• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What age did you get your NSX?

Lol, i dont think prices are gona drop any time soon. There was a black/red for sale, 70k miles for 48k. Would have loved to get that but got my blue a few months ago. after i crashed my 02, i thought be debt free and buy a 01 down but couldnt get away from the newer look/newer parts on the 02+. Its almost payed off. Only owe 16k, not bad for my age and a 60k car ;)

maybe for my 30th birthday, I'll get me one. lol. 6 more years :)

Bought my 91 roughly 8 months ago, a couple days before my 21st birthday. After building and selling a few cars, and investing what I earned over summer breaks from school I finally was able to pay for the nsx in full with cash. I figure it's best to 'invest' in what I enjoy for the time being, than to spend it all on alcohol like the most 98% of the college population.

i was 52.

it only took me 18 years from when they came out in 1990 to get it.it was worth the wait,and has exceeded my expectations.

i've always felt the title of these many, many.....many similar threads should be "who has paid off fully the nsx at the youngest age, while being fully independant of their parents"

Gotta feeling that might change a chunk of the respondents..

i've always felt the title of these many, many.....many similar threads should be "who has paid off fully the nsx at the youngest age, while being fully independant of their parents"

Sounds like someone is being sour. It's expect from you though. :rolleyes:

In all honesty I don't see anything wrong with people who want to take a loan out to get a car, as long as they are able to do so responsibly and are able to pay the bill. You also have to remember when they do that they really are purchasing the car for more money than if paid up front due to interest. The way I look at it that's like a penalty for being able to own the car before paying it off in full. Some people disagree and think that stupid such as yourself. Others may feel it's worth it. It's up to the person in question.

Last edited:
Bought mine at age 28. Spent previous years building other cars... Finally picked one to stick with. :tongue:

got my first at 33, 2nd at 35 and 3rd 6 months later at 35

and still have all of them! LOL

will never sell the 1992.
will sell the 2004 soon.
and am working on my 2002.
and am looking for another one to fix supersonics' old 2002

I agree. Year and milage would play a big part in this as well there is a big difference in price of a highmilage 91 and a lowmilage 02+.

gotta feeling that might change a chunk of the respondents..

+1.

I was only 43 :smile:

What happens is that some older folks like, ME, get sometimes sour when you see kids rolling awesome style, doing mods etc, while living @ parents, etc etc, while we pay 2-3K -a month- mortgages, + or - 1K child support -for the divorced one$$$- .. 2K bills every month on this that ... LOL leave alone keep the wives happy cost a lot a $$$$ LOL .. so, then you say, F***K I could have my NSX turbo, on advans full "moded" ... with a 360CS just hanging there parked in the garage -for the once in while drives- ... then you naturally get "sour" ... but I think "peiserg" was just f**k around

But is all fun in the end, I actually LOVE to see young kids with NSX's makes me proud to see people on low 20's driving this classics, means the NSX is really an amazing machine!!

Oscar

Bought at 55 and paid off at 60. The car is currently up for sale, but I will be buying another one in a year or so, that will make me 61 plus the next time around.

Jeez, I must be one of the oldest owners out there. :frown:

I got mine (all cash) as a 50th birthday gift to myself....Lic plate reads: ACUR450...."a cure for 50". There are numerous Corvettes, Boxters, Caymans, 911s, Merc AMGs, Nissans GTs, couple of Ferrari's, etc in my immediate area, but my NSX is the only one.

Just wondering the ballpark at what age people get their NSX. I just bought mine and I'm 23. Would of been a lot sooner but wanted to financially set myself up some more.

Dude, this is your first post? To say "hey look at me I am only 23 and have an NSX, would have been sooner even but I wanted to get myself setup first?"

What is the point of this thread?

I paid mine in full at the age of 25. Its amazing that these cars are some what touchable to own now. No way I could of ever bought one new. The young guys out there that bought one brand new at a young age impress me the most. Those guys must of worked extremely hard to get one.

Last edited:
I got mine when I was 17.

It used to be my dads back when i was in middle school. He sold it to his close friend at work. And his friend sold it back to me for cheap.

First Car Was a 1990 Porsche 928 GT. I picked up for like 13k Kept that a year and was able to sell it for 20k.

Bought the NSX for 28k back in 2006. It was a 95 with 40k miles. Every dime I made during highschool went to that car.

Dude, this is your first post? To say "hey look at me I am only 23 and have an NSX, would have been sooner even but I wanted to get myself setup first?"

What is the point of this thread?

+1 agreed.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Lol

In all honesty I don't see anything wrong with people who want to take a loan out to get a car, as long as they are able to do so responsibly and are able to pay the bill. You also have to remember when they do that they really are purchasing the car for more money than if paid up front due to interest. The way I look at it that's like a penalty for being able to own the car before paying it off in full. Some people disagree and think that stupid such as yourself. Others may feel it's worth it. It's up to the person in question.

Lol sounds like I have a reputation to keep up.

Sour? Hardly, holmes, hardly.

Could not care less if someone can buy one at 16 due to a.decent work ethic, or luck of the draw in the stock market, or lotto ticket. Just pointing out there are differences between pointing out to the world you "have" a car, versus having "earned" and/or paid for one while not parking it next to dads camry and moms audi.

And, fwiw...i borrowed money to pay for mine from honda. I don't think its stupid to borrow for a car... I think its stupid to live beyond your means, by borrowing for a pricey luxury item if you can't afford the roof over your head, for example

Last edited:
+1 agreed.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Didnt even notice it was his first post lol. Good call. Seriously OP, fail on introduction haha. That would be a post on a college car forum, like curious to know if anyone else here has an nsx ( which at college is unlikely). I saw a red at cal poly and ASSUMED he must be smart and hard working like me to get it. Turns out he was a prick and first thing out his mouth was ill race you in azusa canyon. A few weeks later i found out it was his dads.

Well I'm somewhere in my 30's and I still can't say that I "get" my NSX; it still befuddles me all the time with it being so moody and tempermental and all.

I got mine one year after graduation/ start working. My very first car that I own. I was about 25 year old.

This is how it looked when I got it minus the type-r wing.

5772nsxfront.jpg

Last edited:
Bought first one at 40, bought second one at 46, finally sold first one....:cool:

Back