• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which exhaust should i get?

What's the best exhaust between Taitec FN-09 and SOS Endura lite ?
Sound ?
Performance ?
Weight ?

Sound is bias. Depends on what you like....Deep throaty or Higher pitched sound.

Sound: FN-09
Performance: You are not going to gain much for an exhaust. Just for sound. Maybe gain more from a SOS Endura Lite.
Weight: SOS Endura Lite

RF Yamamoto. I picked up the one from the FS section and in my opinion its one of the best sounding exhausts and insanely light.

I LOVE my GTLW and I would only trade up for the STMPO Messiah. Also, I heart booming drone, I don't know why everyone complains about it. The girlfriend bitches about it, but who cares what she wants!

It all depends on what style of driving you have. I prefer one with Zero Drone™. :)

It all depends on what style of driving you have. I prefer one with Zero Drone™. :)

Hehe, sorry if I erupted in frustration earlier. I've read so many threads about the drone issue and never said a peep, but I never saw anyone have the same opinion so I thought I would speak up. I guess I want mine as aggressive as possible, which is what I like about the Messiah system --it's got the exact same melody and tone of the GTLW with a little more swagger. "Different strokes for different folks". Oh, I also love the tubi --forgot about that one. Except that it's like 30+lbs which is pretty heavy, especially when it's beneficial to lose weight in the rear end of the car.

Last edited:
First time I've heard a GTLW in one of the meets, I knew what my next exhaust is going to be. I love the throaty sound and even in idle it sounds really good. This is ofcourse a personal opinion as I tend to like the throaty/deep (not too deep though) more so than raspy. My comptech exhaust is on the raspy side.

I've heard a lot of exhaust videos here, granted that actual sound may be different in person but most sounds very raspy and loud. On the other hand, the GTLW videos sound very close to what I can remember (including the posted video on top).

Nim

I have the ARC Titanium. No drone, sounds decent enough for me... :redface:

my personal fav'...

RF Yamamoto. I picked up the one from the FS section and in my opinion its one of the best sounding exhausts and insanely light.

Is this the one you got (formerly known as GT-Design Int'l GT-Xtreme, now known as RF Yamamoto GT-Exhaust Ver1)?

http://www.rf-yamamoto.com/products_nsx/p_nsx_2.html

http://www.rf-yamamoto.com/products_nsx/exhaust_ver1.html

Vid-1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=JP&feature=channel_page&hl=ja&v=1qXeQviSBsA
Vid-2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=JP&feature=related&hl=ja&v=FESa-vGaXAc

I have the BEST exhaust for the NSX.

Here's my exhaust 100% custom made to MY requirements.

The packing is SS mesh with Nomex (as seen in BATMAN movies, firemen flame suits, etc.) that is arranged to absorb sound.

316 Stainless steel tubing that is food grade and polished on the inside.

I'm going to have more pics when It's ceramic coated white with a 55%~ decrease in heat being radiated so that the exhaust can maintain more of their exit velocities since less of it will cool down.

Unnamed5.jpg

Unnamed4.jpg

Unnamed3.jpg

nsxguts1.jpg

nsxguts3.jpg

nsxguts4.jpg

Unnamed7.jpg

if anyone else would issue such a blanket statement based on unproven claims you would be all over them like a cheap suit- maybe it is best for you and you are proud of it because it was made for you but thats not an adequate verification of your statement.

1. weight? surely those mufflers are not light, no more 13lb pound claims here.
2. hp increase (decrease)?
3. noise? i am not an expert in noise suppresion but have extensive experience with composites and nomex (or any) untreated honeycomb is not exactly sturdy. the heat is not the issue, i would worry that the pressure waves will disintegrate the honeycomb fairly quickly.
4. not street legal- no cats, not 'best' off the bat for most of us.
5. 55% heat decrease due to coating? heat reduction does not only depend on the coating but on type of parent material, its thickness and type of exposure. for your benefit find out exactly what kind of coating it is as most of aerospace coatings like that are actually porous so with heat and exposure to water it will actually help those headers rust (the inconel and hexalloy parent material in aerospace applications are rust-proof is it does not matter, 316 will rust when thermally cycled). i would suggest coating it inside and outside with a coating specifically formulated for exhausts (not porous) not doing a cross-reference based on a result of totally different application.
6. material- 316 'food grade' stainless, as i continuously point out, is not the preferred material for exhaust as it was not developed for thermal cycling but a stable, constant low temperature, it will rust/pit so it is not 'the best'. (before you point it out, yes, i do have 'cheap' headers made from 316 but i don't claim them to be the best).

you have expectations for others- play by the same rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Batman was joking..or it atleast sounded like it.

if anyone else would issue such a blanket statement based on unproven claims you would be all over them like a cheap suit- maybe it is best for you and you are proud of it because it was made for you but thats not an adequate verification of your statement.

1. weight? surely those mufflers are not light, no more 13lb pound claims here.
2. hp increase (decrease)?
3. noise? i am not an expert in noise suppresion but have extensive experience with composites and nomex (or any) untreated honeycomb is not exactly sturdy. the heat is not the issue, i would worry that the pressure waves will disintegrate the honeycomb fairly quickly.
4. not street legal- no cats, not 'best' off the bat for most of us.
5. 55% heat decrease due to coating? heat reduction does not only depend on the coating but on type of parent material, its thickness and type of exposure. for your benefit find out exactly what kind of coating it is as most of aerospace coatings like that are actually porous so with heat and exposure to water it will actually help those headers rust (the inconel and hexalloy parent material in aerospace applications are rust-proof is it does not matter, 316 will rust when thermally cycled). i would suggest coating it inside and outside with a coating specifically formulated for exhausts (not porous) not doing a cross-reference based on a result of totally different application.
6. material- 316 'food grade' stainless, as i continuously point out, is not the preferred material for exhaust as it was not developed for thermal cycling but a stable, constant low temperature, it will rust/crack so it is not 'the best'. (before you point it out, yes, i do have 'cheap' headers made from 316 but i don't claim them to be the best.

you have expectations for others- play by the same rules.

The exhaust will be done soon.

I bought a sound meter for this and other exhausts in my other toys.

I'll post the results.

As far as the 55% claim: http://www.swaintech.com/store.asp?pid=10969

I have had the Comptech exhaust.
I now have the ScienceofSpeed Endura Lite Exhaust .

I really like the ScienceofSpeed Endura Lite Exhaust.
Sounds is wonderful "Intoxicating". Is very light. Well made.

I would get this again. No question.

Later,
Don

Just because somebody says they have the "best exhaust," doesn't mean, its the best for you. What exhaust you choose depends on your style and what you like for your car. Its not an easy decision and not cheap at all either. I spent most of last year trying to decide what i wanted through trial and error. I bought the Pride V2 exhaust and i bought the Cantrell Endura lite.

The pride exhaust was the best bang for the buck exhaust if you want a high pitched exhaust I liked the 3500 exhausts but i couldn't see paying that for one. I bought it for looks and sound it was 1000% pleased. I did buy the Cantrell Endura lite and was equally pleased, constructed well, light and sounds great. I didn't care about HP gains, FI is the only solution for a REAL performance gain IMO. The Pride is the sound i was ultimately looking for in the end. Mark from pride is an EXTREMELY good vendor with EXCELLENT communication and customer satisfaction is his priority. Its a shame he doesn't sell any other nsx parts. I have had good service from all the nsx vendors though.
Check out the thread below, i made it so SOMEBODY could have an idea of what the exhaust i went through sounded like. Hope it helps with your decision on at least 2 exhaust.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141107

Last edited:
Back