• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's your greatest NSX moment?

Fairly close to larry's best experience:

- driving an NA2 NSX-R around Suzuka. Although not at any great speed, it was an awesome experience.

- same day, talking shop with Shigeru Uehara and Nobuhiko Kawamoto (past president of Honda).

- AXing an NA1 NSX-R around a course at Suzuka in the rain.

Sigh, incredible trip.

Pheon$x you should have to post a moment for every NSX you own!!

NSXPO looks like a pretty amazing event. I need to make it to one for sure.

Lining up with over 100 NSX's on Laguna Seca for a parade lap =O). Got the wave around from a motorcycle cop so we proceeded to hit about 110 mph on the back straight.

DSC02949.JPG

This is a really good question. I'm drawing from my recent purchase and trying to decide if it was;

1. The 9 hour drive from NoCal the day I bought it.
  2. Super Car Sunday when I got together with 36 other NSX for some canyon carving after seeing 300+ F cars and Lambos
  3. Fixing my EPS rack (this memory can go to a lot of places!)
  4. Installing twin turbos and the performance the car now has
  5. Looking at the grin and wonderment on a 6 year olds face when he got to sit behind the wheel
  6. The looks, stares and people pointing at the car as I drive by
You know what, I don't know if I've had my best moment yet. But all of my moments to date have been pretty damn special.

The way that even after over a year of ownership and being able to see every little flaw, I still cant walk away without looking back at her when I park her. The sheer presence the car has, any day, every day, rain or shine. Best moment lately? a tunnel blast with windows down giving everyone an earful of sexy, sexy taitec GTLW symphony and watching all the heads snap clean off. :D

Including the day I picked mine up, there have been so many. But a couple come to mind. Like the day I took my NSX to a local car meet and parked it next to a Ferrari 550 Maranello and walked away to talk to other car owners only to return and see eight people standing around my car in discussion and no one paying attention to the F-car. Or... Making friends with owners of F-cars, Lambos and Porsches (cars that even in my childhood I couldn't imagine being around) and hearing them say one of the following:

"Don't sell that car whatever you do. Because I used to own one and I kick myself for ever giving it up."

" I have always wanted one of those"
And one time a friend said "my Ferrari IS better because your NSX WAS better."

Then there was my drive into Smoky Mtn Natl. Park on 441 with no other traffic on the road. The turns were tight and challenging and the many tunnels allowed me to hear that wonderful engine enhanced by Pride V2 exhaust scream. What a beautiful day.

Two on the top of my head.

1. Track day at Summit Point - my instructor took me on a ride in my nsx during the instructors track time. My bone stock - with spare and all - caught up and passed a 135i with race tires. :)

2. A honda civic was rubber necking next to me and hit the car in front of him. :(

1. During a track day, keeping it off the inside wall exiting Turn 16 onto the Sebring back straight, in the rain, after experiencing sudden understeer followed by snap oversteer as the rear tires hit the same slick spot the fronts had a split second earlier. Fast hands left, then immediately right to catch the tank-slap. Whew!

2. Doing the parade laps a few years ago with just under 50 NSXs just before the Sebring 12-hour as guests of Acura when Acura was running the prototype class. THAT was neat.

Strange to say, selling my first NSX was a great moment. The buyer had flown in from out of town. After the test drive we parked the car across the end of the driveway. We both looked back at the car and he commented that he could not believe it was his. We completed the sale and he headed for home 1800+ miles away, but not before a pedestrian passing hollered to him, "Hey, nice car mister!" I could not have been planned a better send-off.

On a rainy track day at the Texas Motor Speedway road course, watching a new red Corvette in my rear view mirror spin around twice and slide into the grass while my '91 NSX held the corner.

Great thread!

Mine: showing up at an Italian Car Day in my city where Little Italy is closed off to regular traffic but the gate people saw my NSX and waved me in (thinking I was in a Ferrari). I pulled in, redline her in a small tunnel section before leaving to the applause of all the spectators.

About a month after I bought my car in 2005, I took it on a solo road trip from Florida to Maine and back. Almost 2 weeks alone with the car, I drove the entire length of the Blue Ridge Parkway plus the Skyline Drive. Took hundreds of miles of back roads through New York, Pennsylvania, etc. Close to 4,000 miles total, when it was done. It was an awesome way to connect to my new car. I've been on a lot of road trips since then, but nothing can ever be like that first time.

The day it was unloaded from the transport. Happened to be the same day HOA was holding their biannual meeting across the street, overheard them discussing that I didn't need another red exotic sports car and I'm probably a drug dealer.

Now all I need is some friends to stop by for a few mins during odd hours of the night.

Buying my first 1998 in Georgia and driving it back up to Mass in January 2007. Stopped in Virginia at Hooters for lunch to find all the girls had come out to look at it. Had the targa off until I hit Philly. Made it home just in time before a snow storm...

After 11 and a half years of ownership, taking it to the track is still one of the best and greatest moments, I live only an hour and half away from Miller Motorsports park http://www.millermotorsportspark.com and Rocky Mountain Raceway www.rmrracing.com I have tried the autocross a few times but with the stock 5spd you are always in the wrong gear, redline in first isnt quite enough and then 2nd gear your out of vtech and too low of rpm.
The next greatest moment is when my 3 year old comes out to the garage and ask me to take him for a ride in my "little black car" as he calls it:biggrin: and then goes on to tell me that he is going to be a racecar driver when he grows up.

The day when magazine from Japan came over to shot picture of my nsx back in 2002. Back when 600 whp on a nsx was like 1000 whp now days.

Getting handed the keys to my new ride and taking off on a 1330 mile desert trip where I averaged 90 mph.

My first HPDE I found the car could gain on supercharged Z06s, BMWs and Cobra Replicas at every turn despite their ability to pull away on the straights. I never dreamed its handling and grip were so bullitproof till that day at the track. If I could have I'd have picked up the car and given it a big hug.
imagesCARUXU3W.jpg

Last edited:
Over new years I had parked my NSX in the parking garage at the resort my wife and I were staying at. As we were unloading the trunk, we packed light, a nice white car came up and parked on the other side of me. I knew there was only one side vulerable to dings because I parked up against a wall. The guy gets out and says " well I know you won't hit my car with that thing!" Then he asks me allllll about my nsx and how he wanted one. This guy was driving a Maserati Quattroporte.....
Not my greatest moment.....but for sure made me feel pretty awesome!

TRACK TRACK AND TRACK. other than the day I took delivery, there is no greater moment in an NSX that driving it fast where it belongs.

Well... There have been a date or two with a super hot...

Nah..... TRACK!!!!!!

Back