• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Once upon a time what won on Sunday sold on Monday...... but not so much any more.

That's because what races on Sunday bears almost no resemblance whatsoever to what you can buy at the dealer on Monday. :frown:

They really have lost touch with their customer base. Oh well.

I'm not sure Acura ever had touch with the U.S. customer- even for the Gen 1. I've been binging Best Motoring and Hot Version videos for the past few weeks (now that a lot more English content is available) and it is more and more evident to me that the Honda NSX customer in Japan had a vastly different experience from the Acura NSX customer in the U.S. Even today, Honda makes those Japanese owners feel very special through corporate events, track gatherings, Fiesta, etc. I haven't had that feeling at an Acura dealer since the early 90's. They treat you like you're driving a Toyota Corolla, no matter what you buy.

They are only joining the races they can win. Unfortunately, many of these races people don't care about.

Agree 100% People just don't care about racing anymore. Even NASCAR viewership is down. And why should they? Most of the cars being raced these days have almost no connection to the cars people can buy. They are tubed frame, carbon fiber technology demonstrators. They have computer aided everything- shifting, ABS, brakes, TCS. It's not exciting anymore- who wants to watch overpriced computers go round and round? It used to be you would watch a GT350 tear it up at Watkins Glen, or a 911 RSR do 12 hours at Spa, go to the dealer, and be able to drive that car (softened for the street) right off the lot. You had a connection to the racing and the marque. Can you imagine doing that today with a DTM car? Even Super GT has fallen off the wagon- the "NSX" you see on TV at Motegi is a tube frame shell identical to the Toyota and Nissan running with a 4-CYLINDER ENGINE IN THE FRONT. Really? Why on earth would I be motivated to show any Honda brand pride or desire to buy a NSX under those circumstances? Some of the lower sports car series still are fun, but those races aren't carried or viewed at the same rate. Sadly, because most people just don't care. The young, male car buyer these days is interested in technology and the Green New Deal. He would prefer if his car could drive itself, actually. He doesn't know what oversteer and understeer are, and doesn't care. He would scratch his head if he saw a clutch pedal, and wonders aloud what the point of racing is since "all the cars just drive in circles for 2 hours." How do you convince this person that he should buy a Camaro or a Mustang? A NC1? F1 is a joke these days- why even have drivers? The teams ask the drivers to drive like computers anyway, so why not just program everything into the computer and have a land-based version of the Drone Racing League? I'm 42 and I feel like I'm the last generation that understands any of this. I remember camping out at the Glen and watching the IROC races with my dad in the 1980's and watching him race in SCCA. We watched CART religiously, always rooted for the Andrettis, and pulled hard for the Ford Cosworth engines to beat Chevy. My kids? I don't know. They ADORE the NSX and loved the GT-R. They like to go fast and have expressed an interest in watching F1. They are riveted by Keiichi Tsuchiya tearing down the Gunsai touge in a NSX-R. But I'm not sure it will be the same. By the time they are driving age, most cars will be self drive electrics... Isn't it sad that I'm reluctant to show my son a F1 race because I'm afraid he'll be bored?

It is my understanding that the stock 3.5 L twin turbo engine in our street cars is also being used in the race cars. If so, that speaks pretty highly of the performance, and is something that Acura could certainly use for marketing purposes. But Acura seems to not want to market the car much......

I don't think Acura ever had a clear strategy on how to market the NC1. You totally could play off the race-bred Cosworth engine. Or, link directly to the GT3 Evo success and say you're buying pretty much the same car. You could go full nostalgia and hammer home the revolution that was NA1 and how it lives on in NC1. So many different ways and they did none. I wasn't sold on the NC1 originally, but with the MY19 changes I'm a fan. It's a fantastic car. It's a shame Acura never really wanted to tell anyone about it.

My servicing dealer is fantastic

If I want anything I just text the person assigned to me and he makes it happen

the corporate" beat that "commercial is an attempt to merge old with new and the racing program but it is low production value and derivative...imo

If those commenting on race wins understand how these GT3 races are run: balance of performance adjustments effectively equalizes vehicle performance. It's not really the cars that are winning, it's really the drivers. The Acura teams goes through 2 blocks per car every IMSA season. The AMG team gets 4x the mileage out of theirs.

Last edited:
If those commenting on race wins understand how these GT3 races are run: balance of performance adjustments effectively equalizes vehicle performance. It's not really the cars that are winning, it's really the drivers. The Acura teams goes through 2 blocks per car every IMSA season. The AMG team gets 4x the mileage out of theirs.
This is a forum for the NC1, and in the end it comes down to whether or not you are a fan of the NSX. I am! I owned two of the previous generation cars and believe the NC1 is really a great car. I don't need nor want your criticism of the car or brand especially if you don't own one or a competing car. Everyone has an opinion just like farts. Keep them to yourself. For all of the folks out there who feel the need to tell us how you would have done the job. Simple, if you can qualify, see if you can get the job and then generate enough support to make the decisions that most businesses have to make. Then we can judge whether you are a full failure or not.

I owned a loaded '16 NC1 and now a GT3RS, sounds like that qualifies my opinions then.
Yes, I agree your opinion counts. So why did you get out of your NC1 and into a 911 GT3RS? If I recall the GT3RS is a weight reduced race version of the GT3? Seems like two very different cars.

Yes, I agree your opinion counts. So why did you get out of your NC1 and into a 911 GT3RS? If I recall the GT3RS is a weight reduced race version of the GT3? Seems like two very different cars.
I had reliability and build quality issues with my NC1. The RS was just a faster version of a platform I had good experiences with before, so wanted to get back to something reliable with well fitted parts. Interior rattles from the NC1 would have annoyed me far less if they didn't do such a good job at cabin isolation. The pedal feel on the NC1 was also really iffy, pressure needed for threshold braking was never consistent on mine.

