• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What bells and whistles does the 05 have

Whew, it's a good thing i'm on YOUR forum in stead of you being on my (C5) forum....wow, I would have just really had a ball with you!

Thanks for your opinion....even though since I've OWNED 3 C5's I'll disagree with you on about everything you said.....that's okay though, that's why I'm on this forum, to understand what you all think about the NSX...

anyhooo......on to other things....

Not sure what the shock is?
Sounds like you need more seat time.
If you have actually driven both, you would know.
Almost everyone here has driven a C5.
I will guess 80-90%. On Corvetteforum maybe 5% has driven
an NSX. Either you get it, or you don't.
And no one really cares either way. :biggrin:
BTW I am 396 RAT on the Corvetteforum
and have tons of seat time in C1's, C2's, C3's, C4's and C5's.
Great cars, but its not apples to apples.

"that's why I'm on this forum, to understand what you all think about the NSX..."

If that's what your after just start reading the posts.
You will see its not the same as the C5 forum.
Very few complaints......... :eek:

Since you’ve hung on though all of this, you are most likely serious about learning more about an NSX. But based on the way you worded your original question, I would say you really enjoy your C5 and are looking for a car that is better than it in every way. I don’t think you will find that with any car including an NSX.

Each car has pluses and minuses. You can’t find something that will only improve with no steps back. Least of all, a vehicle that was first released in 1991 with minimal changes through the years.

You’re on a NSX board. The slant is obvious and one you foresaw. All I would say is that if you really think you are of an open mind about the possibility of owning an NSX, I think you will greatly enjoy the experience. But if you hang with friends that will harass you for not having a Vet and more importantly a Japanese car and their opinions matter to you, I’d stay clear as these will not be the wheels for you. Opinions on what’s better and worse between the two platforms are always skewed by what you currently own. I’d have to say, that your safer bet would simply be a C6. Now you decide if you like safe and comfortable or chances for new experiences that you never knew you enjoyed more.

MCM said:
Not sure what the shock is?
Sounds like you need more seat time.
If you have actually driven both, you would know.
Almost everyone here has driven a C5.
I will guess 80-90%. On Corvetteforum maybe 5% has driven
an NSX. Either you get it, or you don't.
And no one really cares either way. :biggrin:
BTW I am 396 RAT on the Corvetteforum
and have tons of seat time in C1's, C2's, C3's, C4's and C5's.
Great cars, but its not apples to apples.

"that's why I'm on this forum, to understand what you all think about the NSX..."

If that's what your after just start reading the posts.
You will see its not the same as the C5 forum.
Very few complaints......... :eek:

I have no seat time....You guys are all about the performance as you call it and I am into bells and whistles as well as power.

I have been reading the posts here.....that's what i've been doing each day.
Have about decided to stick with the vette....for now anyway.

whealy said:
Since you’ve hung on though all of this, you are most likely serious about learning more about an NSX. But based on the way you worded your original question, I would say you really enjoy your C5 and are looking for a car that is better than it in every way. I don’t think you will find that with any car including an NSX.

Each car has pluses and minuses. You can’t find something that will only improve with no steps back. Least of all, a vehicle that was first released in 1991 with minimal changes through the years.

You’re on a NSX board. The slant is obvious and one you foresaw. All I would say is that if you really think you are of an open mind about the possibility of owning an NSX, I think you will greatly enjoy the experience. But if you hang with friends that will harass you for not having a Vet and more importantly a Japanese car and their opinions matter to you, I’d stay clear as these will not be the wheels for you. Opinions on what’s better and worse between the two platforms are always skewed by what you currently own. I’d have to say, that your safer bet would simply be a C6. Now you decide if you like safe and comfortable or chances for new experiences that you never knew you enjoyed more.

Well put and thanks....I am for now going to keep the vette and maybe in a couple of years just buy another sports car (NSX?) that way i'm not giving up something that I really enjoy....the vette and it's bells and whistles.
And no I don't care what anyone thinks....
I'm about to be done on this forum altogether, I can feel that i'm not welcome here and there is a TON of ATTITUDE on this forum..especially toward a female that has a vette...it was never my intention to come on here and stir up anything, just wanted to find out all i could from people that own the car already. Some of you have been real nice and helpful and others are down right snobish....so, think it's about time to put my tail between my legs and head the other direction.
thanks for your input....very much :)

Oh, we have a lot of attitude against males with Corvettes too :biggrin: :biggrin:
Just kidding! If you get a chance, try to at least drive an NSX. Do not punish the car (or yourself by not driving one) for the few comments posted here!

Shumdit said:
Oh, we have a lot of attitude against males with Corvettes too :biggrin: :biggrin:
Just kidding! If you get a chance, try to at least drive an NSX. Do not punish the car (or yourself by not driving one) for the few comments posted here!

Oh i plan to drive one, one of these days...for sure:)
April

alabamaredhead said:
Well put and thanks....I am for now going to keep the vette and maybe in a couple of years just buy another sports car (NSX?) that way i'm not giving up something that I really enjoy....the vette and it's bells and whistles.
And no I don't care what anyone thinks....
I'm about to be done on this forum altogether, I can feel that i'm not welcome here and there is a TON of ATTITUDE on this forum..especially toward a female that has a vette...it was never my intention to come on here and stir up anything, just wanted to find out all i could from people that own the car already. Some of you have been real nice and helpful and others are down right snobish....so, think it's about time to put my tail between my legs and head the other direction.
thanks for your input....very much :)

Hahahahaha. Sorry Red ,but yes most these guy's will eat you alive as they adamantly defend their baby. My wife has an 04 C5 convertible which she loves and drives all the time even though she knows she could take the NSX whenever she wanted. Why is that? because the NSX is a stick and the Vette an automatic. Had I bought a auto NSX she would have sold the Vette long time ago. It's wise of you to keep what you like and possibly pick up an NSX in the future as they're enough around for you to find one later on.

