• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what's the best subwoofer enclosure

guys, im still debating which subwoofer enclusure to get; SOS or something else. which one would you recommend ? just want a slight 'boom' inside the cabin, nothing drastic.

ZeToolman V3. No loss legroom and great sound. I didn't want the THUD THUD so you can tune it down to the perfect level suitable for you and it still sounds great.

ZeToolman V3. No loss legroom and great sound. I didn't want the THUD THUD so you can tune it down to the perfect level suitable for you and it still sounds great.

ZeToolman ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of V3s, I installed mine today. After chiseling off the original sub's mounting tabs, I'm left with some holes in the floor pan where the spot welds were. Do I need to fill these with a sealant?

Speaking of V3s, I installed mine today. After chiseling off the original sub's mounting tabs, I'm left with some holes in the floor pan where the spot welds were. Do I need to fill these with a sealant?

+1 for the V3...it rocks. My installer sealed the holes with silicone...aquarium stuff works.

Jeff

Sound quality AND output, go with V1 or V2 and a sub that works with the volume and depth. For no loss in leg space and good SQ, go with V3. All 3 are top notch in construction and work great with their respective subwoofers.

It depends on what kind of bass/thump you are looking for. I have an 8 inch powered sub in the footwell and very happy with it. I did that just that I don't need to mount a big amp behind the seat.

How is the sylora working out for you? There are a lot of people on prime who say that it looks like a terrible design, but I am curious to see what someone who actually owns one thinks.

Nick

works great! :biggrin:

If you need more bass, give me your NSX and buy another car:tongue:

Seriously,

It all depends what you want.

You could:
-make you whole trunk a sub
-take out the passneger seat and replace it with some 15's
-do nothing
-use zoolman's (I have a v3 from him, but I didn't want to re-arrange my footwell)
-use the sylora sub.

IMHO the sylora sub is a great compromise for me. There is bearly enough room for all of the other parts of a stereo upgrade. I didn't want to modify the car too much or loose trunk space.

here's my thread:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91077&highlight=stereo+upgrade+with+nav

Good Luck

Interesting. I already knocked out the brackets in my footwell- maybe I should have waited. My plan now is to make a fiberglass box for an 8" sub. Still not sure where to put the amp, though.

Nick

I have the sub from John Solora and the thing is awesome. The Zetoolman is great, but you have to chisel off the stock mounting points and remount the power steering module. With the one from John, you use the stock mounting points.

Here is my post.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103830

I went on the tax relief drive yesterday and had a few people listen to my system and the ALL said that the sub was great. It hits hard and it very tight.

since you already knocked off the brackets just find a v3. And I would mount the amp inside the cabin, easier to route wires to your speakers. Unless you want all you wires routed around the engine? I put mine behind the passenger seat.

The v3 always gets the best reviews here, but I don't know that I need that much volume. With enough power to run that thing right, I think I would have the bass turned way down to suit my music taste.

I've done some fiberglass work before, mostly on motorcycle fairings, so I was thinking of trying to make a box for an 8" sub. I doubt the finish will be as good as the z3, though.

Nick

my PDX is behind the drivers seat, and i built and enclosure for a flat pioneer 8 the other day while i was at work. even bolts in using a factory mounting hole from the previous enclosure. its not earth shattering but its more than ample for my tastes. i work in an audio shop and hear loud yuck all day every day, ill take clean over loud any day.

I don't really want to run the wires back to the trunk either. Passenger seat is where I was thinking of putting mine too, but is it really noticable? I can't imagine anyone really spends a lot of time looking behind their seats, but I want everything to look clean when I'm done.

Nick

V3 is the best for least room taken and best bass response. As for amp behind the seats, I recommend you focus on one behind the driver's seat so that the passenger seat is allowed to go ALL the way back. Typically, there is room behind the driver's seat to allow the amp to breathe.

Keep the mounting studs if you remove them. I was able to convert my NSX completely back to the BOSE system when I sold it. Being able to convert the NSX back to stock just allows you a larger buyer market if you decide to sell.

Good luck!
Shaun

A few days late to this, but my V3 is freaking sweet! It seems to hit hard. Sometimes, on some songs, I turn up the bass, raise the volume, watch my rear view mirror shake, and just bob my head! That's until someone pulls up to the light next to me, I then slowly lock the doors and turn down the music. :biggrin:

A few days late to this, but my V3 is freaking sweet! It seems to hit hard. Sometimes, on some songs, I turn up the bass, raise the volume, watch my rear view mirror shake, and just bob my head! That's until someone pulls up to the light next to me, I then slowly lock the doors and turn down the music. :biggrin:

I did that in my garage tonight....

I forgot how great the v3 is over the winter...!!!!!!

I have both the SOS and the V3. I took out the SOS unit and put in the V3. In regards to sound quality, I think that the SOS is smoother and more musical as compared to the V3. It could be that the V3 isn't tuned properly but it is definitey more boomy. The SOS seems to go lower. I am running Focal Utopia for the front with an Eclipse head unit and an Xtant x604 with the SOS sub, driving each coil separately and same setup except now an Xtant x603 with the V3. Will be changing the Focals to the Dynaudio 340 setup. I think that the SOS sounds better but changed because I didn't want to lose space since my carputer sit behind the passenger seat. My amp sits in the trunk in the tool kit space.
Tim

I have the Zetoolman Version 2 and Version 3. The difference is size and lot more bass out of the version2. Version 3 Takes less room but still adds bass to your music. Can't go wrong with either of them. Shameless plug but I have both for sale I only need one of the 2, I like them both so you pick the one you want I will make you a good deal if you want one pm me.

guys, im still debating which subwoofer enclusure to get; SOS or something else. which one would you recommend ? just want a slight 'boom' inside the cabin, nothing drastic.

I put lots of time and effort into making the sub options for the NSX. Now with 3 available versions, the V3 has been the most popular. But, the production has come to an end. :frown: I am down to the last couple of them, so, if you want the best sub for the NSX, get the V3 now! You do not need lots of power as it is a very efficient driver. Long through in design for a flat piston driver.

You do not need to fill what small holes are left as it is double walled!!

Interesting. I already knocked out the brackets in my footwell- maybe I should have waited. My plan now is to make a fiberglass box for an 8" sub. Still not sure where to put the amp, though.

Nick

Making your own can be great! But, with all the time, mess, damage to your car, just getting a pro done one is much easier! :biggrin: I am down to the last couple of the V3's so get yours while you can. You will not be sorry!!

You can always take it back to stock, but why would you want to??

Back