Based on my research, I think that the GT3RS is a GREAT car, no doubt about it. I talked to a fellow who had just bought one this past fall when I was at the track with my NSX and he said he paid $217K for his. Porsche guys who want one are willing to pony up that amount to have one. I do not think Porsche discounts them or drops $30K rebates for them either. I could not afford that much for a car, so I'll have to "settle" for my NSX........ The GT3RS is basically a track/race car that's street legal and I really don't think it would be a great daily driver. The GT2RS even faster but something like $400K? Maybe I'll own one someday. I never ever figured I'd own a supercar like my NSX, but that happened!

This is a forum for the NC1, and in the end it comes down to whether or not you are a fan of the NSX. I am! I owned two of the previous generation cars and believe the NC1 is really a great car. I don't need nor want your criticism of the car or brand especially if you don't own one or a competing car. Everyone has an opinion just like farts. Keep them to yourself. For all of the folks out there who feel the need to tell us how you would have done the job. Simple, if you can qualify, see if you can get the job and then generate enough support to make the decisions that most businesses have to make. Then we can judge whether you are a full failure or not.

Comments like this are what destroy forums and open dialogues. The implications of some of what you wrote is - you are entitled to your opinion as long as you agree with me or meet certain qualifications. I was here when Prime first started and even before that when we had list servers back in the mid 90's for owners to communicate and share experiences. I believe everyone that comes here range from someone who either love the car for everything it is....to liking the car but have some criticism or thoughts on how it can improved. This forum largely comprises of owners, former owners, prospective owners, dealers, mechanics, and car enthusiasts who truly want to learn more about the car - Good, bad, or ugly. The haters of this car do not hang out here. Some may have strong criticisms but don't take it for haters. Their words are no different than a parent critiquing their child because they love them and want them to do better. Or they could be the words of disappointed owners to share a difficult ownership experience after spending a large sum.

As an NSX owner and Honda enthusiast & advocate, let's keep the dialogue open for discussing one of our favorite cars so we can share experiences and opinions. The creator of Nsxprime chose to keep this forum open for all to share, regardless of their ownership status. Whereas the NSX facebook account exists for exclusive NSX owner discussion.

NSXPrimers may be doctors, mechanics, businessmen, lawyers, developers, or engineers in this industry. Let's keep Prime what it is for all to come and share experiences, thoughts, and opinion of the car we love, even if some of us find the NSX or dealership experience less then perfect.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss........I have learned my on line humility partly from prime......elitist "put your money were your mouth belongs "perspectives are just as suspect as the fires they think they are extinguishing.....:wink:

Comments like this are what destroy forums and open dialogues. The implications of some of what you wrote is - you are entitled to your opinion as long as you agree with me or meet certain qualifications. I was here when Prime first started and even before that when we had list servers back in the mid 90's for owners to communicate and share experiences. I believe everyone that comes here range from someone who either love the car for everything it is....to liking the car but have some criticism or thoughts on how it can improved. This forum largely comprises of owners, former owners, prospective owners, dealers, mechanics, and car enthusiasts who truly want to learn more about the car - Good, bad, or ugly. The haters of this car do not hang out here. Some may have strong criticisms but don't take it for haters. Their words are no different than a parent critiquing their child because they love them and want them to do better. Or they could be the words of disappointed owners to share a difficult ownership experience after spending a large sum.As an NSX owner and Honda enthusiast & advocate, let's keep the dialogue open for discussing one of our favorite cars so we can share experiences and opinions. The creator of Nsxprime chose to keep this forum open for all to share, regardless of their ownership status. Whereas the NSX facebook account exists for exclusive NSX owner discussion. NSXPrimers may be doctors, mechanics, businessmen, lawyers, developers, or engineers in this industry. Let's keep Prime what it is for all to come and share experiences, thoughts, and opinion of the car we love, even if some of us find the NSX or dealership experience less then perfect.
You make a very good point. The forum should be open to all who want to contribute. The question should be are you adding to our overall understanding. I have always come to this forum to better understand some aspect of the car. Whether it was to purchase a part, upgrade, or just learn about the car this is the place. What I find somewhat boring is hearing the same old opinion as to why the car is not more popular. I get it. The NSX was never going to be all things to all people. As for haters not hanging around, I am not so sure of that statement. There are those who lurk around waiting for an opportunity to share their misery. Really do we find that beneficial? I have had bad things happen with respect to cars. I just don't think that reliving a bad experience contributes to much of anything. I am all for making the NSX experience a better one. If you go back far enough you will see that when the NSX Forum was created there was in fact a purpose:

Attachments

• NSX Prime.jpg
    NSX Prime.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 588
Last edited:
yep no matter how smart and educated we are , it is so easy to fall prey to the "last word" forum syndrome...

In the current Convid-19 “national shut-down”, was wondering about production and deliveries along with NC1 selling/incentives? I guess this would apply to other manufacturers. What’s the prediction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since being released in Australia only 3 NC1 NSX's have been sold to private buyers about the same are owned by Honda dealer principals.

27th of March next week Honda will announce if they will leave Australia entirely below is a candid snapshot of why Honda has lost the plot over the last couple of decades.

One mistake was made in the video about the NC1 see if you can pick it.

March 2020 US sales

NSX 16 (Maybe the yellow color option is helping, but the number is still hopeless)
R8 97 for the quarter, that is pretty good considering the pandemic stricken market
Ford GT 79 for the quarter
GT-R 58
LC 56, 2 of which were hybrids

Last edited:
maybe platform sharing with Lambo is helpful in this segment.

Back