• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What bells and whistles does the 05 have

Hi, new here..can anyone tell me what sort of bells and whistles a new NSX has...for example my vette has the "message center" that tells me pretty much everything I need to know i.e. when oil changes are due, how much air is in each tire, how many miles left on the current tank of gas, etc....does the NSX have anything comparable to this? I've not seen inside a new one. I am considering getting one but can't even look at one because the two that i'm looking at (without looking) are located very far away. I have no way of knowing what all they offer (the cars). Please can someone give me a brief run down of what they are like on the inside? Oh and i'm a girl and I'm wanting a automatic transmission. (DON'T VOMIT PLEASE)..i just prefer it. :tongue: thanks, April

April - Well if you are looking for all the bells and whistles, the NSX is not for you. The technology is mostly early '90's. The trade off is the performance, handling, fit of the car. Not to mention that you can drive for a long time w/o seeing another. Good luck.

Cairo94507 said:
April - Well if you are looking for all the bells and whistles, the NSX is not for you. The technology is mostly early '90's. The trade off is the performance, handling, fit of the car. Not to mention that you can drive for a long time w/o seeing another. Good luck.

Well, i like the idea of having something that most people around don't have...especially where I live (small town, bible belt, AL) eek! But I would prefer some bells and whistles, have been spoiled with my C5. So, if it's only a v-6 and it has no bells and whistles, then WHY does it cost so much??? You wrote the "trade off" is the performance and handling and fit of the car...well, my C5 has all of that and bells and whistles and is still so much less expensive. Hmmmm, I've always gone by "looks" ...I LOVE THE LOOK of the NSX and the C5 as well...I will go check out the website you all gave on this thread.. Thanks, April

alabamaredhead said:
So, if it's only a v-6 and it has no bells and whistles, then WHY does it cost so much??? You wrote the "trade off" is the performance and handling and fit of the car...well, my C5 has all of that and bells and whistles and is still so much less expensive.

Wow, you're committing blasphemy with those words! :eek:

You'll have to do a search and a lot of reading to really understand the NSX... better yet, take one for a ride (if you can find one - even a manual). You'll understand after that... there isn't enough room for us to explain in one thread why the NSX is the "better" car.

redshift said:
Wow, you're committing blasphemy with those words! :eek:

You'll have to do a search and a lot of reading to really understand the NSX... better yet, take one for a ride (if you can find one - even a manual). You'll understand after that... there isn't enough room for us to explain in one thread why the NSX is the "better" car.

I wasn't dogging it (the NSX) out or saying mine was better....I'm on here because I was wanting to get one so i'm trying to find out through all of ou who own one what the deal is. I do love my vette but i'm trying to justify spending SO much more money when it offers less than what I have. I am basing my appeal strictly on looks. I have no way of driving one...there is none anywhere near by and I live no where near a big city where I may find one. The one i'm looking (through the dealer) at is located in NJ....way away.

Built by hand less then 9000 units sold in US, The NSX has put a smile on my face, it is a car that in high school I had posters of on the wall, sure their is a price that is too much to pay for almost anything, a ton of people will say the NSX is overpriced but for someone like me "cost is no object when it comes to an NSX" =D I am in love with mine and the NSX has a timeless look. =D

Not to slam the C-5, but it does not come anywhere close to the quality of the NSX. I have had a ton of cars, including corvettes, ferrari, MBZ, BMW, Porsche, etc., the NSX stands apart form them all in my opinion as a quality car. Also, I like the uniqueness of it as well. I do not see 3 per block like I do the other cars, including the C-5 and now starting to see a lot of C-6's too.

alabamaredhead said:
I wasn't dogging it (the NSX) out or saying mine was better....I'm on here because I was wanting to get one so i'm trying to find out through all of ou who own one what the deal is.
I apologize if I sounded argumentative... that was not my intention.

alabamaredhead said:
... when [the NSX] offers less than what I have.
Define "less"... I would argue that the NSX offers MUCH more than what you have (also not trying to "dog" the C5). Please use the search feature at the top of the page... it will tell you all you need to know. I don't mean to be mysterious about the car; there really is too much information to go through it all in a single thread. :biggrin:

if you want bells and whistles...the nsx is not the car for you. It hasn't really been updated on the inside much in 15 years. The reason why you buy an nsx can't really be captured in pcs of spec sheets, it has to be driven.

Cairo94507 said:
Not to slam the C-5, but it does not come anywhere close to the quality of the NSX. I have had a ton of cars, including corvettes, ferrari, MBZ, BMW, Porsche, etc., the NSX stands apart form them all in my opinion as a quality car. Also, I like the uniqueness of it as well. I do not see 3 per block like I do the other cars, including the C-5 and now starting to see a lot of C-6's too.

