• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

A bit more detail this month

US Sales

NSX June 2021 16 vs 10 in June 2020

NSX YTD 2021 60 vs 55 in 2020

LC 500 June 2021 280 vs 63 in June 2020

LC 500 YTD 1575 vs 415 in 2020

LC Hybrid June 2021 3 vs 0 in June 2020

I have had a blast in my LC 500 convertible.

It is clear that that market has picked up considerably this year for the LC due to the availability of a convertible.

CarGurus shows 304 new LC 500s in the US, 282 convertibles and 22 coupes. Lexus pretty much shifter production in favor of the open top version (for now).

Audi R8 208 for Q2 so about 70 per month.

Last edited:
The LFA also flopped.

A 72 mile on the clock example just sold on BAT for $808K.

We have fun with our NSXs, lots of fun.

The low volume is too bad for Honda. They also somewhat deserve this for putting Turd in charge of the program and not being sufficiently committed to being a supercar company.

The LFA also flopped.

A 72 mile on the clock example just sold on BAT for $808K.

We have fun with our NSXs, lots of fun.

The low volume is too bad for Honda. They also somewhat deserve this for putting Turd in charge of the program and not being sufficiently committed to being a supercar company.

The car may be a turd for many reasons, but there is one big factor that they missed the mark on. Customer expectations and customer service. When you have a customer that is willing to pay $100k+ for a halo vehicle, you need to know how to treat them. Go into any Crapcura dealer and you are treated just like an ILX owner. They are not ready to enter the upper echelon of the car market.

I would say the dealer I purchased from was great.

Many of the shops I visited or spoke with prior to finding my purchasing dealer were less than great, some just didn't have a build slot available and I don't count that against them.

Thankfully Napleton pissed me off and I went elsewhere, some folks here weren't so lucky.

I have used 2 different dealers and they both did great work and treated me like a VIP..... ALL Acura dealers are not incompetent.

I too have had some really great interactions with Acura Dealerships leaving me feeling special and appreciated. I was in sales for many years and found that sometimes customers were taken for granted because (believe it) of existing long term relationships. They were not seen as new and in need of cultivation or special treatment. So when they complained about something they were often ignored or answered in a way that left them upset. When you lose a customer you realize how difficult it is to try and win them back. So bottom line, never lose your customer.

Having said that, there were times when keeping a customer was caustic to the organization. Often low margin, yet demanding all the attention, sometimes you have to let them go for the greater good. Bottom line, make specific decisions rather than allow things to just happen.

The interesting pattern to me is that sales of the first-generation NSX peaked in Year 2 of production (1991) at 1,940 units, and the second-generation NSX sales also peaked in Year 2 (2017) with 581 units. So, how do we account for the fact that the first generation sold about four times as many units at the same point in the product life cycle? Could it be price? With inflation, the two generations are almost the same in price. A $90,000 NSX in 1991 would cost $178,000 in 2021 dollars. Was there simply less competition in the supercar market in 1991? Maybe, but all the major players that are around now (Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes) were around in 1991 and churning out beautiful, fast cars. Or, was there something so groundbreaking and stylistically unique about the first-generation NSX that made them stand out from all other competitors, while the same is not true of the second-generation cars? I don't know the answer, but you can bet Acura spends a lot of time thinking about the question.

This was the Napleton who was in charge of the dealership that I was loyal too fir almost 20 years. This happened right around the time I was having most of the problems with my Lemon. So let's not try to insinuate that I was the source of the problem.

Remember, shit runs down hill and there was extremely poor leadership at Crapletons Crapcura.

https://cbs12.com/news/local/dealership-manager-accused-of-raping-woman-at-hotel-in-west-palm-beach

Here's another article about how much a scumbag this Napleton guy was. He was directing another dealership to blow up engines to get warranty claims from Hyundai.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/...m-refusal-to-testify-in-boss-sex-assault-case

Last edited:
This was the Napleton who was in charge of the dealership that I was loyal too fir almost 20 years. This happened right around the time I was having most of the problems with my Lemon. So let's not try to insinuate that I was the source of the problem.

