird at that fat "F***". Hell I'd buy one copy for me and a copy for someone to airdrop over N. Korea. Further, I find it hard to believe that they are better at cyber warfare than we are. If it is true that N. Korea did this we have to respond in a way that sends the message don't "F***" with us or you'll be sent back to an electronic or cyber stone age. As it stands right now N. Korea has won.

Please don't criticise Sony

Understand that is is a serious hack and the U.S. secret service is involved and is likely close to being able to pinpoint who is involved. There is much more going on behind the scenes then we know. Also. the movie could be released at a later date once the people behind the threat and attach are identified. The bad guys won the initial round here, but let's see what happens

I can not believe Sony caved in to what appears to be an act of cyber war and threats of physical terrorism ordered by that fat clown who runs N. Korea. I may never buy another Sony product again. They just invited isis, al quaeda and anyone else who doesn't like what we say or do, to threaten us with cyber attacks so we'll cave. Sony should just flood the market with the video or the theaters that would be willing to show it and I know I would go see it just to flip the bird at that fat "F***". Hell I'd buy one copy for me and a copy for someone to airdrop over N. Korea. Further, I find it hard to believe that they are better at cyber warfare than we are. If it is true that N. Korea did this we have to respond in a way that sends the message don't "F***" with us or you'll be sent back to an electronic or cyber stone age. As it stands right now N. Korea has won.

+1 Anytime you let someone/thing infringe on your right to free speech and freedom of expression you are lost! This isn't the first time US media has caved into threats. Anyone remember the "don't show Allah" threat.

Even had Sony not pulled it from the opening date, they would've lost huge amounts of money due to the public threat. My wife for one. We had plans on going open night but she quickly pulled the plug. :frown:

I don't go to the movies anymore anyway. 45min of f'ing commercials before the movie, $25 popcorn/soda, being around other people...

there must be something sony doesnt want out is why they caved like a little girl and that Amy Pacel needs to resign, she thinks she is royalty or something,

but for North Korea hackers to do this for a movie just shows you how brainwashed they are, but I guess having a handgun at your head daily will make you a better hacker I think.

I cant wait to watch the movie now even if I have to Join Pirate bay to download this one movie I will see this movie. and for all of our movie theaters to get scared and not want to play the movie is sad.

the movie should be shown at some driv-in theaters nothing to hack at those places.

Sony Exec's are Idiots but personally I am more interested in watching the movie now. They should just skip the theaters and charge a fee to stream it online.

it was a low budget production....

There could be other reasons Sony did what it did.

1) They wanted to absolve theater owners of the responsibility to decide whether to run the film, taking them out of the line of fire of consumers on both sides of the "show the film" or "don't show the film" argument. But I doubt it was because of that.

2) A more plausible reason is for self-preservation and risk aversion. Can you imagine the lawsuits against theater operators and Sony if they showed the film after a public, assumed-to-be-credible threat was carried out? Yeah, watch at your own risk, but you know how litigious people can be.

Netflix should pay to stream it

it was a low budget production....

I think it cost around $50mil to make. Not as much as an Ironman movie, but still a nice chunk of money.

Sony won't sell the movie to any online retailer. The hackers have Sony by the balls if they profit one dollar off of this film.

This has set a precedent that our freedom of speech can be infringed upon by a cyber-terrorist attack. N. Korea has made us their bitch.

Number 2) = BINGO. That's a good enough reason.
There could be other reasons Sony did what it did.

1) They wanted to absolve theater owners of the responsibility to decide whether to run the film, taking them out of the line of fire of consumers on both sides of the "show the film" or "don't show the film" argument. But I doubt it was because of that.

2) A more plausible reason is for self-preservation and risk aversion. Can you imagine the lawsuits against theater operators and Sony if they showed the film after a public, assumed-to-be-credible threat was carried out? Yeah, watch at your own risk, but you know how litigious people can be.

The other possibility is that the movie sucks and they are getting a better benefit out of not releasing it now to scathing reviews but at a later date releasing it after all this buzz and hype makes it the must see movie. Studios make the most money off of opening weekends and can easily make their money back on a critically panned movie in just 3 days.

Can you imagine if they ignored the threats and there was an attack, no matter how big or small it would be a nightmare for Sony to explain that one....they played it safe...it wasn't just them either, a bunch of theaters were refusing to show it...

We need to stomp out this weirdo in North Korea ASAP.

Funny how World War III might be started over some dumbass Seth Rogan movie...:redface:

Can you imagine if they ignored the threats and there was an attack, no matter how big or small it would be a nightmare for Sony to explain that one....they played it safe...it wasn't just them either, a bunch of theaters were refusing to show it...

We need to stomp out this weirdo in North Korea ASAP.

Funny how World War III might be started over some dumbass Seth Rogan movie...:redface:

That sounds like a script for a movie that should be sold to Sony.

Emmy material the movie is not (obviously) but it looked funny enough to see. I have my doubts about the hack coming from North Korea (maybe a proxy via China or India) but have no doubt that it was state sponsored. Either way, what a cowardly move by Sony that sets an incredible precedent for state sponsored hacks not just on govts but corporate entities.

Emmy material the movie is not (obviously) but it looked funny enough to see. I have my doubts about the hack coming from North Korea (maybe a proxy via China or India) but have no doubt that it was state sponsored. Either way, what a cowardly move by Sony that sets an incredible precedent for state sponsored hacks not just on govts but corporate entities.

China maybe since China is the main supporter of North Korea. I seriously doubt ANYONE from India would support one of China's allies in a cyber attack. There is just too much "bad blood" between India and China.

Paramount and Sony both. I can't believe they're letting North Korea push them around.
What a bunch of girls.

Or the US Government should turn it's head and let all US hackers have a nice big 'test lab' to practice on.

I suspect the reason why Sony is and will remain quiet (and not release anything) is because the hackers still have a lot of embarrassing info that can be released.

-J

why didn't that world police puppet movie piss them off enough to act..or maybe they didn't have the internet skilz at that time...

I suspect the reason why Sony is and will remain quiet (and not release anything) is because the hackers still have a lot of embarrassing info that can be released.

That and more than likely North Korea is still in their network.
Once a good hacker is in, it's almost impossible to get them out.
They can move from machine to machine, stay quite, use custom code that's undetectable.
I'm sure if North Korea is really behind it, they could put Sony out of business if they wanted to.

Back