• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you guys think of this one??

$53,000 and you get that? Worth it! The only thing Im not liking is the blue interior.

I like the blue with blue interior but wouldn't pay $53k for a NSX with 43k miles.

$53,000 and you get that? Worth it! The only thing Im not liking is the blue interior.

Blue interior is the deal breaker. NSXR decal is not centered. You have to ask yourself, in a year am I gonna despise this blue interior. Very nice car otherwise.

Just looked at the car and it sure looks very nice. Does it come with the original wheels and rear spoiler? If not you have to ask yourself what that stuff costs to replace. Sure the Volks are nice and the carbon wing is great but the OEM wheels cost a bit and I don't even want to know what Acura charges for a wing. Just food for thought. 20k in upgrades can get eaten away pretty quickly if you want to go back to stock.

Dislike:
- Non-centered "NSX-R" on rear wing
- CF side vents
- Razo shift knob

other than those, it's a good car. price for mileage is a little high compared to others on the market, but hey... you're getting 10K in audio... in an NSX.

its funny they take a picture of the radiator cuz they didnt know how to open the engine bay, but there are porsche's in the back ground.

duhhhh.

There is no way I'd take that blue one over either of the Primer's cars that our guys have mentioned. By the way where is our original poster? Must be out ruling in his M3??? I mean do this guys ever bother to check our market site? :rolleyes:

Anytime...you are so smart! Yes it is my old car...I traded it in and bought a 2011 GT3 RS.

By the way... the he blue interior on the NSX is awesome in person!

There is the new toy.

Attachments

• IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Dislike:
- Non-centered "NSX-R" on rear wing
- CF side vents
- Razo shift knob

other than those, it's a good car. price for mileage is a little high compared to others on the market, but hey... you're getting 10K in audio... in an NSX.

NSX-R decal...personal preference to location.
CF side vents...straight bad A$$
Razor shift knob...shorter than the stock...once again persona preference

More picts on the new toy.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3835

I loved my NSX...the 2002 was my second. I'm 6'1" and weigh 225 and the NSX was a little small for me. I also got a little tired of the under powered feeing.

The Porsche has 450hp and 317 ft lbs of torque...it is a BEAST! Hands down, the Porsche is a true supercar. Not knocking the NSX at all...like I said I have owned 2..but it was just the right time for me to move to the Porsche.

I have been looking at Porches for a couple years and could never pull the trigger until I saw the GT3 RS. This thing really is a street legal race car. The drive is amazingly soft and quiet until you switch on the sport suspension and hammer it.

Top gear lap times for the GT3 RS was 1.22.3 compared the the NSX-R at 1.31.6. http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml

Didn't arch the wet conditions. Top gear said to remove 4 seconds for the wet conditions...still slower by a good amount.

yeah its a beast on paper, but reliability I would'nt DARE drive it cross country.

leave you standed in the middle of no-where No-thanks

I would drive my NSX around the world with out question if there were bridges to do so

Nope the 911 and specifically the GT3 RS was a smart purchase Todd! Enjoy!

911's won't leave you stranded anywhere...such an ol wise tale.:rolleyes:

yeah its a beast on paper, but reliability I would'nt DARE drive it cross country.

leave you standed in the middle of no-where No-thanks

I would drive my NSX around the world with out question if there were bridges to do so

Believe me Shawn a new GT3 RS will surely go across the country with no drama but you and the loud pedal. That is just a crazy statement. Not trying to beat on you but you should really know a lot more about Porsche than you are displaying here - this just sounds like sour grapes to anyone that knows the new DFI 911s. I wouldn't hesitate to drive the Carrera, Carrera S, GTS, GT3, GT3 RS, Turbo, Turbo S, GT2 across this country and back - it would be a marvelous car to travel in.

I am thinking of the Targa or Targa 4S for an NSX replacement one day when it's time and I will be driving it across the country. That is one of my dreams - driving across this country and up the Pacific Coast Hwy and back again! Plenty of room for luggage and golf clubs - something that is just not possible in the NSX. Although the NSX would be another great car to travel the country in as well but you can't take clubs and luggage in the NSX - just not enough room.

You gotta know that driving a new 911 across the country would be just as safe as an NSX with 100k miles on it. Just a thought - I could be wrong. However, obviously maintaining a Porsche to 100k would likely be more expensive than taking a Honda that far. At least I think it would but then I'll say this too - I guarantee I would not have to replace the steering rack, as I did in my NSX, in a new 911 with only 43k miles on the odometer! Another thing - there was a guy that just bought an NSX and he took it to the track - car was an automatic- he drove one weekend and on Day 2 he lost 2nd gear and then lost 3rd and 4th. Now he's looking for another transmission - it was not something simple - I don't know what the mileage was on it but I would tell you I don't believe a PDK transmission would let you down like that at the track. PDK - that's the new 7 speed automatic by Porsche - kind of like an automatic manual. Faster than a human can shift - so good in fact that Walter Rohl, a great race car driver and now test driver for Porsche, chose that for his personal new Turbo!

There is a lot to know about Porsche and they rated very highly in longevity in the Power ratings. They have come a long way from their beginnings. They are quite reliable today!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the good words guys. It really is amazing how some people can't deal with other makes of cars...wow!

Shawn...It seems clear that you have never had the privelage of driving a GT3 RS.

Thanks for the good words guys. It really is amazing how some people can't deal with other makes of cars...wow!

Shawn...It seems clear that you have never had the privelage of driving a GT3 RS.

I haven't either but I would surely love to......hint hint???:biggrin: Where are you located? I would love to get a ride in one if nothing else!

Back