• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are the things above the windows???

Hi,

I've tried to search, I've asked on a FB honda group, it brought up even more questions because there were so many different theories.

What are these parts above the windows for?
What are they called?
Are they needed?
Is it flat / normal if you pulled it off?

Thank you.

104125409_10158569956121812_3450569664429814340_o.jpg

Pretty sure those lock the window during high speed or buffeting winds. Glass will pull away from the body at high speed...

Pretty sure those lock the window during high speed or buffeting winds. Glass will pull away from the body at high speed...

Yes that's what they are.

anyone know where replacements could be bought? i still have mine but have heard of other NSX owners losing them somewhere while driving

I would be hard pressed to believe any owner who told me that they lost theirs under normal driving conditions. I don't think the window would be pulled away from the body with such force that it would shear the window guide off. Only other thing I can think of is that it if you hit something in the right spot it could snap it off but I would expect damage to the upper window trim as well. The window guides are actually screwed into the A Pillar/Roof underneath the black trim piece.

In the first picture in this post: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-Type-S-Zero?p=2007200&viewfull=1#post2007200 you can see the screw hole without the plastic guide is where the window guide is screwed in.

P/N for the guide (coupe): 72430-SL0-003
P/N for the guide bolt (coupe): 90130-SL0-003

P/N for the guide (targa): 72430-SL0-T00
P/N for the guide screw (targa): 90128-SL0-003

The guide for the coupe is showing discontinued in the US so you'd need to use Marc, Christian, or Amayama, or a US junkyard

Last edited:
Looking at the comment history of [MENTION=35512]be.claire[/MENTION], appears to be a good context aware bot. EDIT: Looks like the Mods think so too

Meanwhile...

The frameless windows is what necissates those locks against the body. Typically frameless is the mark of a more expensive vehicle or those models with convertibles.

However, I've had cars without the locks and the windows would pull away from the body about an inch (25mm) at high speed and that was always pretty scary.

Last edited:
Back