• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why is the Porsche Cayman better then the NSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
shiri said:
Am I reading this right?
Am I reading this right?
Am I reading this right?

I am sorry, i should put in i was aiming at build quality, but if you would have read the post completely, you would have seen i was going on about build quality in the first place.

Last edited:
CerberusM5 said:
A stock GT3 circulates the skidpad at 1.02 or 1.03 g's according to one of the major publications. I have never seen a stock NSX exceed 0.97 g's in a publication.
So here we go - it already was in 1997 - just scroll down to "Querbeschleunigung" which is lateral g. This was achieved in the "Querspange" of Hockenheim short track.

shiri said:
You mean an interior that's the same as an 80's Honda Accord?
CerberusM5 said:
No, its the one with the 80's Accord instrument cluster and late 70's 928 dash design.

Look who's back. We're getting them all today. :biggrin:

Last edited:
CerberusM5 said:
I may express by disappointment loudly (well before selling the car), but I am not a troll.
Hmmm...

From http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/troll.html

troll

1. v.,n. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies" which in turn comes from mainstream "trolling", a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See also YHBT. 2. n. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll." Compare kook.

wMTAzMjk5OTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

pbassjo said:
And it's not even Thanksgiving!

I find it pathetic when someone like qirex obsesses over hanging around here and dissing the NSX, many months after deciding to get a different car. (Remember, qirex had the worst user reputation of all 7000+ NSXprime members when the user reputation system was operating.) And now CerbM5 appears to be falling into the same trap.

Cars can be a lot of fun. They are made to be driven and enjoyed. If you don't like the one you have, get a different one and enjoy it. If you're wasting your time hanging around and kvetching on a board for a car you used to own (qirex, Cerb) or never owned (shiri), then you just don't get it. Very sad.

Last edited:
pbassjo said:

ROFL!!!!!

nsxtasy said:
I find it pathetic when someone like qirex obsesses over hanging around here and dissing the NSX, many months after deciding to get a different car. (Remember, qirex had the worst user reputation of all 7000+ NSXprime members when the user reputation system was operating.) And now CerbM5 appears to be falling into the same trap.

Cars can be a lot of fun. They are made to be driven and enjoyed. If you don't like the one you have, get a different one and enjoy it. If you're wasting your time hanging around and kvetching on a board for a car you used to own (qirex, Cerb) or never owned (shiri), then you just don't get it. Very sad.

Gentlemen,

I truly apologize if my behavior treaded on becoming "trollish" by your standards. I have aired my dissatisfaction of certain aspects of my NSX during and now post-ownership of the car. It was clear that the NSX was not the right sports car for me and we are all entitled to our own personal opinions, likes and dislikes on various automobiles. Personally, I am glad I sold my NSX and replaced it with a vehicle I find much more enjoyable.

However, I may have pushed my opinions too strongly on a group of individuals who generally idolize the NSX (this is an NSX forum). I do not wish to be remembered as a Prime member with a bad reputation, but one who tried the NSX, but discovered it was not a fit.

Please acept my apologies for my temporary immature behavior as I enjoyed meeting many of you at the JGTC event and through informative communications on this board.

Now that's a gentleman. You're ok with me Sandy and I take back the half hearted tag of troll. You don't deserve it even in jest. :cool:

CerberusM5 said:
Gentlemen,

I truly apologize if my behavior treaded on becoming "trollish" by your standards. I have aired my dissatisfaction of certain aspects of my NSX during and now post-ownership of the car. It was clear that the NSX was not the right sports car for me and we are all entitled to our own personal opinions, likes and dislikes on various automobiles. Personally, I am glad I sold my NSX and replaced it with a vehicle I find much more enjoyable.

However, I may have pushed my opinions too strongly on a group of individuals who generally idolize the NSX (this is an NSX forum). I do not wish to be remembered as a Prime member with a bad reputation, but one who tried the NSX, but discovered it was not a fit.

Please acept my apologies for my temporary immature behavior as I enjoyed meeting many of you at the JGTC event and through informative communications on this board.

pbassjo said:
Now that's a gentleman. You're ok with me Sandy and I take back the half hearted tag of troll. You don't deserve it even in jest. :cool:

Thank you Joe. I am sure at times I deserved it, but the fog has passed. Thanks for being understanding. :smile:

Sandy, what are the costs of the mods to get the GT2 just the way you like it? Are you satisfied with it stock? Before buying mods, do you plan to drive it for a few months and get a feel for what you want improved?

Get a Cayman, Twin Turbo it and then go out and race high hp Vipers and Supra's. That would be a fun project!

