• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What the F--k is going on here?

MCM said:
There will be 2 types of NSX's down the road, and 2 types of owners.
With 2 different values systems for our cars. 100% maintained cars, and the rest.
Both types of owners will be posting on Prime.
(Almost forgot, there may be a 3rd type. The dunce who low-balls/ rips off sellers then try's to sell it on Prime for a profit.)
Just my opinion.......:tongue:

Yeah I think you're right. The old school guys (like me :redface: ) that prefer OEM for pretty much everything, and those that want to highly mod the car for racing or otherwise. I ALSO think that in 5 years, the car will become extremely rare, because 1/2 were built in the first few years, and those have almost all changed hands to folks that will drive the heck out of them (a good thing), permanently mod them (a so-so thing), and wreck them (a bad thing).

I was on the phone (some of us older guys still even use "land lines") last evening with a fellow Prime Member, and inevitably the conversation moved to the fact that there are many "new" members (not a bad thing) that just like to "stir" things up (not necessarily a good thing). Many threads rapidly deteriorate into name calling, and worse. I've been here for a few years and recently it has gotten ugly. This is a public forum, but we're all guests here. Some of the "older" members (not age wise, but length of time on the forum), that have contributed regularly, and been great helps to many "noobies", are regularly dropping off the scene, it would be a tragedy to let this continue. Many owners have benefitted greatly by the willingness of one of the "Senior Members" willingness to go out of their way, spend their time and expertise to assist someone that they've never met. Yes alot of early, high mileage NSX are beginning to become available at very reasonable prices and entry to this great car is now achievable by a much larger population. Diversity is usually a good thing, but sometimes the "culture" of the previous participants moves in a different direction, not necessarily "wrong", but different. When you first come to "Prime" and "ownership", maybe you should post less, and observe more. It almost seems like maybe Lud should put a "probationary" period in place. I know that certain people have been "ejected" in the past, maybe we can avoid that by being a little bit more considerate, respectfull, and yes....mature.
I certainly have been guilty of breaking the law, and yes I was singled out (in my opinion, unfairly so), but I was speeding (and other cars were blowing past me), but the "yellow sports car" is an attractive target. If the PBA card I had with me was current, the officer would have let me off (my fault for not having a current one ), I hired a lawyer (first speeding ticket in over 20 years), had the charge and points reduced (not dismissed), paid my fine and attorney's fee, end of story. Some people need to take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming others. I apologize for being long winded, and "preaching", but this shit is just making me sick.

GROW UP!!!!
I was having a conversation today with a friend (Prime Member) and we started talking about all of the recent posts on Prime, the Sitko posts, who's Hot and Not, Street Racing, etc. and I realized these concerns aren't new, I brought up the same problem over a year ago, so I figured instead of starting a new thread on what's been going on here, I'd just bump this old one. Maybe some of the "Sitko Newbies" need to read some ancient history. We were here long ago, we'll be here a long time into the future, some of you are here a very short time, we're all guests, if you want an "ex-rated experience" go elsewhere, if you want help, want to contribute, be a positive influence, not a destructive one. We do welcome all ages, all tastes (but poor taste), treat people with respect and you'll be treated that way in return, if not.......................... please leave!!!

I agree with everyone, but things are changing and a younger group is starting to emerge. Some of them which are very childish and others very courteous. This is an unfortunate thing. The one thing positive I noticed about having newbies is that they are trying to revive the NSX spirit and get more group meetings and get together. Some of the things I don't like, is the attitude and neg. comments towards one another on the forum.

Prime is a very respectable forum and should strive to remain so. hMaybe some of the moderators should tighten up on those postings that are derogatory and demeaning. Block distasteful postings.

I have been reading & posting quite a bit lately.
Coined a phrase in another thread in regards to some new posters as
"Nick-Lash"
Quite a few new members joined during that period. :biggrin:
Hold on! LOL LOL:tongue:

I agree with everyone, but things are changing and a younger group is starting to emerge. Some of them which are very childish and others very courteous. This is an unfortunate thing. The one thing positive I noticed about having newbies is that they are trying to revive the NSX spirit and get more group meetings and get together. Some of the things I don't like, is the attitude and neg. comments towards one another on the forum.

