• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What does NSXPrime.com membership mean to me?

Please don't let it die.

I have spent so many hours on Prime learning about these awesome cars and establishing good friendships. Although I reluctantly do look at facebook NSX sites since these have become so much more active and timely, I would hate to see prime go away. Many of the ideas given above would be great, but it sounds like money is the key to keeping it running. A big thankyou to all the moderators and folks who have and continue to keep this site running with their numerous volunteer hours.
I honestly never new there was a way to pay for keeping the site rolling, thanks for the info/link. Just signed up for the Platinum level.

Here is the link again for any others interested. http://www.nsxprime.com/members/member_central.htm

I'm glad this conversation has started. For me, I'm sure Prime will be around for awhile (it simply is too knowledge rich for the community to exist without it). However, its importance as the leading communication tool between owners and needs to evolve into more "third screen" type of functionality. That's IF stakeholders want it to exist that way. So, to me, it seems the next step would be to research (qualitatively and quantitatively) the community to determine the most viable business model for growth and sustainability.

FWIW, I have no problem with paying annually to be a member of Prime, giving some of my data for sponsorships, or supporting the community in another way.

Last edited:
It would be a shame for Prime to go away. I have learned a lot here. Well worth the price of membership. You can count on me for support to keep things going.

So great to see this thread. I can't tell you how much Prime is/was a part of my life. I signed up here 16 years ago, at the ripe age of 24 and have progressed through many a stages in my life. From a kid, to an adult (sometimes) and now a family man and father. All the while, I've had my trusty NSX by my side. I couldn't imagine life without either. I admit, I stopped posting and lurking for a bit but now have a new found love affair with my car and all things NSX related. Part of that was due to my trip to NSXPO 19. I was hesitant to go, but decided it would be a great excuse to put some miles on my car. I'd hang with my fellow Zanardi brothers and meet some friends, both new and old. Turned out to be one of car highlights of my life. Skyline drive was epic, sightseeing in DC was so much fun and the night time drinking and endless NSX talk at the bar till the early hours of the morning was just awesome.

I'd be happy to pay whatever, as I do on Rennlist to Make Prime Great Again.

LOL :biggrin:
I'm sure NSXPrime appreciates all of this new found support:wink:

Now with this influx of capital we should do a little house keeping, like only members get access to cars and parts for sale.

Now with this influx of capital we should do a little house keeping, like only members get access to cars and parts for sale.
It certainly is a thought ... However, the Classifieds are what possibly get new owners in their new NSX's.
Which in turn means they may never come back. That's one of the nicest tools for non-NSX Owners to use
during their hunt, then get hooked on coming here to research repairs, parts, etc. If they cant access the
classifieds, then they will search elsewhere. Just a thought..

Last edited:
Try this link: http://www.nsxprime.com/members/member_central.htm
Click the BOLD "Paid Subscription" Select your drop down donation and then "Order".
It will then send you the PayPal option and login and pay.

I get the "things don't appear to be working" message on Paypal. Maybe it is just me? Tried it on my phone too. I'll talk to Spencer/Lud.

LOL :biggrin:
I'm sure NSXPrime appreciates all of this new found support:wink:

We do! Lots to come.

We're thinking this way too.

It certainly is a thought ... However, the Classifieds are what possibly get new owners in their new NSX's.
Which in turn means they may never come back. That's one of the nicest tools for non-NSX Owners to use
during their hunt, then get hooked on coming here to research repairs, parts, etc. If they cant access the
classifieds, then they will search elsewhere. Just a thought..

Great point. It might make sense to link buying/selling to subscription level. The more you contribute, the more you can sell. A lot of other car forums work this way and it works well to keep the scammers away plus generate operating revenue for the site.

Great idea!

Great point. It might make sense to link buying/selling to subscription level. The more you contribute, the more you can sell. A lot of other car forums work this way and it works well to keep the scammers away plus generate operating revenue for the site.

That's a great idea!:smile:

Timely thread... I didn't even know subscriptions were available. Fifteen years later, finally subscribed.

This thread and the other thread in the misc and admin section on suggestions for the forum should be a sticky at the top of every section / thread.

I stumbled on by hitting the wrong thing - I usually don’t go to many different sections.

Interesting situation and I agree with most of the suggestions. So much needs to be fixed and updated. Glad more mods are involved for better responsiveness and to level things out. RSO 34 did a fantastic job, but was clearly overwhelmed. Still, after many emails I can’t get access to the Gen 2 owners section. Does it exist? Yet another aggravation, behind posting photos.

So... the site is in a potentially dire situation, the “owner”, Lud is not really involved (I’m guessing he owns it), and others have nobly stepped up. Usually the owner/admin is front and center to save what they have. Doesn’t seem the case here? Why not sell it to an individual or group with a desire to make it succeed? Seems short sighted. What happens when the owner really steps away?

On other forums it’s pretty clear the owner or a key person is driving things or has a vision. We need that here. I think those that stepped up have presented what appears to be a good plan for changes. Yet all this proposed work seems to be a temporary patch job unless an undisclosed amount of money is found/raised.

This thread and the other thread in the misc and admin section on suggestions for the forum should be a sticky at the top of every section / thread.

I stumbled on by hitting the wrong thing - I usually don’t go to many different sections.

Interesting situation and I agree with most of the suggestions. So much needs to be fixed and updated. Glad more mods are involved for better responsiveness and to level things out. RSO 34 did a fantastic job, but was clearly overwhelmed. Still, after many emails I can’t get access to the Gen 2 owners section. Does it exist? Yet another aggravation, behind posting photos.

So... the site is in a potentially dire situation, the “owner”, Lud is not really involved (I’m guessing he owns it), and others have nobly stepped up. Usually the owner/admin is front and center to save what they have. Doesn’t seem the case here? Why not sell it to an individual or group with a desire to make it succeed? Seems short sighted. What happens when the owner really steps away?

On other forums it’s pretty clear the owner or a key person is driving things or has a vision. We need that here. I think those that stepped up have presented what appears to be a good plan for changes. Yet all this proposed work seems to be a temporary patch job unless an undisclosed amount of money is found/raised.

Probably makes sense to clarify here. Lud is fully involved with NSX Prime, he just does not have as much time to devote to active site admin work as he did 20 years ago when he started the site. We're all stepping in to help him with the day-to-day, as well as refresh the site, because like you all we love this place and want to see it continue. Send [MENTION=34522]NSX_n00b[/MENTION] a PM and he should be able to get you access to Gen2.

Just a question about the gen 2 area, [MENTION=18194]Honcho[/MENTION] , is there still a need to keep it secret? I can understand five years ago why there was a need, but does that need for secrecy still exist? There are a lot of us who are gen 1 owners who like and have interest in the gen 2...

I'm ok with an owners only area but the better compromise maybe that non owners only get read only access , while owners get to post...

I'm ok with an owners only area but the better compromise maybe that non owners only get read only access , while owners get to post...

Whoa, you got a promotion! Congrats!

Trip down memory lane a few months ago... found an old box of bank statements and went thru the checks before shredding.

I was a member here on Prime back in the late 90’s when I had my white/black Gen 1. No clue of my user name, etc., all lost to computer and software upgrades. I found the returned check from a guy here who made an antenna device, it would keep the antenna down when the CD player was on. Pretty cool and worked great. It was $35 or $55? Wonder if he’s still around? Electrical engineer maybe from Texas?

Back