• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are the DFW NSX owners?

I moved here in September and I think there was one attempt to get together but nothing came of it. I am up for a gathering but so far I have been out with some Porsche guys. I would go to the ferrari clubs toys for tots run this weekend but we will be in Houston this weekend.

I moved here in September and I think there was one attempt to get together but nothing came of it. I am up for a gathering but so far I have been out with some Porsche guys. I would go to the ferrari clubs toys for tots run this weekend but we will be in Houston this weekend.

My car is in for paint right now but i should have it back in Jan and would love to get together with some other DFW owners. I am really suprised that DFW doesnt have a larger NSX presence since the "metroplex" has so many more people than either Houston or Austin.:confused:

My car is in for paint right now but i should have it back in Jan and would love to get together with some other DFW owners. I am really suprised that DFW doesnt have a larger NSX presence since the "metroplex" has so many more people than either Houston or Austin.:confused:

It would be great to get something regular started, maybe after the first of the year. In each place I have lived, there really hasnt been anything established and I thought the group would be stronger in the "metroplex" as well. I have seen an 02+ LBBP and 02+ Silverstone while driving around but they were going the opposite direction, so I know there are some out there.

I am really suprised that DFW doesnt have a larger NSX presence since the "metroplex" has so many more people than either Houston or Austin.

Hard to believe that NSXPO was held there only 5 years ago and the community has dwindled.

numeros...

I am really suprised that DFW doesnt have a larger NSX presence since the "metroplex" has so many more people than either Houston or Austin.:confused:
Some interesting data...

Houston...
city: 2.1 million
metro: 5.5 million

San Antonio...
city: 1.3 million
metro: 1.9 million

Dallas...
city: 1.2 million
metro: 6 million

Austin...
city: 0.7 million
metro: 1.5 million

El Paso...
city: 0.6 million
metro: 0.7 million

Re: numeros...

Yeah very few people actually live in Dallas but the "Metroplex" has a huge population and is the fastest growing area in the country. I wonder what citys your "Metro" data covers? Because Fort Worth and Denton and their burbs are also part of what makes up DFW and it takes less than an hour to drive from one side of DFW to the other.

With all these people and most of the growth being the younger crowd you would think we would have more NSX owners representing.:confused:

I would be up for an event, but my NSX was side-swiped recenty and will be in rehab for about three months. Damage was minimal but one of the aftermarket parts being replaced (side skirts 'GRF Sidestep') must come from Japan, via boat. Until then...

I'm in Plano

Balck/Black 98 T with I-forged wheels, JIC coilovers, ARK quad tip exhaust..
attachment.php

ACD

Attachments

• small drive nsx 2b.jpg
    small drive nsx 2b.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
the "Metroplex" has a huge population and is the fastest growing area in the country

You're right on the first count but wrong on the second. Phoenix and the Maricopa valley is growing faster and passed Dallas a few years ago.
I am not sure how many are legal, however...

the "Metroplex" has a huge population and is the fastest growing area in the country

You're right on the first count but wrong on the second. Phoenix and the Maricopa valley is growing faster and passed Dallas a few years ago.
I am not sure how many are legal, however...

I was just quoting a recent survey i saw on Yahoo about 3 months ago. I bet we have just as many illegals hiding under the radar as you do. My last job was at a staffing firm and i would say about 80% of our applicants had bogus id's.:eek:

man i live in plano (park and coit area) and ive seen 3 nsx driving to and from work. Silver one on tulane and park, small office buildings by chevron. 2 red ones: 1 driving on plano pkwy and los rios and 1 driving on coit and park.

still trying to get the $$ to get one myself

I bet we have just as many illegals hiding under the radar as you do

Actually, I am part of the "we" group now as I returned to Texas after 11.5+ years in AZ.
That aside, I beg to differ. Arizona has been inundated by these parasitic invaders as the Tucson sector is the source for half of all illegal aliens entering the US. That fact coupled with a large degree of complacency in enforcing existing laws have allowed these people to literally run free with no fear of the authorities. Witness the 17 year old freshman at Catalina HS who was busted with a load of pot, and reported for deportation by the TPD. Following this, there were loud angry protests by those who were so offended by the enforcement of criminal/immigration laws. Reprtedly over 100 students and others marched from the school to the police station. The Police Department's response? They will no longer enforce these laws. In Contrast, I recall seeing where Irving has now adopted a rather tough approach to illegals. Just today I heard of a Border Patrol agent who was shot at in his Tucson home; coincidence, mistaken identity? I don't think so.

