• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why are you all asleep?

During the winter most car forums are lit up, full of bored people waiting for the snow to dissapear.

WHY ARE YOU ALL ASLEEP?

Hello!

H e l l o ? ?

Anyone here?

I'm here... lots going on my car in a few weeks... Comptech Headers being one of them! :biggrin: Anyone know of a good dyno shop near the KW area?

Thanks,

I am at the arena waiting for the ticket guy to show up to buy hockey tickets....I thought we were supposed to have a game this season?? :(

I'm here... esp. now that my car is back in Toronto from Cali. What a terrible day yesterday to drive it over from Buffalo.

My car is getting close to where I want it to be before I start saving for a "big" performance mod i.e. SC, etc. What's next on your lists? I heard Comptech Headers. I'm also considering headers. Most likely Taitec or DC. Suspension mods may be coming soon as well...

Im *thinking* of a NSX-R suspension as I have a feeling that once I change my rims, Im going to think that the car sits too high visually. Also, Im thinking Id like a funky exhaust and an intake.

That said, Ive driven the car 85kms since I got it right before Christmas so I will feel like a chump modding it right off the bat. So Im going to try to refrain as long as possible, but I wont be able to hold off long!

I've been thinking about suspension for some time now. The Type R does not lower the car and maintains the stock height but does give a much stiffer ride.

The main motivation for suspension upgrade needs to come from the root purpose of the car. i.e. "fun car", "track car", "show car", etc.

The type R suspension is tuned specifically for the Type R which has the weight reduction, hood and rear spoiler as well as the other suspension upgrades. IMHO the Type R suspension would not be optimized unless your car was very similar to the Type R setup.

The Type R is rather stiff and the Tein much stiffer. Having had much experience with stiff suspension setups and being in Toronto, it doesn't make much sense to do that to your car unless the car is a "track car".

I was going to get the Teins and change the spring rates and revalve the shocks but was the adjustability of height and damper worth the price?

I think I'm going to go with a set of progressive rate springs that closely match the OEM specs initially to maintain the OEM ride but progressively get stiffer with force and a set of adjustable Koni Yellows. Unless things change "root purpose of the car", that's what I'll probably do since I'm not dedicating it to being a "track car".

I think Daria has a Type-R suspension on his car, so he may be able to give some insight. I rode at Watkins Glen in a car with a Type-R suspension and the handling on it blew me away! Of course the driver had a lot to do with it, but he was making the car do things I didn't think were possible in an NSX!

Things I'd definitely like to do this summer:

-Dress up engine bay a bit
-Remove engine cover or replace with a mesh one (anyone up for a group DIY?)
-HID Kit
-Boomerang2
-Finish installing new leather pieces for side/console

Other things I'm thinking about doing, but haven't decided for sure yet:

-Go with hi-boost pulley for CTSC
-AEM with assorted goodies, ie walbro, larger injectors etc.
-Stereo/speakers -- I hate the stock setup, but this is lowest on my priority list of things to change. I *REALLY* like lithiumus's setup! *droool*

As usual, the problem is too many things -- not enough cash! :frown:

Been to busy with a few work projects, paintball team practices, friday night hockey..I haven't even had a chance to go to the mountains and snowboard this winter yet

*bows head in shame* and I have neglected the NSX all winter long...

Back