Please don't completely leave the site as your southern humor and dialect have added some much needed spice to this board ( as you can tell by some of the schoolboy responses you've received ).

Later!

Since you like Vette's, if I were you I'd get a new C6.
They look like a real nice upgrade to the C5...improved in many ways.

From one Red Head to another: (no alabama slammin' here!)

I know the C6 is a "nice car" to a Corvette driver and I respect the choice, its a competent car. What you don't realize is that the best bell/whistle in any car is a manual tranny. (thats why these guys don't care about a trip computer)

Yes, the NSX won't tell you when it needs a oil change, (do it every two to three months and your probably cool). I do understand the tire pressure issue, but good tires shouldn't leak and you can get those screw on caps that will tell you you're OK or not. Its a GREAT idea to take a walk around your car every time (or every few days :wink:) and look at your tires (especially for a lady driving a sportscar) to make sure you have no flats or sidewall damage, etc. (guys can be idiots and I've seen women with porsches and Ferraris get slashed tires - my friend Julia is a great example - two weeks ago!)

get runflats if you have any concern at all, then get the guy in the full serve to check your tires, (c'mon, I don't know what a guy wouldn't do for a red head!)
:biggrin:

Seriously, take a 5-speed course, it may seem a little intimidating at first but if Anicka Patrick can keep up with the boys you can too!

You'll never have more fun driving a car, and you'll understand why all these people prefer NSX to Corvette (or Porsche Boxter to Corvette, or S2000 to Corvette. :biggrin:)

Alabama Motor Speedway must have driving school (racing) once you can drive a stick. If you're the kind of person I'd expect to you be (a red head) you'll never look back!

The only issue with Stick is driving with high heels, but I know lots of women who do and do it well - why not you? :wink:

Red said:
From one Red Head to another: (no alabama slammin' here!)

The only issue with Stick is driving with high heels, but I know lots of women who do and do it well - why not you? :wink:

oh my, how I wish I could wear heels, but at 5'11, this redhead wears mostly boots (even combat at times) :wink: . I have already decided to learn to drive a stick...and guess what I'm going to learn on??? A big john deer tractor....goodness!....can you imagine? Oh well i'm sure i won't be able to mess anything up if i'm in a peanut field on a tractor. :) lol...

Thanks for the advice. :)

DONYMO said:
Since you like Vette's, if I were you I'd get a new C6.
They look like a real nice upgrade to the C5...improved in many ways.

The cockpit is great but the rest is UGLY...EEK! can't get rid of my pretty C5 for that ugly thing.....

alabamaredhead said:
oh my, how I wish I could wear heels, but at 5'11, this redhead wears mostly boots (even combat at times) :wink: .

Ah, where were you when I was looking for a (fellow) redhead to settle down with? Red Hair, fast cars, 5'11", and boots - I'm in love! <sigh>

If I were u, i'd get driving stick and then try both cars - I think you'll find the smile factor of the NSX and you'll settle down with it. :wink:

alabamaredhead said:
The cockpit is great but the rest is UGLY...EEK! can't get rid of my pretty C5 for that ugly thing.....

Odd...and here I am thinking the C6 looks fantastic...like a C5 on a diet. Oh well, to each their own.

DrVolkl said:
Odd...and here I am thinking the C6 looks fantastic...like a C5 on a diet. Oh well, to each their own.

Opinions are what make the world go around....i've found that it's about 50/50 with who likes the C6 and who doesn't.....i've owned nothing but corvettes all my life and i'll NOT buy another one until they change the look again....to me this was a horrible change (other than the cockpit)....Time to move on to another sports car altogether....:)

Everybody disagrees with liftshard..don't let him give you a bad taste of Prime.

If you had both the vette and the NSX I would bet you would drive the NSX more, Esp if you drove the 6sp.

i'm sure you're correct about that...one day i'll drive one :) I don't have a bad taste about this forum, it's been helpful. There are a lot of egos on here but some very nice helpful people as well. One must have an ego to drive the cars we do...especially the NSX...haha...

alabamaredhead said:
I have no seat time....You guys are all about the performance as you call it and I am into bells and whistles as well as power.

I have been reading the posts here.....that's what i've been doing each day.
Have about decided to stick with the vette....for now anyway.
One thing to consider is how much do you really use the bells and whistles? For most people here, the only things they really need on a daily basis is the speed and rpms (and fuel gauge to make sure they can keep them up). I don't own one, but I assume it has a maintenance required (ie. oil change) light or signal.

However, there's a thing to be said about Honda's engines and the fun to drive factor. I love the 8k rpm redline in my RSX-S, and make sure it gets there on a regular basis. My wife's 330i has the torque, power, and bells and whistles, but the RSX feels lighter and more fun to drive. Even though the performance between the two cars is similar, their mannerisms are quite the opposite, just about how I imagine the difference between a C5 and an NSX...

Back