Remember, shit runs down hill and there was extremely poor leadership at Crapletons Crapcura.

https://cbs12.com/news/local/dealership-manager-accused-of-raping-woman-at-hotel-in-west-palm-beach

Here's another article about how much a scumbag this Napleton guy was. He was directing another dealership to blow up engines to get warranty claims from Hyundai.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/...m-refusal-to-testify-in-boss-sex-assault-case

Your so funny, I was not suggesting that you were an ass hole and deserved the shit treatment you got. I was saying that often familiarity sometimes results in people not paying the attention they should. Kind of like how you might treat your brother or cousin versus how you might treat a new friend. The dealership should have taken care of you regardless of how loyal you were by buying your cars from them. Acura may have been told things by the dealership that made you look like the problem. What ever transpired it is history now. I wish everything could go back to zero and you find the car you like and a dealership that values you.

The early NSXs sold for around $60,000 MSRP. They climbed to $89,000 in the end. The early NSX was a paradigm shift. I love my 2017 but it does not change things in the same way as the earlier car. There are many more substantial cars to compete this time around. And let’s face it $60,000 is not the same as $206,800 which was the MSRP on my 2017. Statistics is not a Democracy in how it impacts us. In 1990 I made over $125k in salary. I don’t currently make $415,00 per year now.

I had been pointing out my issues with the dealership group back in 2016

Plus I still say you are responsible for moving from friendly MA where all the Acura dealers are great to felonious FL.

I had been pointing out my issues with the dealership group back in 2016

Plus I still say you are responsible for moving from friendly MA where all the Acura dealers are great to felonious FL.

I was up in Maine and Boston two weeks ago. I'll tell you, I do miss the scenery and great summer weather. But there is no way I could survive another winter ever again.

I'm surprised Napleton would feel the need to provoke Hyundai engines to fail. If I had one of their 1.5L turbos (which I wouldn't), it would be parked nowhere near my house, let alone in the garage. Whenever there is a car fire around here it is almost always one these treasures spontaneously combusting.

[MENTION=3821]DocL[/MENTION], I was waiting for a "Napelton's Crapstacular Acura" reference...but you left it hanging! LOL I also miss the green and water of New York State.

I will say that the Acura dealers here in Colorado are not that great. Not bad, but basically like going to a Chevy store at this point. Nothing about the experience says luxury or performance. I feel like cars are becoming more of a commodified appliance versus 30 or 40 years ago, where different brands had very unique experiences. Today, they all use the same computer modules inside the cars. The 6R80 transmission in my F-150 is the same one as in a Chevy Silverado, etc... GM just announced they are going to build an EV for Honda and Acura. "Brand" means a lot less. 30 years ago, "brand" meant you were buying a car. Now, it just means you're buying a name and metal shell.

Oil change at a new dealer for me today. New(er) building and it was fine. The service advisor was prompt and knew the car. He invited me to the shop to look at a 93 grad prix white/black and an 02 silver. That white one brought back memories. Nice guy. Done in less than two hours. Didn’t feel luxurious and didn’t feel cheap either. Decent place, plenty of space to separate.

My closest dealer that lost their tech is in an older building that’s land locked and everything is cramped. Out in South Dakota the Ford/Lincoln dealer moved to a huge lot and that place feels palatial. The service bay is huge - rightfully so with folks driving Raptors and F-450s.

I enjoyed buying my Tesla. Went to the Tesla store in Coral Gables on a whim. A nice young lady let me take out a Model 3 and do rapid acceleration runs. I bought one the next day. 50,000 miles later I haven't regretted it. I have a Gen 1 and Gen 2 NSX that I love, but the Tesla is my daily driver. Completely different driving experiences. One is high performance and dramatic. The other is high performance and zero drama. Kind of hard to ignore that the new Plaid series is the quickest car in the world. Full stop.

I will say that the Acura dealers here in Colorado are not that great. Not bad, but basically like going to a Chevy store at this point.
I'm also in Colorado. I get treated significantly better at my local Honda dealer than I have the several times I've tried to do business with Acura sales/service in the last decade. Plus with there being more Honda dealers, there is one near me. ~5 minute drive, free shuttle back home if I don't want to wait. If I want to skip the drive/shuttle they'll send someone in a loaner car to leave with me and pick up my Honda for service. With nearest Acura dealership a 45-minute drive away (in good traffic) the experience goes downhill fast even if they have the same pro-customer-experience mindset. I get the branding reason to separate Acura from Honda, but it is definitely a hurdle for potential customers who are not near an Acura dealership (but have Honda, BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Audi, Volvo, Toyota, and all the domestics just down the street).

Back