Prime is a very respectable forum and should strive to remain so. hMaybe some of the moderators should tighten up on those postings that are derogatory and demeaning. Block distasteful postings.

Where do you draw the line on distasteful posting? Some might say this very thread should be deleted due to the title, but not me, I swear like a sailor because I am a sailor.

I've just read this thread in its entirety and I have to agree with those who disagree with each other...no one is wrong.

I'm youngish (31) and a relative newbie and I like the varied posts coming from new and old - it gives perspective. I do agree the trend is go big or go home and some of us like that sort of thing (I'm a hybrid - like the big wheels not so much a fan of street racing) and some of us don't.

Even though I'm half way around the world we have the same issues in our local car forum where there are some that love breaking every law out there for some personal reason. Some of us older guys say hey "if you want to become a statistic - go for it but we'll warn you first" and that's how Prime is as well.

Cudos to the OP back in 2006 to post this and it only means he/she cares for NSX Prime as most of us do. If someone posts something stupid let him/her do so and us members/contributors can only avoid posting (let it pass) or contribute to meaningful debate.

I'm still addicted to NSX Prime and love the site and hope to be here for many years...tolerance is where its at.

+4
I'll have to agree with Hiroshima completely. Hiroshima, Chromatose, and I have all been part of the NSX community for many years, and have met many great enthusiasts by following these guidelines. It is very sage advice that is listed below. The forums will be all the better for it if we can respect our fellow enthusiasts.

I agree. Chronological age isn't important. Mental age is!:smile:

edit: damn donkey!:biggrin:

Where do you draw the line on distasteful posting? Some might say this very thread should be deleted due to the title, but not me, I swear like a sailor because I am a sailor.

Also a good point, i was thinking the same thing.

p.s
I posted twice because the server crashed.:smile:

I don't understand what age and a lower entry cost has to do with immature postings. Have any of you read some of the things that are posted by 30-50 year olds on BMW, lexus, 350Z or the exotic sites? How about Auto Spies where 50 year olds sound like teenagers?

There are immature posters on every site and a poster should be judged on the content of the post not their age or the dollar value of their car.

I am only 22 and have been around a year i think...and do not own an nsx. However i try to remain mature and do not bash etc obviously because i respect the member here. I am a mechanic and heavy into performance and love this car. I came here to learn and contribute what little i do know back.

I had quoted another member, NSXaholic, on another thread and at the risk of sounding redundant, his thoughts seem appropiate here, too:

"Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and while we may not necessarily always agree with what our colleagues say, there is a manner and means by which to state our counterpoint politely and with dignity"

Charles

Amen....I am open minded, we all are from different cultures, backgrounds and countries. Some of the things we do in Atl, might seem stupid to people in Cali or Japan....

I love my car and I am guilty of adding some mods, radio, etc....For I love the NSX , but did want a lil more aggressive look and modern sound.

I have talked to people off the board, and several just don't post but only read for fear of being ripped a new one....I showed a pic of my car with a 20 inch rear wheel and got creamed. I am not a KID. I am a 35 yr old father of 3.

I tried it to see how it looked and went back to a smaller size. SO yes I am guilty of trying to make the car more modern.......most companies were running 14 and 15 inch rims when the NSX came out, but now you can buy a vette with 20inch rear, alpina, etc.......

All in all, I think people should lighten up some and enjoy life. I work hard and come here for info...Not to be called names or made to look like a fool. Sometimes people should just PM their thoughts.... I get mad sometimes, but I always come back.....YOu have to take the good with the BAd--Life!!!! But Please Respect Others....

Re: Grow up.

My friends and I have a saying...

"Take what you need and leave the rest."

"But they should never have taken the very best...

The night they drove old Dixie down."

Yeah, I love that song too. The Band was cool.

haas_1_dec_71.jpg

Back to the thread!

