• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are the NSX's handling shortcomings?

I question this. With a stiffer set up you could expect more deflection in the chassis and therefore you would feel more flex, not less. This is one of the reasons that convertibles are often tuned with a softer set up so as to help mask the reduction in chassis rigidity.

Even though the chassis of NSX is compromised with T model, it does not means the chassis is as soft as wet noodles.

In fact, I remembered reading a publication about 10 years ago mentioning the NSX-T chassis is stiffer than the F355 Coupe.

Well, don't know how to explain to you; therefore, if you're ever in S Cal, contact me, I'll give you a ride in my car.

I question this. With a stiffer set up you could expect more deflection in the chassis and therefore you would feel more flex, not less. This is one of the reasons that convertibles are often tuned with a softer set up so as to help mask the reduction in chassis rigidity.

You're right. With a softer suspension most of the absorbtion is done by suspension itself. If you have a stiffer setup, for example a 100% stiff setup, the chassis itself will be a (equal with 100%) part of the whole suspension setup. The stiffer the setup the more more flex will occur in the chassis itself.

I just wanted to add that one thing that gets overlooked very often is a lot of tuning by the manufacturer is done using calculations of sprung and unsprung weight. When you change either of these weights by changing the car's weight, wheels, rotors and cailpers, even the strut body itself, you are changing suspension behavior.

Back