• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why do caucasian people like chromed wheels?

I've been browsing and looking around for a clean stock NSX for the last little while. A few of the 94 and 95 that peaked my interests with the stock 16 and 17 rims, all the rims are chromed! Why??? :confused:

As you can tell, I'm not caucasian and aint' too fond of chrome. Where I live, the stigma here is usually that if you see a sports car that has chrome rims or wheel wells or bumper or whatever, it's usually owned by a caucasian.

:confused:

I don't know about that . Where I am from , there are two general groups that like chrome , white and brown.:eek:

I dont mind chrome is pretty cool on certain cars I dont know about putting them on imports tho but I thought the chrome wheel thing was bigger with afro-americans. when did this all a suddenly change?

Trucks and muscle cars are alright, but I agree that chrome has no place on a sports car...

No offense to anyone, just my opinion... :cool:

Last edited:
Stereotyping...

I thought the general hip-hop/rapper fans liked chrome wheels. Then so do the Harley guys? Observation, it's not just one group in my opinion.

My Lexus has factory chrome wheels, but that's because I bought the car this way, not by choice. I actually prefer the silver wheels.

Interestingly, my dad, 60 yr old brown/south asian prefers chrome wheels. He's cooler than me....sometimes. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I know both a caucasian (SPRCHGDNSX) and an afro-american (NSXWOLF)with a NSX and they don't have chromed wheels.:confused: They both have wheels that are too big for me 18/19. Does polish aluminum count?

I know Asians like Volks.:biggrin:

SPRCHGDNSX listened to rap music and he is white.:confused:

NSXWOLF plays tennis and he is black.:confused:

I feel demeaned, disrespected, and a bit violated by the terms “Caucasian” and “white”. Do I look like I’m from Azerbaijan (an Islamic country which lies in the Caucasus region between the Black and Caspian Seas)? Does my skin color remind you of the flag of surrender? Insults both! To respect my delicate racial sensibilities and to be politically correct, please refer to me as a European-European. Everything else is a racist slur.:biggrin:

Regarding the wheels - almost no one here in Europe puts chrome rims on their cars. If European-Americans like them, they must have spent too much time away from the Fatherland. Or they’re a deviant sub-group.

I have to agree with you guys. I think certain chrome wheels look fine on the nsx, but most ive seen on here will probably depreciate the value of the car :tongue:. I bought my car with some old school TSW chrome and the first thing I did is order some SSR type F 17/18 matte black. I should be here in a few months! :biggrin:

I believe that your wheel should reflect the color of your skin...So I must now get me some white wheels......:confused:

I feel demeaned, disrespected, and a bit violated by the terms “Caucasian” and “white”. Do I look like I’m from Azerbaijan (an Islamic country which lies in the Caucasus region between the Black and Caspian Seas)? Does my skin color remind you of the flag of surrender? Insults both! To respect my delicate racial sensibilities and to be politically correct, please refer to me as a European-European. Everything else is a racist slur.:biggrin:

Regarding the wheels - almost no one here in Europe puts chrome rims on their cars. If European-Americans like them, they must have spent too much time away from the Fatherland. Or they’re a deviant sub-group.

Sorry to digress from the topic but does being referred to as "white" offend you?
I was having lunch the other day with another non-white friend and when one of us said "some white guy", we got a few stares. That made me wonder if white people don't like being called white.
EDIT: just noticed that white does offend you after re-reading your post.

Back to the topic:
no chrome wheels please :)

Last edited:
A few of the 94 and 95 that peaked my interests with the stock 16 and 17 rims, all the rims are chromed! Why???

Since you were looking at chrome wheels and it sparked your interest, this is a clear indication that there is some caucasian in your background. Being aroused by chrome wheels is the caucasian in you coming out. I'm not necessarily saying that your great-grandmother slept with a white guy or anything, but imagine the look on your great-grandfather's face when that pale baby popped out.

As you can tell, I'm not caucasian and aint' too fond of chrome. Where I live, the stigma here is usually that if you see a sports car that has chrome rims or wheel wells or bumper or whatever, it's usually owned by a caucasian.

Generally speaking, when trying to "pass", it always helps to adopt the prejudices of the local population. It would be useful to know exactly where you live, so I could give you targeted advice on how to pass for one of the locals. A lot of white folks use the word "ain't", so it might help to eliminate this word from your vocabulary. Suggestion: In the future, use the phrase "don't be", as in "I don't be too fond of chrome." Without knowing your precise location, the best general advice I can give you is to try and keep your caucasian tendencies on the down-low. Try to not do anything "white", like wearing striped shirts, in front of anyone else. With regards to food, absolutely do not have a ham sandwich for lunch every day. You should also avoid mayonnaise, cheese, and potatoes. And since you are aroused by chrome wheels, I am guessing that you are the light-skinned one in your family. There are skin-darkening cream that you could try.

Hope this helps! Write us back and tell us your specific location so we can be of more assistance.

Last edited:
I've been browsing and looking around for a clean stock NSX for the last little while. A few of the 94 and 95 that peaked my interests with the stock 16 and 17 rims, all the rims are chromed! Why??? :confused:

:confused:

You, my friend, are an idiot :rolleyes:

You, my friend, are an idiot :rolleyes:

Come on ANYTIME. You know as well as I do that '94 and '95 NSXs were only sold to white people and all of them had chrome wheels....in Seks area. In fact all sports cars ....in Seks area....owned by white people, are required to have chrome wheels.

I hate white people and their damn sports cars with chrome wheels!

I know both a caucasian (SPRCHGDNSX) and an afro-american (NSXWOLF)with a NSX and they don't have chromed wheels.:confused: They both have wheels that are too big for me 18/19. Does polish aluminum count?

I know Asians like Volks.:biggrin:

SPRCHGDNSX listened to rap music and he is white.:confused:

NSXWOLF plays tennis and he is black.:confused:

Too Funny!!:biggrin:

I am white and hate chrome. I like gunmetal, like the Zanardi BBS wheels. Chrome looks cheap to me, kinda ghetto. Black can look good too, if it doesn't have that chrome rim. Just my opinion, the NSX is so beautiful, it needs a subdued wheel.

Lot's of chrome here.... and I like it!!!!
63_Ferrari_250_SWB_r_front2.jpg

On a NSX... no thanks.

I have seen just as many "brothers", Diegos, Pollacks, Hymies, Wetbacks, Towelheads, and Gooks (did I miss any?) with Chrome wheels. Bad taste has no ethnic or national boundaries - it's just that - bad taste.

Last edited:
I like them so I can bend over and look at the reflection of my gold grill when I smile. That's p-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-mp :wink:

My wife just got a new car and she wanted to have the wheels chromed. I said no f-cking way. I really like the polished look, like aluminum looking wheels. BTW, the chromed wheels my wife wanted was a 6k option. That's just dumb to spend 6k on chrome wheels. I could buy ~3 flat screen tv's for 6k :D

Hey Seks- just buy your '94 or '95 NSX and toss the chromies. Back then dealers were delighted to charge more for them along with the wood grain dash (regardless of race).

Back