• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are your top 5 mods?

Momo Steering wheel....down side surely is that you have lost the air bag?

Yeah.... LOL....

But I rarely street drive and have a harness bar, harness, seat, and probably a rollbar soon. It's just that the steering ratio changed, became sharper, and the loss of pounds of dead weight brought steering feel to life. And that is one of the most important things in any car. I didn't even expect it. All these mods I see that make the wheel look better with carbon and D shapes... still carry the heavy weight. Besides.... aren't Takatas exploding in people's faces? :)

Last edited:
Momo Steering wheel....down side surely is that you have lost the air bag?

Loosing the air bag in the NSX is not really a downside. In the early 2000's there was an independent study of air bag systems that determined these first generation systems were slightly more likely to kill you than to save your life. The air bag is an explosive device located right next to your face and hands that is powerful enough to slice off your finger if your hand happens to be in the wrong place when it ignites. Since the majority of accidents where an airbag deploys are not life threatening, the air bag is far more likely to injure you than save your life. Newer "smart" air bag systems are far better, but this does not include the NSX first generation system.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as S2k airbags those were made by Autoliv not Takata. On the NSX maybe someone can chime in?? Anyway none of these are affected by any recalls or lawsuits.

There were so few NSX's sold that there's not enough safety data available to make a judgement. Although we can say that the air bag system in the NSX would not pass US safety standards today. Current standards require that the system be "smart" meaning it explodes at different intensities. For example the system would deploy at high intensity for a heavy person involved in an extreme impact. But for a lightweight person involved in a lessor impact it would deploy with less force. The purpose of this design is to avoid having the air bag itself unnecessarily risk injuring (or killing) the occupant. By contrast the NSX is a "dumb" design that always explodes at full force regardless of what's required, thus increasing the risk of the airbag injuring you.

I have a Targa 99.

1. Chassis Reinforcement (STMPO FSB and TARGA Triangle Brace)
2. Coilovers
3. Wheels and Tires (Prodrive GC-06 17/17 on Dunlop Direzza ZII)
4. Compliance Parts for Front and Rear Suspension
5. Momo Steering Wheel

1. Headers, exhaust (especially for pre NA2)
2. Good quality coil overs
3. CTSC be nice
4. Weight redux
5. Type R body parts (spoiler, hood, other aero)

1. JDM gears and 4.55 R&P
2. 2000 ABS system
3. SS headers
4. Non-compliance bushings and toe links
5. Better wheels - great tires

H-

Last edited:
Ideal for me would be..
1. Recaro PP
2.02+ sideskirts and rear valance
3. Kw v3
4. SOS headers/exhaust
5. Supercharger

1 euro fogs with hid
2 huggabugga window fix
3 Oem leather map bags (hard to find )
4 2002 OEM wheels
5 recover OEM seats

have not done much performance mostly updating the 20 plus year old OEM stuff

1. wrap
2. pride lightweight exhaust
3. rpf1's
4. Seibon Type R wing
5. HnR on Bilsteins

24362106510_9fcef09026_k_d.jpg

Last edited:
1- JDM Short gears & rear pinion
2- CT Headers, Exhaust,Clutch & air box.
3- Bielstens, HRE 17 & 18’s AD08s
4- Momo steering wheel
5- Classic Diamond Audio Sterio with 10” downward positioned sub woofer where Glove Box use to be, with the amp in the tool box compartment.
-Midnight Pearl isn’t bad either-

^^^ The momo tuner steering wheel is a must have on the older cars.

1. Comptech Pro Suspension
2. Stoptech BBK
3. 3.6L Stroker
4. SOS ITBs
5. OS Giken LSD

1. Turbo
2. Built motor
3. Wheels/sticky tires
4. Sparco Roadsters
5. Tein

HM: 1 of 4 2f2f cars(cmputerwiz old car). He began cleaning it up and making it faster, I've continued the journey.

Last edited:
I was recently asked what are the top 5 modifications/upgrades on your NSX?

It was a tough question to answer. However, for this poll i'm excluding any mods you still want to do. I think it's important to have some feedback behind the wheel prior to listing your mods.
1. AP Racing BBK
2. Taitec GT Parallel exhaust
3. NSX-R close-ratio gears and 4.23 final drive
4. HID headlamps
5. HPDE for the 'nut behind the wheel'

1. AP Racing BBK
2. Taitec GT Parallel exhaust
3. NSX-R close-ratio gears and 4.23 final drive
4. HID headlamps
5. HPDE for the 'nut behind the wheel'

lol if you have straight pipes with #2 ...then you need a # 6....ear plugs.......:biggrin:

top 5

As others have said, limiting our choice to five is very difficult. I consider my more than 15 mods that I have made so far as being very important

1. Brembo BBK
2. Non compliance rear beam bearings and toe links
3. KW3 coil overs
4. OS Geiken LSD with the 4.4 final drive
5. High performance tires

Glad to hear someone thinking of brakes for a change.

Back