• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What did you get for Christmas????

I will start this off.
I bought my wife and kids everything, JK, but I loaded it on them. The kids have behaved and the wifee works hard.
I loved getting their expressions on film as they opened their presents. Gold earings here, Diamond bracelet here, (Not really, but it's my story) and other little goodies.

It was my turn. Nice presentation, decent box, and I open it to find, SOCKS and GLOVES!!!!! :eek: of course deep down I really don't want anything. So I show my kids how happy I am. My wife see's me with a long face later. (I am a good actor) and says " Len I am sorry I didn't know what to get you. So why don't you pick somehing out. Don't worry about the cost, I'm paying" (Which reads you are paying) I don't care. Can you say BBK?

I love Christmas. (Yes I know it's supposed to be about giving and celebrating Christ) After all of that I want some toys. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hope you guys do as well.

Last edited:
I bought her a robot vacuum cleaner, she bought me a teak cruise ship chair :biggrin:

Wife got the Acura TL. I got an RC boat and a few accessories for the Rhino. :biggrin:

PRB2200-250.jpg

I got sox's and underware, its the one thing I ask for every year. My wife thinks I am nuts, but I have everything that I will ever need.

Hey Len, how are you? Merry xmas.

My kids had a wonderful xmas. Rescue heroes stuff for my 4yr old and the teaparty set(chairs/table/highchair & tea set) for my 2 yr old. There were other gifts, but that was the highlight of our day.

My wife got the toyo minivan she wanted earlier this month, and the digital camera with complete accessories. Not much 'under the tree' for her, but everything important she wanted.

As the 'guy' of the family, and sole provider, I don't expect much and am happy with the two cashmere sweaters. I do know what you're saying. I 'am' the santa, and get mostly the joy of knowing my family had a great xmas. If our financial situation ever changes to the point that money is not important, i know my wife would love to go on a shopping spree for me. Until that time, I get what I need and my family gets the rest.

I frequently reflect back upon where I came from and the community I grew up in. As a kid, sticks and dirt and imagination were suffucient for hours of play. I'm happy for the toys my kids have, but wonder if they are truly necessary. I hope to instill the basics of life and what is important to my children as well. To date, my kids would be happy with the most rudimentary of objects and their great imagination. My greatest hope is that I can continue to nurture this.

Happy Holidays to everyone.....

Ipod.. 40g... that's all i asked for..

now i'm gonna hook it into the nsx so that my drives can be somewhat easier..

:D

x

WERD
Huckster, you have nailed it....

Prova.. you got underwear too? You stud. Some people get the whole thing. :smile:

KGP don't go picking up young women with that speed boat. Accessories for the Rhino? Keep it clean... No body part association on this thread. :biggrin:

Armando, I am in Florida for the 24 hr of Daytona, I want to be shown "Your Florida" something tells me I would have a lot of fun.

VBNSX, 40GB, that will handle a coast to coast drive.

I am glad everyone took some time to relax and enjoy the families.

coolnsx, a chair to relax in. Do you have a nice view of something?

jgtcnsx, So what's victoria's secret? Nice gift.

huckster said:
Hey Len, how are you? Merry xmas.

My kids had a wonderful xmas. Rescue heroes stuff for my 4yr old and the teaparty set(chairs/table/highchair & tea set) for my 2 yr old. There were other gifts, but that was the highlight of our day.

My wife got the toyo minivan she wanted earlier this month, and the digital camera with complete accessories. Not much 'under the tree' for her, but everything important she wanted.

As the 'guy' of the family, and sole provider, I don't expect much and am happy with the two cashmere sweaters. I do know what you're saying. I 'am' the santa, and get mostly the joy of knowing my family had a great xmas. If our financial situation ever changes to the point that money is not important, i know my wife would love to go on a shopping spree for me. Until that time, I get what I need and my family gets the rest.

I frequently reflect back upon where I came from and the community I grew up in. As a kid, sticks and dirt and imagination were suffucient for hours of play. I'm happy for the toys my kids have, but wonder if they are truly necessary. I hope to instill the basics of life and what is important to my children as well. To date, my kids would be happy with the most rudimentary of objects and their great imagination. My greatest hope is that I can continue to nurture this.