AutoVation said:
Sandy, what are the costs of the mods to get the GT2 just the way you like it? Are you satisfied with it stock? Before buying mods, do you plan to drive it for a few months and get a feel for what you want improved?

Get a Cayman, Twin Turbo it and then go out and race high hp Vipers and Supra's. That would be a fun project!

Tony,

I plan to keep it mechanically stock for several months while I get familiar with the car. I also need to make sure I don't void the warranty by going too crazy with the mods, specifically the engine.

So far, I like the car a lot. It feels strong and handles very nicely, though it's not as crisp as some of the GT3s I have driven in the past. I have not pushed it aggressively in the corners with lots of throttle yet and will probably wait to experiment with slow speed car control at an autocross event. However, I don't think the car would be very competitive in an autoX environment, but will be fun nonetheless to learn more about the car's slow speed handling characteristics. I am also looking into track events in Pahrump and Buttonwillow to get to know the car better. :)

In regards to mods, I am look into a 640 hp/620 ft lb kit utilizing Garret turbos. The price is about $20k plus labor. I think anything over this would be unuseable.

CerberusM5 said:
So far, I like the car a lot. It feels strong and handles very nicely, though it's not as crisp as some of the GT3s I have driven in the past. I have not pushed it aggressively in the corners with lots of throttle yet and will probably wait to experiment with slow speed car control at an autocross event. However, I don't think the car would be very competitive in an autoX environment, but will be fun nonetheless to learn more about the car's slow speed handling characteristics. I am also looking into track events in Pahrump and Buttonwillow to get to know the car better. :)

Hi Sandy,

Looks like you have PCCB's on your GT2, make sure that you get enough air on the rotors if you start hitting track events, otherwise you might be looking at big $$'s :eek: replacing them.

Ken

BTW: A fellow from San Francisco sold his GT2 recently to buy a 360CS, you did not happen to buy the car from that guy by any chance?

offtopic: Why the heck Porsche 996 has to put the starter on the left side of the steering wheel. Not use to left hand so I have to use the right hand twisted under the steering wheel to start the car. It's very annoying :frown:

AutoVation said:
The guy in the F430 and the Bentley each saw an NSX but no F430 or Bentley. :wink:

Not quite right. The guy in the F430 was extremely cool and exchanged waves and smiles with my wife and I.

The guy in the VW...er Benltely was too busy contemplating paying more than 4X what I did for my car to even notice my wave :biggrin:

Sandy,

Wow. That car is sweet as hell!

I never thought of you as a troll in any way. The NSX just didn't have what you are looking for. Simple as that.

Seeing as a stock GT2 is not enough for you, I cannot see how a NSX could ever have been.

Stick around prime.

AndyH said:
offtopic: Why the heck Porsche 996 has to put the starter on the left side of the steering wheel. Not use to left hand so I have to use the right hand twisted under the steering wheel to start the car. It's very annoying :frown:

It was put there for design purpose and not art. Back in the hay day of racing, drivers would literally run and jump into the car and take off.

By putting the key in the left side next to the window, the driver could turn the key and start with the left hand and shift with the right simultaneously.

CerbM5, thats a nice looking car you got there and I'm sure it hauls a$$, If you can afford to spend that kind of money on a car and it's upgrades/upkeep,than good for you! Its your car and you like it and thats all that matters...I would not feal comfortible spending that kind of money on a car and absorbing its depreciation, I enjoy driving my "outdated" NSX and thats what matters for me, and I'm sure for many other prime members...

As for the 350z? gimmie a break that car has good HP and TQ sure but it has horrible visibility from the driverseat and handing can not even be campared to the crispness of an NSX, I used to work for INFINITI and my friend has a G35 coupe wich is the same car with more interior space and I feel clostrophobic in the G35 and 350Z. but ya know "to each his own"..JZ

Very nice GT2, love the wheels and roll bar :)

BTW......

Why is that turbo upgrade so much cash??? Are they just price gouging because it's a GT2?? It doesn't seem like it should be 20K PLUS labor (labors gonna be stupid $$$ because of the engine coming out and what not). I mean it's not like your adding turbos to a N/A car. Even with fuel management, intercoolers, etc 20K is way outrageous.

I know cost is relative, but getting ripped off is still getting ripped off!!

Also.....holy off topic :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AndyH said:
To anyone who doesn't know much about car, your porsche is the same as all other porsches on the road but 360 Modena is something else.

Clearly Sandy couldnt care less. Obviously what matters to him the most is what matters to him the most.

Good on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back