Well it's ok to slam the C5, i know it's not for everyone. I was hoping someone would post that has owned both so I could hear of some comparisons. I was curious what a former C5 owner would say about now owning an NSX. Thanks for the info..and input....even if you are doggin my little C5 :tongue:

satan_srv said:
It hasn't really been updated on the inside much in 15 years.
So true... interestingly enough though the interior is still leaps and bounds ahead of the C5 in terms of visibility, comfort, fit, quality, and styling... it really is a driver's car; it does lack the cool gadgets though.

redshift said:
I apologize if I sounded argumentative... that was not my intention.

Define "less"... I would argue that the NSX offers MUCH more than what you have (also not trying to "dog" the C5). Please use the search feature at the top of the page... it will tell you all you need to know. I don't mean to be mysterious about the car; there really is too much information to go through it all in a single thread. :biggrin:

:confused: sorry, i only meant (less) in the way that the NSX has no bells and whistles and is a V6...meant no harm by that....you must remember, i'm a chick and I love bells and whistles along with my power. I'm trying to decide if I could get used to my car NOT telling me when it's time to change the oil, or how much air is in my tires..all that jazz, I kinda like those things about my current car.

satan_srv said:
Well 2002-2005 is exactly the same...there has to be some used ones in your area if you want to check them out.

Like I said though, it won't have the toys you are looking for, if that's what you want in a car.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...dvanced=&end_year=2006&max_price=&cardist=259

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...dvanced=&end_year=2006&max_price=&cardist=260

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...dvanced=&end_year=2006&max_price=&cardist=300

Thank you, you seem to be the only kind helpful one. There are not any in my area. I live in po-dunk USA...no big city near by. The last year model i've seen and ridden in was a early 90's model. I loved that one then..:) thanks for your help. :smile:

alabamaredhead said:
I wasn't dogging it (the NSX) out or saying mine was better....I'm on here because I was wanting to get one so i'm trying to find out through all of ou who own one what the deal is. I do love my vette but i'm trying to justify spending SO much more money when it offers less than what I have. I am basing my appeal strictly on looks. I have no way of driving one...there is none anywhere near by and I live no where near a big city where I may find one. The one i'm looking (through the dealer) at is located in NJ....way away.
there is one on the showroom floor in Mobile

alabamaredhead said:
Thank you, you seem to be the only kind helpful one.
What about me :confused: :confused: ... I was honestly trying to be helpful by pointing you to the search feature (there is SO much good info there comparing corvettes to NSXs), but I'll do my best to sum up the differences in my opinion:

I drove a C5 when I was pseudo-considering it - it was between NSX, C5 and M3.

The C5 interior was truly horrid. It was one large plastic chunk with terrible outward visibility. The worst thing was probably the bench-like seating! I didn't get a chance to get acquainted with the gadgets... sorry I have no opinion on that (I'm sure the C5 is superior in this regard). The NSX has wonderful driver positioning and a simple yet elegant all "leather" interior (gauges and stereo head-unit do appear dated).

The acceleration was pretty comparable to the NSX. I really liked the torquey feeling of the C5, but I also really liked the exhilaration of the 8K red line of the NSX. Shifting is so much more fluid in the NSX. 1/4 mile times are very similar (in magazines) - I've seen the NSX with much faster times than the C5s and I've seen C5s with better times. 150 mph in the C5 was scary - it was too loose and rattling - this lowered my perception of quality and comfort at high speeds. In the NSX I felt very comfortable and in control at 150 (I was in a coupe) - no rattling or strange noises - very predictable ride. *I drove the cars on a very safe and long stretch of highway.

Handling is difficult to quantify since I wasn't really pushing either car to their limits. The C5 feels very soft and floaty. You definitely don't feel connected and there is little to no feedback from the steering wheel - the rear end kicks loose too easily. The NSX is very darty and go-kart like with amazing feedback and you really feel connected with the road (and the car). The weight ratio due to the mid-engine design is very evident in the "feel" of the car. The C5 just feels "heavy" in comparison.

Of course, all the above was just my opinion of back-to-back driving of a C5 and NSX 3.0... I since have bought my own NSX. There is NO comparison in my mind between the two.

There are other emotional and intangible qualities of the NSX that I just cannot remember... some of them include:
- hand-built mid-engine exotic
- all aluminum construction
- F1 inspired
- Benchmark for the mclaren F1
- very rare (dream car status)
- engineering marvel
- All around BALANCE (if you just want really fast 1/4 mile times get a Viper instead)
- Honda's race history (corvette has a nice legacy too)
- Ayrton Senna involved in chassis tune

The list goes on, but these are just a few things I can remember off the top of my head :biggrin:

Here's an interesting review of the NSX and C5 by one of the masters, MARIO ANDRETTI!

Last edited:
alabamaredhead said:
Well Mobile is a long way from me but thanks a bunch. Maybe I can get down there one of these days.... :smile:
its closer than NJ?? What part of AL are you in? There are lots of NSX's in AL. If you're north AL go to Atlanta? Its really close too.

Back