• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what are tire options for 94 16/17 wheels

I need tire options for my 94 16/17 wheels. Looking for a tire that will be used year around in the midwest, mainly for spirited touring and occasional tracking. Would also like rear tire longevity, (10000mi. or better) if that is even possible. I've been running on Toyo T1r, which last about 14000 mi., for the last 30000 mi. and found them to be very predictable for my kind of driving. Unfortunately, they don't make it in 17 in. anymore. I sure would appreciate any suggestions on this, as my rears are toast and spring is coming. It seems Manufactures will make the tire I could use in one size but not the other. Thanks

The OEM Bridgestone RE010 is still available - I personally have not driven a stock or lightly modded NSX on OEM wheels with other types of tires that are as nice to drive. We are very fortunate to have a tire available designed and built specifically for our car and I'm hoping that if people keep buying them Bridgestone will keep making them.

Some of us are using Yokohama S-Drive tires in 245/40-17" for the rear @ $116.20 /ea. and 215/40-16" for the front @ $105.20 (pricing reference from TireRack). The fronts successfully substitute for the stock 215/45-16 size and S-Drives will provide all the driving experience you seek + at much better tire life! Check out the TireRack website and directly compare both brands - especially the UTQG wear ratings! The tires are performance rated equivalent or better than the Bridgestones in most all categories and the minor difference in front tire O.A. Diameter and Tire Rotations / Mile are 22.7" vs. 23.5" stock and 916 rpm vs. 900 rpm stock (less than 1.8% difference). Not much other choices out there for us. I sincerely hope this helps you. - Wesspry

Thanks for the input. This sounds like a good alternative. Let me do some research. Anybody else with thoughts on this subject feel free to advise. Thank you

It's always been my understanding that the RE760 are a better alternative to the s.drive. I personally stick with the higher performance tires like the Dunlop z2. In those sizes if probably be tempted to get the R-S3v2 or Ecsta XS. I made a list of options for various sizes that you may find helpful. If you find info in it that is outdated I'd like to know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...kgjBTQ3nYpD-zKhiYwC-4nc/edit?usp=docslist_api

The OEM RE 010 is available in the correct sizes; but, the price is definitely high. I have been running the RE760 for 1 year now. I had to downsize to 205 in the front because 215 is not available. A really quiet tire on pavement, very good tread wear rating and predictable in spirited, non-track driving. You could use it on the track; but, you are going to give up a lot to the guys running R or extreme performance tires, or end up in the infield if you try to keep up with those guys. For track use check out the gummies in jwmelvin's list.

tire options

I ended up getting the RE760. I am in the process of learning these tires. So far so good on the highway and around town. We will track test this summer.

Uh oh.... Tire rack doesn't show anything in stock for OEM sizes....

Uh oh.... Tire rack doesn't show anything in stock for OEM sizes....

put in the front and rear sizes in separately. This is a tip I learned from nsxtasy. Sometimes fronts and rears of the same tire have different speed ratings for the different sizes,if you try to search for them both at once, they won't come up.
there are still not a lot,but there are a few. This is one reason I went to 17/18's- a gamble that tires would be more available for them in the future,as tires continue to get bigger. There aren't many more available in the 17/18 sizes, but there are a few more choices.

Last edited:
put in the front and rear sizes in separately. This is a tip I learned from nsxtasy. Sometimes fronts and rears of the same tire have different speed ratings for the different sizes,if you try to search for them both at once, they won't come up.
there are still not a lot,but there are a few. This is one reason I went to 17/18's- a gamble that tires would be more available for them in the future,as tires continue to get bigger. There aren't many more available in the 17/18 sizes, but there are a few more choices.

thanks for the tip! looks like for they no longer stock the RE010 fronts in OEM 16/17 :( hopefully thats just their inventory and not Bridgestone discontinuing them...

Do you guys get Yokohama AD08R's?

They're a street/track tyre, and not designed for cold weather or standing water, but in the right climate / use profile they're very good.

I've been using the BF Goodrich Sport Comp-2 for just over a year now. About 8k miles on them, and no complaints so far. But this reminds me that I should probably check the wear soon.

the bfg rivals or the new potenza re-71r are the bets all-out summer tires. for the potenzas you'll need to go 205/45/16 in the front.

Last edited:
If you like rear tire longevity, BS Potenza RE760 will last you long time. I had three sets of RE760 on my several cars. However, the RE760 is not a great track tires. Depends on your speed and driving skills, I found them ok at the track but the dry grip is not good enough for track and especially on the NSX. They are great for city and highway driving.
The other small problem of the RE760 is they like to drive into the groove on the freeway. Sometimes, I have to adjust the steering wheel to get myself out. But this was on my Subaru not the NSX.

I had experienced S.drive on my previous NSX, I like the RE760 better because I think the S.drive has less grip and softer sidewall.

You know what size to get and it has been discussed many times.

Last edited:
The OEM Bridgestone RE010 is still available - I personally have not driven a stock or lightly modded NSX on OEM wheels with other types of tires that are as nice to drive. We are very fortunate to have a tire available designed and built specifically for our car and I'm hoping that if people keep buying them Bridgestone will keep making them.

+1
The OEM Bridgestones handling and feel are incredible

Back