• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which car would you likely have right now if the NSX didn't exist?

Got my C7 on Friday. It kicks ass!! Lime rock green / brownstone with red calipers. Huge, huge upgrade over the '10 Grand Sport C6 i had before.

Jensen Interceptor
jensons2_opt.jpg

For me the NSX fits into my line-up as the "sports car". Cayenne TT-S for DD so the NSX is at the other end of the spectrum.
In that light a GT40 replica in Gulf livery would probably be in the garage instead.

I am 99% sure a R8 Spyder or a Ferrari would be in my stable otherwise......

P.S. I went back through and read some of the replies in this thread and thought I'd add my 2 cents, a few of the cars mentioned such as the e46 m3, 997, GTR, e92 m3, s2000, etc are all nice cars in their own category but certainly not a competitor to the NSX by any means. Closest may be the s2000 but I've owned over a dozen s2000's of every year and color, they will never be an NSX!

I loved my e46 m3, it's a true epic car from BMW and probably the last true M-car IMO, the e92 m3 is nice but too luxurious and a fat pig to be considered a driver's car. I DD a e90 m3 with two baby seats, it's ok to cruise but definitely not the car I would grab the keys to if I was going out by myself for a drive nor do I consider it a driver's sports car.

GTR is another fat pig, I don't care how fast that car is, with the auto tranny it's so boring to drive. I don't want to offend GTR owners but even many owners admit to me that the car is so fast but boring since it's the car doing the driving not the person.

I think the 997 GT3 is the "closest" competitor to the NSX in 9/10 aspects. This is how good I rate the NSX in terms of an overall fun car. I know it will never beat a GT3 on the track but it's probably the most fun you can have legally on 4-wheels without spending silly money (anything over $150k).

My s2000's are fun cars and would usually be my first choice for going out for a nice fun drive. Least maintenance, most bang for your buck, and if you are driving my supercharged s2k, it's probably capable of keeping up with most stock NSX's :)

Would love to hear other people's opinions on this too so chime in!

Last edited:
I absolutely hate saying it but I'd likely have a FD RX-7...or a 930 Turbo.

Evora S for me... Seems to encapsulate a LOT of what I love about my NSX. There has been some discussion in my house of selling the NSX in a few years for a newer model S... We'll see.

I agree with tstruyk, in reality, the Evora S captures a whole lot of what we love about the NSX, except for reliability and to some looks, but even then it uses a Camry engine so how bad can it be. The car is light weight, mid engine, comfortable ride, mechanical, V6 powered, exclusive, well balanced, etc etc. it's the NsX of today.

Which car would I likely have right now if the NSX didn't exist???

I have no idea!

Likewise! If NSX's had never existed and didn't draw me in with that halo effect of reliability & performance & understatement & non-depreciation & low running costs that make it such a slam dunk, then I guess I'd have lemming'd my way towards a 4-5 year old white Cayman S. I'm the type for whom cost *is* a factor and there has to be some type of unique factor in play, so at least with the IMS bearing issue hopefully straightened out, I'd hope for relatively decent reliability and depreciation and running costs at that point. Then I could fully enjoy the cayman's quirky good looks (similar to the nsx). This is good mental exercise, should NSX's become cancer-causing or illegal or completely off limits suddenly lol.

Last edited:
2013 Boss 302, satisfying some irrational attraction imprinted on me as an impressionable 15-year-old having first seen the original 1970 version so long ago.

I'm here for the mid-engine, but I'm also a broke-ass, so it would most likely have to be an MR2.

Too bad BMW didn't import the e46 M3 CSL. That'd be great NA car to track and hoon.

My thoughts exactly ~ I have Prior's catalog from SEMA last year and agree it's one of the best body kits for the R8. On top of that they are located in my hometown near Chicago so one of these days, I will have to visit them :)

That looks better than most F-cars IMO

Evora S for me... Seems to encapsulate a LOT of what I love about my NSX. There has been some discussion in my house of selling the NSX in a few years for a newer model S... We'll see.

I have the evora (not an S though), and it's true. Lot of similarities between the evora and NSX, though I absolutely love the lack of power steering on the '91. If my NSX had power steering I'd imagine they'd be even more similar..

The NSX has the evora beat 100x over in terms of rear/blindspot visibility, though. :)

I would take the C7 for a brand new car, but a used C6Z06 with tons of miles so I can get it cheaper and use the $$$ to build a higher compression engine with as much smog legal engine mods for an all engine experience.

This would allow me time to wait for the C7 Z06 that is suppose to come out.

Of course I could do this with a LS7:

6052_1127914196400_817540_n.jpg

6052_1127914236401_8305950_n.jpg

149357_1581655419647_1992531_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back