• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where Do You Keep Your NSX (if not at home)?

All,

Do any of you keep an NSX or other high-line car someplace other than your home? Can you share what you are doing?

In my situation, I do ok; but it's most economically advantageous to own a home that's zoned for mixed use. That leaves me with outside gated parking in a not so good area.

I have the means to get a great car, but it has to be in a safe location. I am rather infatuated with the NSX and want to get one as soon as I have a reasonable strategy around where to keep it, which is why I am asking this crew.

Why don't worry bout getting a nice safe place first before u get a car.

Kinda reminds me of some friends back when I was younger in Chicago
They spent all their money on their rides but lived in a crappy apt in a bad location. Cars come and go and most depreciate.

Z

Thanks for your advice, but I have no desire to have a traditional house with a garage. I prefer mixed use zoned lofts because they align to other strategies that are important for me. I am considering some commercial properties where I can store things, car included; but the reason I posted is to hear from people in my situation who keep a car off-site to get ideas.

Mine is a QUEEN in the garage....

As for a friend I know, he didn't care much as to what happens to his NSX. Daily beater! All he care is the car is FULLY insured and hope that if someone takes it, just total it. :biggrin::biggrin:

Yep!

All,

Do any of you keep an NSX or other high-line car someplace other than your home? Can you share what you are doing?

In my situation, I do ok; but it's most economically advantageous to own a home that's zoned for mixed use. That leaves me with outside gated parking in a not so good area.

I have the means to get a great car, but it has to be in a safe location. I am rather infatuated with the NSX and want to get one as soon as I have a reasonable strategy around where to keep it, which is why I am asking this crew.

Don't know where you are (I'm in S. Marin)...

http://www.sausalitoclassiccarstorage.com/

Thanks for your advice, but I have no desire to have a traditional house with a garage. I prefer mixed use zoned lofts because they align to other strategies that are important for me. I am considering some commercial properties where I can store things, car included; but the reason I posted is to hear from people in my situation who keep a car off-site to get ideas.

Not to be nosy but what the heck is a mixed use zoned lofts? Are you saying you live in a warehouse or something?

I think you will find most people here have homes and garages.

My case is unique since we have multiple homes and own a shop so store some cars there.

I find it silly to have to pay rent at a storage place just to own a nice car but that my opinion.

Just get a storage garage unit. I put my house up for rent so we could do some downtown living so I stuff my ITR in a secure storage unit, it's only $150 a month.

Not to be nosy but what the heck is a mixed use zoned lofts? Are you saying you live in a warehouse or something?

I think you will find most people here have homes and garages.

My case is unique since we have multiple homes and own a shop so store some cars there.

I find it silly to have to pay rent at a storage place just to own a nice car but that my opinion.

OP, have you not considered this strategy? If so then you're clearly not good enough for an exotic Honda.

Last edited:
>Not to be nosy but what the heck is a mixed use zoned lofts? Are you saying you live in a warehouse or something?

Exactly. A very nice warehouse.

>I think you will find most people here have homes and garages.

Most people everywhere have homes and garages. And then there's the rest of us...

>My case is unique since we have multiple homes and own a shop so store some cars there

I think I have you beat on the unique thing.

>I find it silly to have to pay rent at a storage place just to own a nice car but that my opinion.

I find it silly to confine myself to small divided rooms that I can't do anything in as opposed to having 4.3k sq ft of open space to do everything I want professionally and personally. ...But that my opinion.

For the couple of people that are confused - many successful people are in high rises or lofts or other assorted live/work zoned areas. Optimal parking for a high end car does not always come with the territory unfortunately. Lots of little companies in Silicon Valley started or continue to run in such an environment. My zoning is really flexible and I can have employees on prem (ahem, all one of her!). It's win/win. I run a business and can write a lot of the space off, live in a cool place that the ladies are always impressed with, lots of open space, and I do my sr management job that funds the start-up during the day. It's great for some people, not for others.

For the folks who responded and PM'd me with ideas - thanks a lot - I appreciate the help - that's what this place is all about.

I like the idea of living in a warehouse. How do you avoid sound echoing? How do you separate living spaces? How do you heat/cool the large area?

Any pics?

Back