Last edited:
kinda' bothered me to think the "old" prime members are set in their ways and not open to change. If everyone was like this I guess we'd still have slaves.:redface: :frown:

Now THIS is the kind of twisted logic and loose cannon blathering that baffles me. How can you take what RPM posted and those you perceive as "old prime members" and THEN connect it to slavery?
It's a tacit way, perhaps unwitting, of suggesting they would tolerate and support such a state of affairs.
You may not agree with the fellow but you can do better than THAT.:rolleyes:

Well, on a practical level Prime hasn’t experienced any degradation in terms of knowledgeable support from fellow members. If you get stumped over a technical question, it is heartwarming to see what help comes out of the woodwork.
It ain’t necessarily so elsewhere, believe me. My NSX is pretty much done up the way I like it, so I thought I’d turn an eye toward my beater Civic. I have tried mightily to lurk those forums.
Oh. My. God. It takes 10 times as long to find anything useful in there, and then you have to cut through the jargon, acronyms, and complete ignorance of English usage. I spent hours in another forum yesterday trying to find basic info – and I give up. It’s next to useless. If I can’t get what I need from a manual I’ll just shell out to the dealer.
Believe me, Prime is a breath of fresh air.

I don't understand what age and a lower entry cost has to do with immature postings. Have any of you read some of the things that are posted by 30-50 year olds on BMW, lexus, 350Z or the exotic sites? How about Auto Spies where 50 year olds sound like teenagers?

There are immature posters on every site and a poster should be judged on the content of the post not their age or the dollar value of their car.
Good post.

Counter point here :
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14738243/?GT1=8506

This article meshes well with the issue of "younger folks" posting irresponsible things and just not giving a hoot about anybody else.

I think we can all agree on the premise that as you get older you tend to accumulate wealth. So, in general, those with more more money, tend to be older and therefore tend to treat others differently due .

In other words, the barrier of wealth/resources does add a lot of civility.

Drew
/damn FGT's are looking better everyday, even the wife was bugging me to "just go out an get one already!"

Anybody want me to kick Rog in the balls next time I see him?

Hehe...joke! J - O - K - E!

No, Rog, I havent stopped smoking.

My best advice. Be nice, have fun, ignore posts you dont care about. Hmmm...there's a saying...do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

Yup...pretty solid one there. Have a great day!

Rich

Well, on a practical level Prime hasn’t experienced any degradation in terms of knowledgeable support from fellow members. If you get stumped over a technical question, it is heartwarming to see what help comes out of the woodwork.

I can't even get help with oem nsx spring rates PAST 97 on regular nsx available in america. I get alot of the same answer, "go Type R" when I'd just like a little help because I believe I already formulated an answer to my situation. I'm sure it's not a new idea, but I do believe it's a GREAT idea mixing and matching front to rear oem springs to get the proper balance for a certain driver using cheap or free readily available parts built at OEM spec and quality.

So far the best information has come from the oldest members. They may offer a solution when you're trying to formulate one of your own but they also are willing to provide the exact bits of information you're seeking. While most new members will tend to repeat a common blanket statement they hear often used as a solution, ex. "Type R", "SOS", "Downforce", "Comptech". The best information I get still comes from a handful (5 roughly) members who are all in their 40-60's and Dali, oh and Danny the young racer lol. People talk down on Dali but that man is a WEALTH of information and my business goes to him first usually.

I was going to start a "new thread" today asking this same question, as I was absolutely blown away by a thread since locked (thank you Lud), asking us to post up our conquests, regrets for not having sex with someone, or near conquests. This is a car forum, we definitely all have other interests, and have much to share and contribute, but come on, we have degenerated to making 9th grade bathroom gossip, and creating polls on whether it's OK or not to refer to certain groups of people by using terminology that's just not appropriate in today's world. Whether it's Jesse Jackson or Don Imus, we have to accept responsibility for our words and actions. We all have our own individual prejudices, of that I'm sure, but be smart enough to keep them to yourself, NSX Prime is not the place to share them. Rant over.

