• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is good price for a 2004 with 55K miles?

Is $48K a fair price for a 2004 Black over Camel with 55K miles?

All service records are available. Just serviced last November. Four owners. Timing belt and water pump have not been replaced. Current owner put 8K on it in the last 3 years. It was driven in the winter when limited amount of salt was on the ground.

Last edited:
It's ok that the TB/WP haven't been replaced - heck it's just now on 7 years and that is the time interval. However, by the recommended interval it is now due. That's about a $1500 bill. So if that's the only thing then 48k isn't a bad price at all. Lots of guys on here would say that 55k is ok. So it sure is worth checking further if this is what your looking for and a late model at 48k if there is no accident damage and the tires are good and the clutch is sound then it's a good deal. Just have a good ppi done. That'll tell you what you need to know and if there is a primer in the area ask him to go by and look at it for you.

It surely is worth looking into! If everything checks out then you probably have found a good one. Is this a primers car? If it is then all the better!

It's ok that the TB/WP haven't been replaced - heck it's just now on 7 years and that is the time interval. However, by the recommended interval it is now due. That's about a $1500 bill. So if that's the only thing then 48k isn't a bad price at all. Lots of guys on here would say that 55k is ok. So it sure is worth checking further if this is what your looking for and a late model at 48k if there is no accident damage and the tires are good and the clutch is sound then it's a good deal. Just have a good ppi done. That'll tell you what you need to know and if there is a primer in the area ask him to go by and look at it for you.

It surely is worth looking into! If everything checks out then you probably have found a good one. Is this a primers car? If it is then all the better!

No, it's not a Primer car. He already agreed to take it to a dealer for a ppi. Thanks for your help and input...much appreciated.

No, it's not a Primer car. He already agreed to take it to a dealer for a ppi. Thanks for your help and input...much appreciated.

Some dealers have zero experience with the NSX, hell they don't even know where the engine is. Where is the car located? There are many shops (and individuals) that have extensive expertise with the car, that's where you should go for the PPI. Some dealers do have experience and if you're located near one of them, great!!!

Tbromley, where have you been? I have not seen any of your great posts on prime for awhile now.

also where are you getting that price of 1500 for TB/WP mine was 2500.

shit i would have drove to GA for that price.

I think $45k or less is a "good" price; $48k is an average price. Be careful when comparing prices that you aren't looking at list prices, you're looking at sales prices. Lots of people base their expectations of what something is worth based on the list prices when it is the sales prices that are actually what matter.

Some dealers have zero experience with the NSX, hell they don't even know where the engine is. Where is the car located? There are many shops (and individuals) that have extensive expertise with the car, that's where you should go for the PPI. Some dealers do have experience and if you're located near one of them, great!!!

The car is located in Richmond, VA

I think 48k is a great price. Id pay 50 prob or 51 if tb/wp was done.

Tbromley, where have you been? I have not seen any of your great posts on prime for awhile now.

also where are you getting that price of 1500 for TB/WP mine was 2500.

shit i would have drove to GA for that price.

I just paid $1600 at an acura dealership in FL for the timing belt, water pump and 2 drive belts.

The car is located in Richmond, VA

Check with 99NCNSX - he's been on this site a long time and he lives up there in that area and he knows a super good local mechanic. One of the best in the country. I would contact him and get the ppi done at the shop he recommends! I'll check on the handle - great guy. He's been a pal to me for a long time - john komar. Yes that is the handle I checked on it. Make sure to get with him.

Last edited:
BINGO! Couldn't have said it better! Asking prices and selling prices are no where close when it comes to 02-05 NSX's anymore! $50k max! And that only if it is mint!

I think $45k or less is a "good" price; $48k is an average price. Be careful when comparing prices that you aren't looking at list prices, you're looking at sales prices. Lots of people base their expectations of what something is worth based on the list prices when it is the sales prices that are actually what matter.

Back