• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who abandoned their NSX in Dubai?

This is not a scam... my husband was Saudi and never Transferred the ownership in Dubai. I left Dubai right b4 he died.

You know nothing and have no right to post about this vehicle. FIrstly as an expat you have n way to register the car or even get away with driving it. So dont bother.

Hi

As per my email, I'm interested and happy to come and have a look and help with any paperwork. Also there's no problem importing, registering and driving it as an expat.

The car looks great and at the dubizzle price of AED25,000 you will find loads of takers.

Regards

Matt

This is not a scam... my husband was Saudi and never Transferred the ownership in Dubai. I left Dubai right b4 he died.

You know nothing and have no right to post about this vehicle. FIrstly as an expat you have n way to register the car or even get away with driving it. So dont bother.

When did you leave Dubai?

Update:

Spoke to someone here in Dubai today who knows this seller. Appears to be a legit story of a husband who has passed away and the wife has sold the car.

Numerous questions as to why it sat so long etc. but regardless its now a sold car to a dealer who will part it out...that's the worst part. Shame.

Not a happy ending. I'll try and track down the dealer and see if it can somehow be rescued from its impending fate.

Sure wish beshbusha would have contacted me as I would have made it worth her while...sad.:frown:

Crazy story. Just started reading it today after it got bumped. Figured I might go check it out if I end up going to Dubai in a couple of weeks. Interesting turn to the thread when the owner jumped in to post. From her POV, it would suck if a bunch of car guys from the US are talking about jacking it or flying a C-130 and lifting it out. Not that Prime is to blame--it was an abandoned car as far as anybody here knew. Hopefully, the owner finds some peace and the money goes to helping out the widow and her fatherless children.

Here's in update you guys might appreciate

attachment.php

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1459305065039.jpg
    FB_IMG_1459305065039.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 519
Just read through the thread. Holy wow. So what's the story behind the update pics immediately above?

yes we want closure.....:eek:

Alright here is what I know.

the car was either sold to a dealer then sold to the first owner in Dubai, or it was directly sold to the first owner an arab expat from what I know.
I found the car in a residential area in Dubai (that was how I was introduced to the yellow NSX) and saw that it was parked with no numbers so I thought the owner might be selling it soon or its just parked.
I then asked around and came to know the story of the previous owner and that the current owner cannot register it whatsoever. he indeed bought it for 25k AED (~7k USD) but without any papers of proof (proof of entry).

After a year or so I saw the car in the garage where I service my s2k back then and the NSX was already registered, I came to know that he went to Saudi Arabia to reprint the export documentations and then made a case against the car in the Roads and Transport Authority where they agreed to register it (I think he had a certified sales letter from the wife of the owner).

I asked if he would sell it (before I bought my current NSX) the answer was 80k AED (~22k USD). but I didn't go ahead although the price was still intriguing.

Anyhow, it seems that he found a buyer, in the picture here it is now owned by a 2nd owner whom I met in that gathering. and I think he is planning on restoring it to a better condition.

I think now, we can rest our souls that it is not going to be crushed or parted out. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back