• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Very sad about the lack of adaptive cruise control.

Yah. Seems like a weird thing to say about a supercar, but the NSX (old and new) are supposed to stretch the supercar into everyday territory. This would align with that. And like any Honda/Acura with the HondaSensing/AcuraWatch you can probably get decent steering stuff (like the PilotAssist2 in [MENTION=6718]drmanny3[/MENTION]'s XC90) by adding a comma.ai with OpenPilot. Which other supercars have ACC and auto-steer?

Yah. Seems like a weird thing to say about a supercar, but the NSX (old and new) are supposed to stretch the supercar into everyday territory. This would align with that. And like any Honda/Acura with the HondaSensing/AcuraWatch you can probably get decent steering stuff (like the PilotAssist2 in @drmanny3's XC90) by adding a comma.ai with OpenPilot. Which other supercars have ACC and auto-steer?

Having adaptive cruise control would certainly make it more "everyday".

Having adaptive cruise control would certainly make it more "everyday".
While adding the safety stuff that is available today would be nice, thus far I find the car so entertaining to drive that I doubt I would want to put it in semi auto pilot. I do like having rear cross traffic alert, I do like blind spot monitoring, I do like semiautonomous features. The funny thing is that I never use the Volvo's ability to drive the lanes in a semiautonomous manner. Here is the current stuff that comes with the new 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S that starts at around $204k With all the adaptive cruise and other safety add on it drives the price up to $213k. I might have added a number of those items if I were purchasing the Porsche Turbo S new. No doubt, Porsche allows for a lot of options.

Attachments

• Porsche 911turboS.pdf
    84.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Porsche margins are quite high :)

Honda includes Honda Sensing as standard on Civics, I think they could leverage their R&D to economically add it to the NSX without adding too much weight or cost. Which would further their "everyday"ness story and make the car more appealing to me.
If they can offer a $3K carbon fiber option and $500 satellite radio option, I'm sure they could offer a $1500 "Sensing package" for the NSX if needed.

Anyone have a link on updated info of NC1 cars sold by color? Thanks.

...but the paint cure is a known issue...is the deficiency from perfect cosmetic ,computer related or mechanical?

Not cosmetic. It's the curing process which would be considered mechanical.

Last edited:
I just saw the video where the car is being rebuilt. I have many concerns. Well, make it shiny and everybody says 'Wow".
I watched the video that you posted. Not sure why you sound somewhat skeptical about the repair process. The guy in the video appears to have done a good job repairing and repainting the hood, fenders, and blending into the doors. He did not mix the base and clear as I have seen some do. He painted the base color and then followed up with the clear. He also replaced all the items inside the car that were safety related. He replaced the seatbelts on the driver side, the module as well as the knee bolster airbag. What are the many concerns that you have from the video posted?

Yah. Seems like a weird thing to say about a supercar, but the NSX (old and new) are supposed to stretch the supercar into everyday territory. This would align with that. And like any Honda/Acura with the HondaSensing/AcuraWatch you can probably get decent steering stuff (like the PilotAssist2 in [MENTION=6718]drmanny3[/MENTION]'s XC90) by adding a comma.ai with OpenPilot. Which other supercars have ACC and auto-steer?

Openpilot only works as a piggyback off existing ACC/LKAS equipped cars unfortunately. It takes over being the eyes and brains of the system only. It works amazingly well in my Clarity tbh.

Honda should have included at least ACC in the new NSX. I mentioned this as my opinion way back in 2017. It's not much more in hardware. They finally included it in the 2020 CTR

I watched the video that you posted. Not sure why you sound somewhat skeptical about the repair process. The guy in the video appears to have done a good job repairing and repainting the hood, fenders, and blending into the doors. He did not mix the base and clear as I have seen some do. He painted the base color and then followed up with the clear. He also replaced all the items inside the car that were safety related. He replaced the seatbelts on the driver side, the module as well as the knee bolster airbag. What are the many concerns that you have from the video posted?

FYI The vid was a repost. I was not the original person to post it.

I'll delete my comment. I'll go back to biting my tongue.

BTW your screen name, are you a physician?

Last edited:
FYI The vid was a repost. I was not the original person to post it.

I'll delete my comment. I'll go back to biting my tongue.

BTW your screen name, are you a physician?

Part of being a Gen2 owner is you cannot say anything bad about anyone or negative about a Gen2 . Trust me. :D

I wonder how they arrive at that number. I ordered March 31 and put down my deposit April 2.My car is not slated yet. Am I in such a statistic or does the car have to be started?

The monthly number I refer to reflect sales (or leases) delivered to customers.

Nothing to do with the number of orders on the books or cars produced in a given month.

FYI The vid was a repost. I was not the original person to post it.I'll delete my comment. I'll go back to biting my tongue. BTW your screen name, are you a physician?
Hey now that you actually own one, you can say anything you want. Chemist

Putting together all the rumors about the next update to the NSX being for the '21 model year, and the public declarations that there will be a Type-S variant of all models, I'm feeling fairly confident that we'll see a decently significant refresh next year.

Well you were there...see any Type S badges lying around:biggrin:

Well you were there...see any Type S badges lying around:biggrin:

Ha-ha... no! I gently pried for info but they wouldn't even tell me what the new 2021 color will be. The only advance info I *would* have had was on the PMC edition RDX, but the embargo on that was lifted the very same day we were there. Sorry!

Back