The schools in Southern AZ are FILLED with these new American 'citizens' and have little or no inclination of integrating them into the US fabric, but rather embracing the Mexican culture ahead of our own. I recall even seeing a full size Mexican flag on display in the office of a junior high school. When I asked the nurse where the Stars and Stripes was located, she said "There ain't one in here".
Beyond the schools. the social welfare systems are enrolling their parents for WIC, AFDC food stamps and any other taxpayer funded handout faster than a bored and stroked CTSC NSX with NOS on a cold day.
I am confident the numbers are not insignificant in Texas, but the approaches and attitudes are a wonderfully stark contrast to the masses who aid and abet these illegal aliens in Arizona. Additionally, the stress on the health care system is unreal. Hospitals in AZ are shutting down faster than Krispy Kremes as the illegal child with the sniffles gets the finest medical care the taxpayers can afford just like when his illegal mama crossed just as her water broke. I realize this too is not only in AZ. I recently had a 15 year old female patient who is and most likely will be forever a ward of the state as she was brain damaged in some incident as a child requiring brain surgery. Her mother was dead and her father fled to Mexico to escape drug charges, leaving her for the state to deal with. That is a shame, and truly awful. But a state like Texas has a much larger population and tax base to absorb a financial burden incurred like that. AZ is less populated with taxpayers and more heavily populated with tax burdens as a percentage, which is only expanding, every day.
It is nice to be back in Texas.
I will get off my soapbox.

I would be up for an event, but my NSX was side-swiped recenty and will be in rehab for about three months. Damage was minimal but one of the aftermarket parts being replaced (side skirts 'GRF Sidestep') must come from Japan, via boat. Until then...

Sorry to hear of the damage...

Hope to see ya on the streets soon

acd

1992 Custom paint Midnight Blue 150,000 mile daily driver in uptown Dallas

SOS 3.8 rebuild as well as other mods

Looking for a double din unit that looks like it was made for our car

Thom, sorry to hear about the damage man! That really sucks! I have been very afraid of getting hit since bringing my car back to Dallas.

We may not have the most illegals, but we have a butt load of stupid drivers here. Just this weekend, I had some kid in a ricer civic try to run me off the road while traveling on G.W.B.. Not to mention the daily hassle of avoiding every Plano wife in her Navigator, Escalade, Land Rover, or Cayenne that is unable to put down her phone for 5 min and check for oncoming traffic before pulling out onto the road.

From the response to this thread, it looks like we a have a decent Dallas following. Any ideas for a meeting spot? I think NSXCA used to meet at Starbucks on MacArthur and I635. Anyone interested? I will be willing to show up at any event as long as it's less then an hour drive from N.Dallas and it's not raining.

Not to mention the daily hassle of avoiding every Plano wife in her Navigator, Escalade, Land Rover, or Cayenne that is unable to put down her phone for 5 min and check for oncoming traffic before pulling out onto the road.

This warms my heart .. I am NOT the only one with this same issue:)

ACD

Attachments

• homer scream small.jpg
    homer scream small.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 42
I am definatley watching every angle I can to anticipate sudden lane changes from those who don't or may not see me. I figure if they are almost hitting me in our SUV then in the NSX it would be worse.

As far as meeting places, I am new to the area so I will meet wherever is needed.

... Not to mention the daily hassle of avoiding every Plano wife in her Navigator, Escalade, Land Rover, or Cayenne that is unable to put down her phone for 5 min and check for oncoming traffic before pulling out onto the road.

2nd that! I was hit by an idiot woman driving a SUV being helped/navigated by a dumb broad in the passanger seat; 2nd one tells her to go straight in a turn left only lane (inside turn lane) while I was turning in the outside turn left lane. CRUNCH!

Back