• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who is the oldest NSX owner that still drives their car regularly?

As the aging process takes over here, despite still feeling like a 25 year old, just pondering (old guy term) who the oldest of us really is. Yours truly is 76, and still enjoys taking out the young guys in the Corvettes, Camaros and Mustangs at the light, (my wife keeps complaining "why do you have to do that?" and the reply has to be "because I can", taking the tight cloverleafs and leaving everyone in the dust. I blame my son-in-law for my car. Had wanted one since they came out, and have owned Acuras since they entered the country. His search which I helped with the PPI's brought me to looking, and drove mine back 1200 miles, one of the best trips of my life. I'll keep the car till I can't get in. Can always get out, just fall out and someone will pick me up.
Can't wait to see results here.
Blessings,
D

I'm at 59, spring chicken for this thread. - I remember wishing I bought a ... 97 car from a Stevie ... @ 72.
My wife had a 84 300ZX turbo - complete with talking "fuel is low".
We passed it on to her father in Palm Springs.
He drove till his last days at 84. Flew P51s, so no problem for him.
He just drove occasionally and to McDonald's at 6 AM - had the 70 year old gals hitting him up.
Think what you'll miss if you dump it :smile:

Last edited:
I’m 67 and bought mine way back when I was 66 about 9 months ago..I talked to Nate at CT Engineering last week and I’m seriously considering supercharging it..Could be another thread..Actually the record holder may be living in Toluca Lake, ca. About 3 months ago I saw a red NSX coming in my direction and when I looked over I saw a man who had to be in his mid 90’s hunched over the wheel wearing a little hat and doing about 20 mph..with the funniest smile I’d ever seen on anyone, I swear he looked like he’d escaped from the rest home..

I’m only 50 this year but the original owner of my car (I’m the second owner) was reportedly well into his 80’s, having leased, then owned the car from new in 1999.

The first NSX coupe I sold came from the 2nd owner, who purchased it from the 1st owner in the mid 2000's when that gentleman was in his 90s. Not sure if he was still driving the car much, but he still owned it to that age and the timeline means he would have purchased it new in his mid 70s.

Last edited:
there is a nice guy in his early 80's from NY state that drives to nsxpo...

I'm one of the young ones at (almost) 73. :tongue: Bought it when I was 65 from the 3rd owner.

I’m 33 + 33 and have owned my 92 daily driver for 21 yrs.
I’ve got 220,000 miles on the car and love the no power steering/ go cart feel of the car
As Dr Ken Cooper says; we are supposed to wear out, not rust out.

83, and can't believe it! Still no problem getting in and out of my '91, although I do appreciate the power steering these days. I reckon riding my T-Max and MP3 with young fellows in their 70s helps keep me sharp:smile:

Last edited:
83, and can't believe it! Still no problem getting in and out of my '91, although I do appreciate the power steering these days. I reckon riding my T-Max and MP3 with young fellows in their 70s helps keep me sharp:smile:

John, Very respectfully - You win the NSX Prime award for being a registered user on Prime for 17+ years with the lowest (8) post count! Let's hear from you more often. NZ driving HAS to be sometimes fantastic, no?

I dunno what the T-Max is, and an MP3 to me sounds like a fine rifle.

:biggrin:

Last edited:
You could actual refer to me as son..

John, Very respectfully - You win the NSX Prime award for being a registered user on Prime for 17+ years with the lowest (8) post count! Let's hear from you more often. NZ driving HAS to be sometimes fantastic, no?

I dunno what the T-Max is, and an MP3 to me sounds like a fine rifle.

:biggrin:

Check out Yamaha T Max & Piaggio MP3 . So I get to have fun on 2 3 & 4 wheels.

Although the surface of our roads leaves a lot to be desired, the corners per kilometer (we are metric) leave nothing to be desired.
Just keep looking where you want to go, 'cos our fantastic scenery will beguile you. We also make great coffee and meat pies.

Extremely young here at 62. I actually just got my driver's license (46 years ago.)
I enjoyed John's comment that he could still get in it. I recently told my girlfriend I'd never sell the car unless I got too old to climb down into it. I've had mine 10 years this May, and drive it all the time. I still redline it a couple times every time I drive it.
Great thread.

Last edited:
I'm solidly mid pack on this thread, 67. Does it count that I road raced an MR2 for 20+ years in the SCCA? (Also solidly mid pack!) I hung up the helmet 3 years ago and bought my NSX in Dec 2016. I intend to keep enjoying it as long as it's fun to drive and the self driving idiot machines leave the passin' lane for passin', cuz I'm comin' through! haha.
AJ

I'm solidly mid pack on this thread, 67. Does it count that I road raced an MR2 for 20+ years in the SCCA? (Also solidly mid pack!) I hung up the helmet 3 years ago and bought my NSX in Dec 2016. I intend to keep enjoying it as long as it's fun to drive and the self driving idiot machines leave the passin' lane for passin', cuz I'm comin' through! haha.
AJ

You definitely need to come down to Raleigh, NC for the MidEast NSX Meet, May 18-20. We typically get between 30 - 40 NSX from MD/VA/NC/SC/GA.

Great fun. See more details in the SouthEast Forum.

John

I hope I'll be lucky enough to enjoy my NSX when I reach your age. Much respect, sir.

Are we to assume that old guys don't drive our cars? Or....................is it that old guys don't do the Forum, Facebook, Linked In etc. This old guy wants to be known as running up the down escalator if necessary to keep up with you young bucks, as well as driving my NSX in a "spirited" manner.
Don

I just turned 71 in February. Purchased my first NSX (which I still have) 12 years ago and my second NSX 2 years ago. I don't feel old (most days).

Attachments

• IMG_2103.jpg
    IMG_2103.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 965
  • Garage 01.jpg
    Garage 01.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 923
^nice garage!

Back