I was on the phone (some of us older guys still even use "land lines") last evening with a fellow Prime Member, and inevitably the conversation moved to the fact that there are many "new" members (not a bad thing) that just like to "stir" things up (not necessarily a good thing). Many threads rapidly deteriorate into name calling, and worse. I've been here for a few years and recently it has gotten ugly. This is a public forum, but we're all guests here. Some of the "older" members (not age wise, but length of time on the forum), that have contributed regularly, and been great helps to many "noobies", are regularly dropping off the scene, it would be a tragedy to let this continue. Many owners have benefitted greatly by the willingness of one of the "Senior Members" willingness to go out of their way, spend their time and expertise to assist someone that they've never met. Yes alot of early, high mileage NSX are beginning to become available at very reasonable prices and entry to this great car is now achievable by a much larger population. Diversity is usually a good thing, but sometimes the "culture" of the previous participants moves in a different direction, not necessarily "wrong", but different. When you first come to "Prime" and "ownership", maybe you should post less, and observe more. It almost seems like maybe Lud should put a "probationary" period in place. I know that certain people have been "ejected" in the past, maybe we can avoid that by being a little bit more considerate, respectfull, and yes....mature.
I certainly have been guilty of breaking the law, and yes I was singled out (in my opinion, unfairly so), but I was speeding (and other cars were blowing past me), but the "yellow sports car" is an attractive target. If the PBA card I had with me was current, the officer would have let me off (my fault for not having a current one ), I hired a lawyer (first speeding ticket in over 20 years), had the charge and points reduced (not dismissed), paid my fine and attorney's fee, end of story. Some people need to take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming others. I apologize for being long winded, and "preaching", but this shit is just making me sick.

GROW UP!!!!
Since I resurrected my old thread (Nov 07), I thought that it might be beneficial to bring my first post of this thread forward, so that we could all see, that as much as things change, and time moves forward, things remain very much the same!

Last edited:
We all have our own individual prejudices, of that I'm sure, but be smart enough to keep them to yourself, NSX Prime is not the place to share them. Rant over.

Honestly, I agree with you...but it was in the "Off Topic" area, and well...it seems like basically anything goes. Perhaps Lud should rename it to be more specific, such as "Sober up before you post something stupid" area.

If you don't like it, don't go in there. The "off topic" area has become a lounge...have you read some of the posts in there?

Of course there is a line...but from the other car forums I visit, this is place is still reasonably tame.

NSX's are becoming cheaper, thus members are becoming younger. (read above posts about gathering wealth as you age) Youth does not always mean immaturity, but it often breads it.

Perhaps it's time for that F430? :)

Greetings

"And a time for every purpose, under heaven" -- this means that if you need to spend some money for a lawyer to keep you from paying even more, then go for it. Being sorry for speeding and hiring a lawyer to keep from getting fleeced are not related -- this goes to the original post.

"We do not stop playing because we grow old -- we grow old because we stop playing." You have to keep an open mind. Younger people learn by conversing with old people. They can't learn if you don't let them make mistakes. I have had a few unkind comments hurled at me here on prime, but I try not to get upset -- this is so that all of us listen to and mentor the next generation. This could be a 25 year old mentoring a 50 year old -- works both ways sometimes.

Remember "Your children get to pick your Old Folks Home".

Party on and keep the forum going.

Cheers,
Martin

So are you saying that we need to gentrify the NSX Prime neighborhood. Or just move to a more upscale neighborhood to avoid the riff-raff. Seems just like housing, a certain class of person is expected in the area and when those who are less than can move in, the originals move out. Hence, lets go buy an F-car and avoid those folks all together.

Gotta figure that by treating each other with dignity and respect that this neighborhood should be just fine. Diversity can be a good thing. But it takes a bunch of folks to practice what they preach to show the way.....Respectfully.....Steve :smile:

Very well said... *Grabs popcorn* :redface:

Greetings

"And a time for every purpose, under heaven" -- this means that if you need to spend some money for a lawyer to keep you from paying even more, then go for it. Being sorry for speeding and hiring a lawyer to keep from getting fleeced are not related -- this goes to the original post.

"We do not stop playing because we grow old -- we grow old because we stop playing." You have to keep an open mind. Younger people learn by conversing with old people. They can't learn if you don't let them make mistakes. I have had a few unkind comments hurled at me here on prime, but I try not to get upset -- this is so that all of us listen to and mentor the next generation. This could be a 25 year old mentoring a 50 year old -- works both ways sometimes.

Remember "Your children get to pick your Old Folks Home".

Party on and keep the forum going.

Cheers,
Martin

Then there is those times when you try very hard to teach and end up choking the pupil cause you are sick of wasting your time.

Back