Happy Holidays to everyone.....

Last edited:
prova4re said:
I got sox's and underware, its the one thing I ask for every year. My wife thinks I am nuts, but I have everything that I will ever need.

Great sentiment Brian - it's what it's all about - less about what you get but what you give. You have certainly demonstrated where your heart is this year - you can be very proud (although I know that in itself is not the motivation)

For me, the one gift I received that really stands out is this rotator ratchet - what an absolutely fabulous tool! It is soooo amazing - it had an even unexpected feature I didn't realize till I started playing with it: the way the rotator mechanism works, you can rotate as little as one click in either clock-wise or anticlockwise direction & it will still advance the ratchet in the desired mode i.e. loosening or tightening. So you can either rotate in the same direction continuously, or oscillate it reciprocally - incredible! For final tightening you can use as a coventional ratchet by utilizing the normal lever action.
I love this thing!

p.s. Thanks for listening, Michelle! She went through a real hassle to get it - the local home depot sold out almost immediately, then the initial mail order shipment got lost in transit (go figure!), and the replacement arrived at her office only on Chrismas eve!

I got:
$200 in Best Buy gift cards - going towards purchase of new digital camcorder
8 sweaters
1 Pair of gloves
1 Snap-On metric hex wrench set
Halo 2
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Corvette PJs :)
Weird rumbling videogame chair thing....very cool, but impossible to describe.

* The Matrix DVD Box Set. :D
* Socks (what is it with socks + Christmas?!)
* Magazine Subscription to 'Digital Photography & Design'. :rolleyes:
* Personal satisfaction seeing the looks on my family's faces as I gave them stuff I KNEW they needed which exceeded their expectations. Worth the month of hassle finding & hiding the stuff.
That's pretty much it.

<B>DIPPY</B> : I've been wondering what you got for Christmas Dippy! Did Saint <B>Nico</B>las bring you the Type-R spoiler you always want?!?! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL :D :D

Last edited:
len3.8 said:
WERD

Armando, I am in Florida for the 24 hr of Daytona, I want to be shown "Your Florida" something tells me I would have a lot of fun.

Mi casa su casa Amigo, say when and I'll have them roll out the red carpet for you.

Armando

Best gift in the world and something that makes everything you thought important, really silly. Nathaniel Steven Shinn, 7 lbs 11 oz. Mom and the baby are doing great and yes, he has been in the NSX, 3 days old but no driving because of the snow.

Tim

jorligan said:
Best gift in the world and something that makes everything you thought important, really silly. Nathaniel Steven Shinn, 7 lbs 11 oz. Mom and the baby are doing great and yes, he has been in the NSX, 3 days old but no driving because of the snow.

Tim

So very true, enjoy them as they grow fast(to fast). And keep him away from my daughters :)

Armando

len3.8 said:
WERD

VBNSX, 40GB, that will handle a coast to coast drive.

Haha.... i never thought about that.. ok then it'll handle my trip to NSXPO.. ;)

MiamieNeSeX said:
So very true, enjoy them as they grow fast(to fast). And keep him away from my daughters

I was talking to my uncle (who just recently had a daughter) about this... do you have ANY idea how protective I would be if I ever had a daughter? (I don't have any kids but still...) I was thinking about it... my gawd.. I'd be SOOOOOOOO protective.... I think I'd carry a shotgun over the fireplace.. he he..:tongue:

x

Hands down, the best gift you can receive.
Congrats. A long time friend just received the same gift. A beautiful baby girl.
Len

jorligan said:

Tim

92NSX said:
Nothing but clothes.

Okay Autoeuphoria, you got entirely too much stuff.
You have exceeded the gift minimum. :smile:

92NSX
Yeah, but were they nice clothes?
I bet she set you up with a nice ensemble? Unless she's like my wife, she would have me looking like Howdy Doody.
But I'm still keeping her.

A cheque, Lord of the Rings DVD Box, socks, underwear and a small vacuum cleaner thingie (hint from my mom to clean my room :) ) The biggest present was my that my half sister came over, she lives in New Zealand, havent seen her for over a year.

Last edited:
jorligan said:

Tim

Congrats my Friend, now get off prime and go play with him. :biggrin:

Back